• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Playing with BSC Parks and SG's Canals

Started by deadwoods, February 03, 2007, 03:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadwoods

I'm not much of a CJ'er, so I thought I'd do a bit of a walk through one of my cities by theme. The theme of this one is a Simgoober Canal system and associated BSC Parks. For those that aren't familiar with the BSC Park series, we have created a set of parks and puzzle pieces you can use to connect them together. All the park pieces use a standard base texture that can be one of a selection (I use the Brown Brick Large texture).

Barby and I have also been creating a few new pieces as I've developed this city and found bits that were missing/needed (and some requests). So you'll see a few lots/pieces in the following pics that aren't yet available. All, bar some specific ones, will be available soon :thumbsup:

Here's an overview pic of the city with the canal running south (bottom left) to north (top right)...

The following pictures run from south to north.

Pic #1 shows the southern end of one of the lakes of the canal system. The park area features SimGoobers SwimCentre, the Brickworks Market park, the Heladeria Farggi and Cantina del Toros parks, as well as SG's boats and dock.

Pic #2 shows the other (northern) end of the lake. The park here features the Spean Bridge Memorial park. Following the canal to the right, you can see one of the Canal Pedestrian Bridge parks.

Pic #3 shows a number of parks in development, based around RippTide's plane models. We're waiting for RippTide to reappear so we can release his models. IT also has some of SG's Narrow Canal pieces.
David, aka deadwoods

deadwoods

Pic #4: Moving further north is a bend in the canal. Bordering the canal are some 1x1 Oak tree lots (seasonal, bright red in fall and leafless in winter). There's also a nice 2x1 Pedestrian Bridge lot from the Venice series.

Pic #5 shows another lake made from the Canal pieces. The lake features the R.A.F. Memorial. Around the lake are some Oak and Elm lots. I've also got some new lots that are half grass (with seasonal oak on the grass) and half path, so they can be used by themselves (like one the edges of canals as shown) or paired to produce a nice tree lined avenue (as shown in the top right of the pic).

Pic #6 shows the Debussyman Gloriette Gardens opposite the lake in the previous pic.

Pic #7 features the Bloody Awful (sorry British Airways) London Eye will Barby's wonderful BSC Park lotting. The BALE works nicely with the parks and canals.
David, aka deadwoods

deadwoods

Last set...

Pic #8: Due west of the BALE is another canal/lake area with the Palacio Cristalio and the Naval Officers Memorial.

Pics #9 and #10 show the canal running past the Major League Stadium and Zoo.

Finally Pic #11 shows the Canal Locks joining the canal to the river.

I hope you've enjoyed my little trip along the canal and it's encouraged you to use more of the BSC Parks (and SG's Canals). I know CityNut is close to releasing a set of canal-based lots that will expand options even more. ;D
David, aka deadwoods

bat

wonderful using of SG's canals and BSC parks! Great city and pictures! :thumbsup:

Colyn

I like it ... this is great ... I have to sit and think more about making large park areas for my Sims ... they will all flee to your cities. ;)
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

sebes

Beautifull pictures - the Palacio Cristallo is gorgeous, and so is the park with the RippTide planes.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Rayden

Wonderful job, I love it. So far I hardly used the SG Canals ever, and I'm not much of a park builder as well &mmm I gotta try that sometime. ;)
Keep up this standard my friend. :thumbsup:

toxicpiano

Very nice work! There is something I found on Toutsimcity (French site)that might interest you BSC people:
http://www.toutsimcity.com/downloads2.php?voir=628&type=l&page=2
Someone has made 'natural' canals using SG's models on the STEX. Take a look!
Picture for you: http://www.toutsimcity.com/download/image_628.jpg
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

mattb325

Great canals and park areas deadwoods. Toxicpiano, those canal add-ons are interesting, thanks for that ;)

Fred_Ginger

DW, those canal/parks are really lovely!  I like the half trees/half walkway idea, will give us much more versatility, except I mostly use the skinny pathways, oh well, I can always try to expand my repertoire ;)
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

CabraBuitre

Looks great!!!  I actually just discovered the same thing, TP...  I've wanted diagonal wider pieces... I wonder if SG would consider some diagonal pieces with the new releases he is creating?

Check out Abelfarei!

keithsed

I had just decided not to use canals in my current city, but after looking at your maybe I should reconsider.   &Thk/(

They look very good.  I like your use of bridges across the canals.  That is one reason I decided not to use them.  I did a cursory look for bridges and couldn't find many.  I need to look again :o

Thanks for changing my mind.

Keith

rooker1

Everything looks great.  Lots of parks......it looks like an expensive city to live.  I like the stadium beside the raised highway.  It's too bad someone doesn't make under the highway parking, it would have fit there perfect!
Call me Robin, please.