• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Playing with the BSC SimNation Military (SNM) Lots

Started by deadwoods, February 06, 2007, 03:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadwoods

Like the BSC Parks thread, this is intended to be a themed-mini CJ. It was prompted by CityNut's "show us your Military Bases" thread.

All of the lots shown below (except where specifically mentioned) are from the BSC SimNation Military (SNM) series. The original set of SNM lots were released by BarbyW in 2006 and feature the work of Barby, RippTide, TeddyB and a few others. Recently I released some add on packs for the SNM series, such as the Fences V2 and the Field Firing sets. All the SNM lots can be found in the SNM Project - Final forum on the PLEX.

The first city is Howqa Valley Lower that includes the Howqa Army Base, home to the Third Infantry Division and associated units. The first pic shows an overview of the base looking from north (bottom) to south (top).

There are four distinct areas of the base; the Operational area in the bottom right (where the day to day work occurs), the Residential area in the top right, the POL and Ammunition storage areas (left), and the Field Firing Range (off to the far left). As you can see a number of interstates split the base.

We'll start our tour of the base at the Northern Main Gate.

The crusty old MP sergeant takes pride in maitaining his flower beds. Pity help the dozy soldier who tramps on them.

Just south of the main gate is 31 Div Int Btn (Divisional Intelligence Batallion).

We could tell you what goes on in there, but we'd have to kill you afterwards, and there's more to see on the tour.

Next is an overview of the operations area; consisting of offices, messes, the main parade ground, a drill square, and some of the vehicle compounds.

Ahhh, members of 312 Independent Rifle Company (IRC - Reserve) are parading this weekend and enjoying life on the drill square. "Company, from the left to the left, by the left, left form, ..... where the hell do you think you're going Johnson".

Around the drill square and parade ground can be found some of the messes and other buildings.

The above pic shows (from left to right); the Officers Mess, 3 Div HQ, the South Main Gate, 313 Recon Sqn (Reconnaisance Squadron) motorpool, the base firestation and hospital.

The next pic shows (from left to right); 315 Field Battery (Towed) gun sheds, 6 Sig Regt (Signals Regiment), the SNCO (Senior Non-Comissioned Officer) mess, the OR (Other Ranks) and 312 IRC Depot.

Finally the other major unit is 32 Maint Btn (Maintenance Battalion, or "black hand gang") who maintain the hundreds of wheeled and tracked vehicles used by the various units.

Next on to the Barracks area.

David, aka deadwoods

deadwoods

Moving to the south side of the interstate we have the Barracks area.

The single soldiers occupy the large barracks buildings on the left (with the drill square in between). Married OR's occupy the apartments on the right and the married SNCO's and Officers that don't live off base occupy the apartments on the top of the pic. There is also a base PX and ample sporting facilities.

To the left (east) of the Barracks area is the POL (Petrols, Oils and Lubricants) and Ammunition storage area.

The POL storage facility is at the top of the pic. There are many ammo bunkers at the base due to the high volume of live firing that occurs, including infantry, armour and artillery. You can also see one of the range gates and a vehicle wash facility so that range mud isn't carried through the base area.

The next pic shows a closeup of some of the ammunition bunkers and the wash point.

Adjacent to the field firing range are some static training facilities, such as the parachute training tower and Div HQ field camp (used for various command post exercises).

To the east is the live firing range itself. Currently 332 Battery (SP) is performing a technical firing exercise (thus the lack of camoflague nets).

Here's 315 Fd Bty (Towed) deployed to the field (under cam).

Finally we can see members of 32 Armoured Regiment practicing fire and manouver exercises in the forest.

So that's about it for this base. There aren't many of the SNM military lots not shown (I'll cover the naval lots later). You can see the SNM Fencing v2 all around the base, plus the use of the BSC Forest Track lots.
David, aka deadwoods

BarbyW

Super use of the SNM lots, DWD, a very impressive layout indeed. I wish our AWOL soldier would return and then we could get on and finish the set.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Yoder7652

indeed...very nice DWD. I still haven't played with these too much...but the day is coming  ;D

jeronij

It seems the game is evolving to a Close Combat 7 or something like that  :D :D

Seriously now, you are showing a great army base here, very well planned and structured....I am in hurry to test your military stuff as soon as I can  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

NikNik

Super base.

Very nice those moving tanks.

Washing point? never thought of that, good point!
At least now I know why I never will be a good paratrooper.....gulp......

Nik-Nik

Colyn

Great stuff DWD ...  &apls

PS ... You could try that 6x7 growable I have made that grows a MEGA tented base barracks for your soldiers ... it is R$.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

sam

Very nice Deadwoods, the layout is very interesting and there are some great ideas there. Thank you for posting it.

bat

rooker1

Wow.......very army like indeed.  Nicely laid out......looks very good.
Call me Robin, please.

sebes

This is a great SNM base Deadwoods. The lay out is very inspiring  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

meinhosen

Quote from: deadwoods on February 06, 2007, 03:08:04 AM
The crusty old MP sergeant takes pride in maitaining his flower beds. Pity help the dozy soldier who tramps on them.

Hey, I should take offense to tha... oh wait, it's true (except for the 'old' part).   :P
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?