• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4D Lex ... Support Questions V01

Started by Colyn, January 14, 2007, 09:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colyn

Ok here is where we will handle general support questions.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

sanantonio

I have gone through the steps for registering and received the confirmation email, but when i click the provided link, i get an error message:

Sorry ...I have a problem ...
<picture of a confused ape>
I have a problem with the data you entered.

You have entered invalid data !
The following seems incorrect ...
User Already Active ...
The System Quality Controler ... (picture above) ... is having problems with the data you entered..

Click the BACK button in your BROWSER and try again.

It also shows my IP address and a link for the webamster.  I'm running this in firefox, and clicking the link in my email creates a new tab, so the back button isn't an option.  I'm interested in the SC4 Datpacker, but can't look until I'm officially registered.  Thanks for any help.

BarbyW

On the LEX User list there is a san antonio who is now active so make sure if that is you that you put the space in when trying to sign in.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

sanantonio

I tried the link through Internet Explorer and it took me to the login page...no problems. That was weird, but I'm in - so no worries!

Mobius

im having a problem getting the email confirmation in the first place, i had a difficult time getting the email confirmation for sc4 devotion also. I have no idea why my email wont accept the email confirmations....

wouanagaine

If you have a spam detector, just check that it has not sent it to the junk mailbox

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Colyn

@ Mobius ... I cannot see your REGISTRATION on the LEX ... please do it again ... there is no user by the name of Mobius.
Come see CSX Play

Mobius

ok i re-registered, my email is mobius_swift@msn.com and ive registered twice now i think the first one had the username jroc187, i checked out my email account and i cant figure out why i dont recieve email registrations.....?

Diggis

Are there plans for auto login to the exhange?  I have problems with remembering my passwords  %confuso

BarbyW

Mobius is registered and active. Jroc187 is registered but not active so do you want me to delete this username from the database?
Diggis, my windows set up remembers my passwords and fills it is automatically so I just have to input my name. I'm not sure of the procedure for getting Windows to do that %confuso but you should be able to do the same.

Diggis

I turned that off as I'm mostly on shared computers  &mmm.  Ahh well, no biggy.  Was just a query.  Sites nice though.  :satisfied:

Colyn

We have an issue on the auto login because the LEX runs as a sister site to the Forums ... we are sharing the same domain so we are a bit reluctant to modify the Forums cookie but we are investigating the issue.
Come see CSX Play

Aleksander

hello now I cann't login into the SC4dLEX for some reason I was ther about three hours ago now I cann't can some one tell me why?

thanks
Aleksander
Tiania

BarbyW

Aleksander, you appear to have two log ins at the LEX. one of them is Aleksander1234 which is the active one. The other is not activated. Please say which one you wish to use.

vab423

In one of the prop packs (the latest CSX, I think), the descriptions says to "mark the file" or something like that since it will likely be updated.  How do you do that in the LEX? I thought the software did it automatically and I poked around a bit but I didn't see a way to track the file.  Thanks!

edit:  oh dang, I think I put this in the wrong thread.  sorry.  ()sad()

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

BarbyW

The LEX will do that for you. It actually says to track it which youwill do by looking at you Download history ;D

Colyn

Vab ... Barby had me worried too ...  :P

Truth is that the LEX automatically track everything that you have downloaded and will show a RED TAG if an update is available and you dont have it ... all visible in your Download History.

BTW ... is anybody using the Download List feature ?
Come see CSX Play

vab423

Oh good, Colyn, glad I'm not the only one.   ;)  Actually, I think I did use the download list thingie and posted a question ... er, somewhere about its use.  That's the shopping cart-type feature, right?  What happens if you change your mind about downloading?  Is there an unselect option?

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

callagrafx

I tested it and it's working like a charm...but Vab's right, it needs a "remove" function.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Colyn

Come see CSX Play