• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisim

Quote from: Tarkus on August 11, 2009, 08:11:07 PM
Pedestrian paths at intersections tend to be rather messy since they involve a lot of overlaying of multiple paths along the same coordinates, so if there were a missing pedestrian path there, it'd be difficult to tell just from the DrawPaths, as there'd be no clear visual sign.  The only way to know would be through a test like this.
CaptCity, I checked and Alex is right: there are two pedestrian paths missing for the two puzzle pieces: tram-in/on-road street intersection without street across the tram tracks. Sorry. We shall correct this bug in the next NAM update.

CaptCity

Quote from: Chrisim on August 12, 2009, 02:34:47 PM
...there are two pedestrian paths missing for the two puzzle pieces: tram-in/on-road street intersection without street across the tram tracks... We shall correct this bug in the next NAM update.

Well, I'm not glad for the bug, but I'm glad it was found. Thanks for checking on it.  :thumbsup:

Later: I just reread the post, and I'm not sure I understand which pieces are in question. One of the pieces I was having issues with was the Tram-in-Road Street Intersection with the street crossing the tracks.

These are the three I was asking about... The single sided Tram-on-Road street crossing piece does not appear to have ped paths, but the others appear to but don't function...

Maybe I misunderstood...?

Chrisim

@CaptCity I'll do a systematic check of ped paths of these pieces

BTW Happy Birthday, CaptCity

CaptCity

Quote from: Chrisim on August 14, 2009, 02:08:07 AM
@CaptCity I'll do a systematic check of ped paths of these pieces

BTW Happy Birthday, CaptCity

Thank you very much.

kbieniu7

Quote from: PieEetrek16 on August 12, 2009, 08:35:34 AM
I would ask about diagonal T-RAM. I'm waiting for few moths. Is it still on progress? This is thing, I mostly need. :)

Yeah, what happened to it?
http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/ed9a8f9706ff626b68f6044a91968083.png
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

z

Transitions for GLR-in-Avenue and GLR-in-Road to either Subway or Underground Rail have been uploaded to the LEX.  Here's what they look like:

These transitions are available either as part of the newly-released RTMT Add-On Pack V3.60 for RTMT users, or in a standalone version for non-RTMT users.

Also, the RTMT Interim T-RAM Stations pack has been updated.  It now contains support for multiple languages, as well as support for the new menu structure and the DAMN menus used in the RTMT Add-On Pack V3.60.

RickD

This is exactly what I need. Outstanding work. I don't have words to describe the awesomeness!  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

MAS71

Hello Z and All  :)
I got Z's a nice addon "RTMT GLR Transitions", thank you for this nice works!

but I have some strenge problem of the SC4Path with them.  "$Deal"$
Please look this pic, and you can see a problem that not worked correctry about SC4Path for 2 kind of directions.  ()sad()
(SC4Path breaks off on the way.)

I tried to test them with only a "latest NAM" and a "RTMR GLR Transisons" in my Plugins.
and I using a file "RTMT_Tram_Transition_Paths_Left.dat" in this case.
Of course, I don't using Left and Right path file same time. ;)

Do you have any idea and/or advice for it ?

Thank you
-Mas'71

z

Hmm...  The left-hand paths were tested out by one of our team members who uses left-hand drive exclusively, and they worked fine for her.  I'll have her check this out.

OK, she checked out the configuration you showed, and here are the paths she sees:

These seem correct for left-hand drive, and they're created from the released distribution.  So I think that at this point, the most likely explanation is that there is some problem with the way you have left-hand drive set up in the NAM, although it could be something else.  I know that there are some issues with getting left-hand drive to work properly, but I'm not very familiar with them.

ebina

Sorry for the inconvenience. I checked RTMT_Tram_Transition_Paths_Left.dat, all tram paths in the file are still RHD, not LHDified. I'll create a patch soon.

EDIT: Patch attached. Replace a file of the same filename.

