• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Growing Empty Lots and How to Correct them

Started by RippleJet, April 02, 2007, 01:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

That would definitely be the building you are looking for.

The number 0x4f24b666 is the hexadecimal Instance ID of the building.
Try to search your entire plugins folder (and all subfolders) for a filename containing 4f24b666,
probably a filename ending in _4f24b666.SC4Lot

That number also tells me that the building exemplar (file) was created February 20th, 2005.

marros

I found such identification, which I came to the next file, 8590_CS $ $ $ _KeioPlazaHotel_4f24b666.SC4Lot, truth, if this is not correct, we also find another file that I get a lot empty, 8590_CO $ $ $ _FukuokaBank_0da2ad15.SC4Lot, this I get in the first window after applying the trick, buildingplop, and the second window appeared to me the following files that I went out in empty:
0x60003810
0x60003820
0x60002f50
0x60003840
0x60002f70
Of course you remove the folder plugins, t send this information if you can alcaso prove useful.

RippleJet

Quote from: marros on May 30, 2008, 07:30:14 PM
I found such identification, which I came to the next file, 8590_CS $ $ $ _KeioPlazaHotel_4f24b666.SC4Lot, truth, if this is not correct, we also find another file that I get a lot empty, 8590_CO $ $ $ _FukuokaBank_0da2ad15.SC4Lot

These are APTX's buildings that you have downloaded from his Japanese site.
The Keio Hotel is actually available on the STEX as well, with an English name.
And that one is listed on the first page:

Quote from: RippleJet on April 02, 2007, 01:41:40 PM
CS$$$

Building Exemplar Name   
Jobs
   Container file where Building Exemplar can be found   Uploaded by
Keio Plaza Hotel
   8590_CS$$$_KeioPlazaHotel_English_4f24b666.SC4LotAPTX

Unfortunately APTX's site isn't online, so I can't download these to get their Japanese names added to the lists. :(
Could you possible send all APTX's Japanese SC4Lot files that you've got to me over e-mail? :)
They should all start with 8590 and end with SC4Lot: 8590*.SC4Lot

marros

if I would do, give me your mail to send, or Tell me as I send.

RippleJet

Quote from: marros on May 31, 2008, 12:42:08 PM
if I would do, give me your mail to send, or Tell me as I send.

It's behind that little envelope under my avatar on the left. :thumbsup:
And you can also see it if you check my profile. :)

SimFox

I wounder if this problem affects the lots that could be both growable and plopable. How about parks? I've been lookion into Deadwoods sunke plazaz (for non-related reason) and found that they also have non 0x0000000 parent cohorts. I wonder what exactly does it mean? Are those custom cohorts that random plaza will appear as you plop it? Is there way to see it from the numbers?

RippleJet

Quote from: SimFox on June 02, 2008, 03:11:21 AM
How about parks? I've been lookion into Deadwoods sunke plazaz (for non-related reason) and found that they also have non 0x0000000 parent cohorts. I wonder what exactly does it mean? Are those custom cohorts that random plaza will appear as you plop it? Is there way to see it from the numbers?

There are a number of Cohort Files that Maxis made, e.g:
  - TGI 0x05342861, 0x07BDDF1C, 0x00000002 = Park Cohort
  - TGI 0x05342861, 0xCA386E22, 0x0A64ED55 = Landmark Cohort

A Parent Cohort is an exemplar that contains properties that are inherited by any exemplar referring to it,
Thus, those properties which are the same for e.g. all parks, won't have to be be given separately for each park.

If you edit one of the ingame parks, that Parent Cohort would still be left behind.
However, the Park Cohort doesn't contain any properties that would cause any problems.

The reason the RCI Cohorts cause problems is that they are made separately for each building family.
And each building family Parent Cohort contains the property Building/Prop Family.
That property is the culprit that causes all those old functional landmarks to grow as one of the buildings in that in-game family.

Some creators have also made custom Cohort Files, e.g. those that Thalassicus made for his airport lots.

And if you want to create prop families you should create a custom Parent Cohort for them.
If that Cohort Exemplar contains an Exemplar Name, that name will be seen in LE instead of the hexadecimal ID.

marros

ripplejet, send you the files that 8590 had, I hope you received the

RippleJet

Quote from: marros on June 02, 2008, 12:28:18 PM
ripplejet, send you the files that 8590 had, I hope you received the

I have received them, thank you!
Among those files there were actually only two functional landmarks growing on empty lots:

8590_CO$$$_FukuokaBank_0da2ad15.SC4Lot
800 CO§§§ jobs
8590_CS$$$_KeioPlazaHotel_4f24b666.SC4Lot     
2000 CS§§§ jobs

Unfortunately both of those have the Japanese names entered in the Exemplar Name property (and not in LTEXT files).
Thus, I would need help from a Japanese player in order to see what is displayed on a computer running the Japanese version of the game.

