• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barby plays Shosaloza

Started by BarbyW, December 19, 2006, 03:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

I am using the Italia terrain mod and tree controllers.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

kimcar

&apls  First time that i post on your city , and i have to said that i like it . Great detail and layout. That's right the hunter shot is great. Keep going . Btw i know Peg advertise us that his site gonna be down for a moment , but do you know if is already under another name or we have to wait a few days beforetry again . Thanks

TheTeaCat

Aweome, So true to life. very classy skills :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jacqulina

awesome work barby looking great so far i love how you are placing everything

NikNik

Good work Barby.
I like that fox hunt scene; never seen that before.
All the lots are well chosen and fit very well.

Nik-Nik

Colyn

Good ... I should look at hose fox hunters things again.  :thumbsup:
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

mattb325

Love this update - the pub and the cricket pitch really complement each other...now if the pub only had an off-license, the cricketers would be in heaven!  :P

BarbyW

Well with such a beautiful enormous gift this morning from debussyman I just had to try and earn the reward in the only city big enough for it. Unfortunately on this map there are few places to put my "palace" so some intense ground preparation had to be done and the trees replanted.
The region now has a population of 139K+ and Port St Louis has 64K+. Here is a distant view of the palace:

As you can see it sits high above the city centre on a steep escarpment to keep out any marauding Singes Tapants.

A closer view of the whole two lots:

The modelling of this building is exquisite. Here are a couple of close ups of the main building and the entrance gates.

In the small mixed district on the hill NDEX has arrived with DT's Michigan Avenue.

Although near by it is tag_one and simgoober who have been busy building.

More later as I have to do some severe rebuilding in St Louis.

Alfred.Jones

That is a very nice and big palace barbyw ;) Happy Birthday

Sim City 4 Devotion

Alek King of SC4

I spy some GooberMagnums   &dance

BarbyW

Indeed you do, Sebes.  ;D
I was having a severe traffic problem in St Louis with all the commuters going to Port St Louis so I decided to have a rethink. The council and I decided to relocate the current sims and build a motorway from Port St Louis. Once this was done and some transit hubs introduced the area was rezoned for a mix of residential and commercial.

Soon the area was crammed with high rise homes and businesses and at night it looked spectacular.

The central area was also zoned again with high density zoning and again the city population increased dramatically. In this picture you can see the central avenue as it transitions to the highway with transit hubs from deadwoods. There are also a number of car dealers in the area, a Sim Swim Arena and Museum from simgoober and a temple complex from CSX.

The council decided to provide a sunken plaza complex that went underneath the highway.

Despite all the high rises there are some quiet corners of St Louis. This holds the homes of Dalene, Cindy and Mike as well as some private homes clinging to the hillside. Cindy's home is particularly popular due to the proximity of the hot springs.

At the other side of the city the rich built their homes surrounded by trees.

One of the aristocrats had turned his home into a centre for artists.

Unfortunately there are always criminals about the place but the police helicopter is on the scene quickly and arrests are made shortly afterwards.

St Louis now has a population of over 120K and the region has grown to 250K. The mayors of the other cities are not intending to allow development of this type in any of the other cities. Well that is what they say ::)

sebes

Great updates Barby. I can imagine this  &dance  reminds you of me, but it was actually Alek King of SC4 who wrote the previous comment  ;D
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

mattb325

&apls Loving it. Barby's palace looks fantastic in game....methinks you need to throw a giant party in there as it would be very lonely wandering all those halls  (sans singes tapants, naturellement) :P

The rich areas look great too. I love those mansions!

jeronij

HI Barby,

again I liked the amount of details overall  :thumbsup:

Re-reading this thread, I found this pic:

Can you tell me where to find these low wealth houses ?¿. Specially the ones in the center and on the right. Thanks in advance  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

BarbyW

The houses you are asking about are in cycledogg's forum at BSC only at the moment.

jacqulina

hi barby i told you that you could do it and you have done some wonderfull work excellent building and planning

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

TheTeaCat

Lovely just lovely.
What a very nicely presented update.
Great pics too
Put your feet up I'll make you a cuppa

PS    Many happy returns of the day ()flower()

%BUd%&dance is how you felt when you got your pressie I'm sure and what a superb one it was too.  &apls

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

BarbyW

Just a short update as a I had some rare lots grow yesterday.
First is an rp2005 building - The Turkey Mill Apartments, a converted former texxtile mill that now houses the higher earners of the city.

One of my favourite ripptide BATs - the exquisite Palacio Cristalino and pool. This is from the BATter who was criticised for poor textures by Glenni. &mmm

Now to the industrial area. I often have the CSX Mega Industrials grow but not this one too often:

And finally I was overjoyed to see this grow as I made it a year ago and have never seen it before. It is now on the LEX here ;D

I have more pictures but haven't processed them yet. I apologise for the lack of story line but I cannot compete with Mattb and Colyn.