• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaaling

Quote from: Tarkus on January 20, 2009, 03:09:45 PM
Next NAM, not likely.  First NWM, now . . . maybe . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Is this the MAVE-4?

io_bg

So what is it then?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metarvo

Maybe it's the nMAVE (Narrow Medianless Avenue).  I seem to remember Alex showing us a 4-lane 1-tile network once, with the capacity of an Avenue in the same space as a Road.  I try to think of the Tram-on-Road as our first taste of the nMAVE.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

io_bg

Hmm I don't think that this network is only one tile wide, at least it doesn't look like it's only 1 tile wide ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

KoV Liberty

Its probably 2 tiles wide. W/out the median it would just have a larger sidewalk.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

KrigarN

Is it possible to make any of these networks draggable, in order to turn them into dual network bridges ?
[Insert signature]

choco

the T-RAM itself wouldn't need to be draggable for a bridge to be made....unfortunately, dual network bridges suffer from high congestion problems and no solution has been found.

KrigarN

But at least it's technically possible, exept for the congestion, right ?
[Insert signature]

Andreas

Quote from: KrigarN on June 09, 2009, 10:40:10 AM
But at least it's technically possible, exept for the congestion, right ?

Yes, but this doesn't help us a lot, since one single car is already causing "heavy congestion", shown deep red in the traffic view. And while the bridge still works technically, the traffic simulator tries to avoid it, basically rendering the bridge useless. That's even worse than a pure eyecandy bridge, which wouldn't be considered by the traffic simulator at all, and therefore not causing any additional calculation effort.
Andreas

choco

i recently tested a GLR-n-Ave bridge for about 15 game years.....car traffic flowed fine, no congestion.  but the sims avoided the bridge like the plague, and could never get tram traffic to use it. 

i have one more idea to try, but i dont expect any different results.   &mmm

j-dub

Quote from: io_bgHmm I don't think that this network is only one tile wide, at least it doesn't look like it's only 1 tile wide Wink

Really, its just one tile. That picture is just the Tram on Road, without the tram in the two middle lanes, except that picture is also a draggable NWM item.

As for the bridge thing, I wouldn't give up hope. I don't see why the Tram in Road wouldn't be possible, maybe not draggable.

chris0101

Is there any way to make an exit for all the versions of RHW where the exit MIS goes from ground to elevated right away as a space saving measure (ex 3 tiles long?)? Kind of what occurs on the Maxis version of highways.

WC_EEND

Quote from: chris0101 on June 17, 2009, 09:30:25 AM
Is there any way to make an exit for all the versions of RHW where the exit MIS goes from ground to elevated right away as a space saving measure (ex 3 tiles long?)? Kind of what occurs on the Maxis version of highways.
this isn't really the topic to ask this, try the RHW topic (found here
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Chrisim

Please read the first posting - it is changed to reflect the June 2009 NAM updates  :)

FrankU

Chrisim,

I did read it. Wow, what can I say? A small step for a man, a large leap for Simkind!  &apls  &apls  &apls

pierreh

Wonderful! The new additions in T-RAM do extend the scope of what can be built. Thanks and congratulations! I especially like the new modular tram-in-road/tram-on-road modular roundabout, among other things it provides a nice way to build a space-saving loop at an end of line. Off to update my NAM asap...!

KoV Liberty

What are the pics? I cant see them.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

heitomat

Great additions!  &apls

Just a question: Is it really possible to develop com and res facing the T-RAM puzzle pieces? I've had a hard time figuring that out, as I seem to sometimes get the "no car"-zot, and sometimes not.. The picture posted earlier, showing the new tram-in-roundabout seems to indicate that such zoning is possible. Or am I wrong?
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

z

Yes, these should behave as standard network puzzle pieces.  Only the stations would not permit development.  There are other causes for the no-car zot, however.