I'll send those files to MAS71 and ask him to tell me their Japanese names.
Then I'll add them to the lists up front.

Thanks for your help, Marros, with locating these! :thumbsup:

MAS71

Hello Ripplejet and all of friends  :)

@Ripplejet
Thank you for PM. I'm sorry to late reply. ;)
well, I took a pic with thire LOTs of APTX.

The name being written there is the same as the name of LOT's files.  ;)
8590_CO$$$_FukuokaBank_0da2ad15.SC4Lot ---- "Fukuoka Bank"
8590_CS$$$_KeioPlazaHotel_4f24b666.SC4Lot ---- "Keiou Plaza Hotel" or "Keio Plaza Hotel"

and
I write a message in UI of the "Keiou Plaza Hotel" too just in case. "$Deal"$
Quote from: Original Message by APTX西新宿高層ビル街にそびえる地上47階建の高層ビル。
新宿の高層ビル街で一番最初に立てられた高層ビルであり、現在も日本で最も高い高層ホテルである。
47階建ての本館に加え、34階建ての南館が加わり、全2棟客室数1500室の巨艦ホテルになっており、グレードの高さや立地のよさから国内外の旅行者に人気である。

Quote from: Easy Translated by AutoTranslation siteThis is a high-rise building of 47 stories to rise in the Nishishinjuku high-rise building street above the ground.
It is a high-rise building put up very first in a high-rise building street of Shinjuku, and it is the high-rise hotel which is the highest in Japan now.
As well as a main building of 47 stories, the south building of 34 stories increases and becomes the big warship Hotel of 1,500 all 2 guest rooms and is popular among domestic and foreign tourists from height of the grade and the good point of the geographical convenience.

Do you understand this result english ?? :P
One of main building(47 floor) and one of annex(South Building-34floor). It have about 1,500 rooms.
Please revice this message to correct English if you will use this UI(messages).

I hope this helps.  ;)
Thank you again for your hard works !!

-Mas'71

RippleJet

Arigatoo gozaimashita, Mas'71 san! :thumbsup:

However, may I ask you to write those names in Japanese in a post as well. :)
I can't copy the names from that picture into the lists of landmarks growing on empty lots. $%Grinno$%

MAS71

@Ripplejet
Oh!! OK!! (sorry.. ;D)

Fukuoka Bank : 福岡銀行
Keiou Plaza Hotel : 京王プラザホテル

It's ok ??
sorry to my missunderstanding always. :-[

RippleJet

Excellent, Mas'71 san! &apls

I have now added these to the lists on the first page, with their proper Japanese names. :thumbsup:

marros

ripplejet hello, if possible I would like to help, I've found is that this building, CO $ $ 9_3x3_jes_WisconsinGasBldg_CO_9406ec0c.SC4Lotme sale box brown, I have reviewed all units that must be downloaded and all I have, however I am still leaving this anomaly , And the truth is not what the problem, I appreciate all your valuable cooperation.

xxdita

If you're getting a brown box, then it's not an empty lot, but a missing model file. Check here for the Wisconsin Gas Building: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=457

Si usted está recibiendo una caja marrón, entonces no es un vacío RCI, pero le falta un archivo de modelo. Consulte aquí para el Edificio de Gas Wisconsin: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=457

marros

xxdita thanks, I must say that this building never had downloaded from this link, lo unico que tenia was camelots matters relating to trade, which brings the colosus addon mod, this serious problem? because I file my allusion, in the previous message, this problem may be in this download: CAM CO $ $

xxdita

The building model will be the same for both the CO & Ind lots.

Es la misma para ambos.

marros

I think there may be an error in the cam co $ $, because there appears a single file, and I think that is why leaving box brown, looking for the file you downloaded from the link you gave me this has three files and only one of the CAM,

RippleJet

The CO$$9_3x3_jes_WisconsinGasBldg_CO_9406ec0c.SC4Lot, which is included in CAM Commercial Offices BSC,
uses the model file jes_WisconsinGasBldg1-0x5ad0e817_0x532d2bc5_0x30000.SC4Model.

That is the same model file that all versions of Jestarr's Wisconsin Gas Buildings are using.
That model file is included in the LEX upload The Wisconsin Gas Building.

If you are getting a brown box, you are lacking the model file.
Can you please search your plugins for that model file:
jes_WisconsinGasBldg1-0x5ad0e817_0x532d2bc5_0x30000.SC4Model

If you haven't got it, please download it from The Wisconsin Gas Building.

SC4BOY

Here's one I haven't seen before:

This is a lot growing which has all the charactistics of the "empty lot syndrome".. It is bordered by Ristorante Italiano, BSC Wilson Office Building, a road, and an avenue roundabout with a Colossus statue in the middle on all sides.. it looks like this:

When you query it, SURPRISE! You get this.. ;)

Any thoughts? If more info is needed, just ask.