• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

List of Train Skins

Started by woodb3kmaster, May 27, 2009, 01:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWFan89

I know it's the wrong thread to talk about this, but here it goes:

It was said in the previous page that two train mods for passenger rail could be used in the game by modifying the IID's for both models.

Quote from: RippleJet on May 30, 2009, 01:15:26 AM
Quote from: Swamper77 on May 30, 2009, 12:57:21 AM
For example, you can't use a mod that makes the Passenger Train look like an Amtrak with the Regional Runner Set, which also alters the Passenger Train models.

Unless you reassign the IID's for those models... ;)
If there's any particular train you'd like to replace any of the ingame trains, you may also ask here, and I'll see if I can fulfill your wishes... :)

So it seems to be possible to install two train mods in simcity without any conflict unlike what vester said previously:

Quote from: vesterIts possible to have more than one train skin installed: one replacement and several additional mods.
There is no way, to control them, they will be mixed together.

However, I don't know how to do this and it seems to be very difficult to do it since I don't have any experience, knowledge about programming or creating and modifying mods for the game... &mmm &mmm :-[ :-[

@RippleJet: could you show us in an other thread or tutorial how to make two train mods working together in the game for rail passenger? I would really appreciate it! ()stsfd() ()stsfd() ()stsfd()

Thank you!

And by the way, Happy New Year to all of you!  ;)

vester

Quote from: vesterIts possible to have more than one train skin installed: one replacement and several additional mods.
There is no way, to control them, they will be mixed together.

Try to read once more what I wrote. Its more or less the same.

Let me clearify that a little.
If you install say a red train mod and a blue train mod.
The game will mix up the cars, so trains will have cars that is red and cars that is blue, all at random.

SWFan89

Quote from: vester on January 04, 2012, 09:37:46 AM
Let me clearify that a little.
If you install say a red train mod and a blue train mod.
The game will mix up the cars, so trains will have cars that is red and cars that is blue, all at random.

I see, so there's no way that two train mod will work separately without having the cars being mixed together, sigh! :(

This must be related to the structure of the game itself, right?

I mean, when SimCity 4 was first released, it wasn't designed so it can have two or more train skin installed together because originally there was only one train mod which was the Maxis one. How disappointing! It would have been more realistic if we could have two or more train skin installed at the same time without having any conflict between them...

SWFan89

I was wondering, because it's not in this list of train skins and I've been looking for it for some weeks, has somebody made a train skin of the New Jersey Transit (NJT) multilevel train cars?

Here's a picture of the multilevel cars:

Also, the Montreal trains (AMT) seem to have the exact same multilevel cars:

If someone finds a train skin for those multilevel cars, please post a message.  :)

vester

If you did have a look at the mod posted, you would find several.

BRF did quite some:

BRF Amtrak California Passenger Train Set
BRF Trolca Transit Authority Passenger Train
BRF GO Transit Passenger Train Set 3.01

maybe more.....

Its faster to go through the list and open the download pages.
You might find some in there you didn't expected.

Start doing some leg work.

SWFan89: Your posts so far hasn't added anything to the list, more than cludder, making finding the list harder.
If you have a "Where do I find" request or request for new content, start a new thread for it

vester

Quote from: vester on December 29, 2011, 02:04:18 PM
On a side note:

Any one found this train mod(s) ?

The engine are one of Girafes own work, that he has not released. The wagons are just props.