MAS71

Thank you again for tested and report Z. ;)
After I asked you, I'd try to test them some times, Unfortuntely they could not solved it in my city. :-[

Ok, I'll ask to some japanese players too in japanese forum about it later.
Please tell me some advices when you note again for this problem. ;)

Thank you again Z and Teams for used your time. :)

##### Edited ######
Oh I see !! ;D
Yes, I wait for latest Lot and/or Patch by Ebina san.  ;)
Thank you Z and Ebina san for your immediate correspondence !!  :)

z

MAS71, I'm not sure if you saw Ebina's message (it was posted shortly before yours), but apparently this is an RTMT bug after all.  So as soon as Ebina comes up with a fix, we'll post it and update the copies on the exchanges.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

MAS71

@Ebina san
Thank you for a Patch and your helps Ebina san !  ;)
I tested agian with your patch(latest SC4Path for Lefthand), but I could not solved it...... ()sad()
I have not experienced such a problem. I have already no idea....... &mmm

Ok, I'll ask to japanese players about this Lot in japanese forum.
Thank you for patch and use your times always!! ;)

#### Japanese ####
@Ebina さん
早速のパッチ作成と公開、ありがとうございます!
今、パッチファイルを差し替えて試してみたのですが、残念ながらやはり同じ症状のままでした。 &mmm
他のNAMパーツなど、回転させると不都合が出る事など無いですし、この様な問題は初めてです。
また何かお気づきの事がありましたら、アドバイス頂けると助かります。
早急の対応、ありがとうございました! ;)

@Z
QuoteOK, she checked out the configuration you showed, and here are the paths she sees:
If you would, Can you get files(Lefthand.dat, and SC4Lot files) from her and attache them in your post in this thread??
I want to test them again with files that worked correctry her used when she tested.
(Sorry, I don't know who is "She, Her" you said, Please say "Thank you" for her from me too. ;))

Thank you for your helps. :)

catty

Quote from: MAS71 on October 25, 2009, 08:51:05 AM
@ZIf you would, Can you get files(Lefthand.dat, and SC4Lot files) from her and attache them in your post in this thread??
I want to test them again with files that worked correctry her used when she tested.
(Sorry, I don't know who is "She, Her" you said, Please say "Thank you" for her from me too. ;))

Thank you for your helps. :)

Hi MAS71

I tested the GLR Transitions using the latest download from the LEX

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2248

before testing I deleted

RTMT_KeepRight_NoUTurn_Rd-GLRInRoadTrans.SC4Model and the RTMT_Tram_Transition_Paths_Right.dat files

Have downloaded Ebina patch and will go and try it out and post back with pictures

Cathy
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

MAS71

@catty
Hello and nice to meet you Catty  :)
Thank you for your adviced and use your time for me as well. ;)
Ok, I see,,,,, :-[
Yes, I trying to use them with files as you said. (Delete 2 files beforehand)

Well,
At next, I try to changed a Left-Hnad(JPN, ENG) to Right-Hand(US) with a method of "Change Registry Keys".
and test  them again with RTMT_Tram_Transition_Paths_Right.dat and NAM(Right-Hand version).
however, It was not solved.......They had same result...... ()sad()

and just to be make sure, I already ask for some Japanese users about this problem in japanese forum.
I'm waiting for thire reply "Worked Right!" or "Have same problem".
I'll post again here when I get some report from them.

Thank you so much for your helps Z, Ebina san and Catty !!
-Mas'71

catty

Quote from: catty on October 25, 2009, 09:50:32 AM
Have downloaded Ebina patch and will go and try it out and post back with pictures

Tested Transitions with Ebina's patch installed

Quote from: MAS71 on October 25, 2009, 10:14:34 AM
I already ask for some Japanese users about this problem in japanese forum.
I'm waiting for thire reply "Worked Right!" or "Have same problem".
I'll post again here when I get some report from them.

I'll hold off doing anymore testing till you report back  :)

Quote from: MAS71 on October 25, 2009, 10:14:34 AM
Thank you so much for your helps Z, Ebina san and Catty !!
-Mas'71

:thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

z

Looking at the tram paths, they look to be correct before Ebina's patch, and reversed afterward.  That, combined with the fact that the old paths worked for Cathy and the new ones didn't solve MAS71's problem, makes me wonder about whether this patch is correct.

Cathy, did things function properly after Ebina's patch?

One other thing, MAS71 - to get the paths activated, you need to drag a one-way road through two-thirds of each transition - the part where the road shows yellow (or else save the game and reload it).  Did you do this in all the transitions?

CaptCity

Thought I would throw in my two cents...

I went ahead and switched my game to left-hand drive and loaded my left-hand plugins to check the transitions to see if I would get the same as Mas71 reported. With or without ebina's patch, all seemed to function correctly. I did have to draw the one-ways to get the paths to appear, but that is to be expected. After that, everything seemed to look and behave normally.

catty

Quote from: z on October 25, 2009, 04:07:03 PM
Cathy, did things function properly after Ebina's patch?

Yes, as CaptCity has reported

QuoteWith or without ebina's patch, all seemed to function correctly.

:)

z

Well, that's very interesting.  Ebina, can you explain this?   ???