• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Referendum on the appointment of Head of Tarkus RABETs project

Started by ivo_su, November 24, 2011, 04:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo_su

So I guess that Alex will hate me after what I believe to do it but please forgive me.
Because I think RABETs will never see light of day unless Alex does not take it I propose to hold a referendum. Let if 100 members vote for it to start the project to respect the result of "YES"

Ivo-SU (Ivo) vote of "YES" - 1 vote

vinlabsc3k

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

ivo_su

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on November 24, 2011, 07:40:17 AM
I vote YES, 2 votes, but after the Project 0E.

Of course if we collect 100 votes it will be after the project 0E which is a priority at this time. The goal is to have arguments with which to show Tarkus how many people want and need large roundabouts. Let's hope that it will comply with the will and vote of 100 members.

noahclem

I don't understand the point of this thread. You asked Alex to work on RABETs. Alex answered very clearly that no, he would not be working on RABETs. He gave several reasons why, including that he's neither interested in, nor experienced with large roundabouts. He did offer to give help and expertise to anyone else who chose to lead the project.

Even if 100 people were rude enough to demand that he give up the things he would rather work on to create what they want instead he would have no obligation to do so.

vinlabsc3k

I believe that ivo_su want to declare to NAM team (not only Tarkus) that the players want more options for roundabout and make possible this add-on for the NAM.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

ivo_su

Quote from: noahclem on November 24, 2011, 08:01:05 AM
I don't understand the point of this thread. You asked Alex to work on RABETs. Alex answered very clearly that no, he would not be working on RABETs. He gave several reasons why, including that he's neither interested in, nor experienced with large roundabouts. He did offer to give help and expertise to anyone else who chose to lead the project.

Even if 100 people were rude enough to demand that he give up the things he would rather work on to create what they want instead he would have no obligation to do so.

Naturally, neither the 100 or 1 million people can get Alex to do something against his will. I ran for president and leave the rest to choose - of course that last word will be his. As far as I know him know that he comply with the views and wishes of others. To this end, and I started this poll, as election talk and my goal is democracy finally triumphed.

Swordmaster

The modding community is nothing democratic - it's voluntary. That means: if you want larger roundabouts, try your hand at modding them yourself.

rooker1

This thread is now locked as I see no use for it and no point in arguing. 
When Tarkus comes on line he can choose what to do with this thread.

Robin - Admin.
Call me Robin, please.

Tarkus

Thanks, Robin.  I plan to keep this thread locked.

Ivo, while I admire your enthusiasm, this is taking things way too far--and it's not the first time you've done this.  You're also not the first to do something like this, and I'm certain you won't be the last, so I'll make my point clear and in public.

A thread like this is not a request--it is a demand, an imposition.  Just about all custom content creators--myself included--do not take kindly to demands and impositions.  I'm sure there's a 100 people out there that would like to have RABETs, or a multitude of other projects that we don't really have actively underway, but I would suspect many of them would have enough respect for those doing the developmental heavy lifting not to engage in threads like this, demanding that a specific member lead that project. 

And no matter how many people you manage to gather, it's not going to change anything.  I've already said no to spearheading RABETs twice.  I have too much on my plate as it is, and I'm not going to shelve everything I want to do with this game just because some demanding folks want to make an imposition.

-Alex