• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Growing Empty Lots and How to Correct them

Started by RippleJet, April 02, 2007, 01:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

I've checked those links, but couldn't find a functional office landmark with 2000 CO§§§ jobs growing on an empty lot.
However, I did find a number of other lots that have now been added to the list...

Quote from: marros on May 20, 2008, 07:35:55 PM
http://hide-inoki.com/~nob/lot.htm

All landmarks by NOB that grow on empty lots have already been added.

http://tokitoko.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ANOTH ... OTHER.html

Dead link...

http://hide-inoki.com/sc4/buildings_bat.htm#inuyama

Eight lots by Ragutaro have been added:

Quote from: RippleJet on April 02, 2007, 01:41:40 PM
CS$$$

Building Exemplar Name   
Jobs
   Container file where Building Exemplar can be found   Uploaded by
安土城
   HaS_AzuchiCastle_0ee1a1b2.SC4LotRagutaro
神戸ポートタワー
   HaS_KobePortTower_4f1a2f11.SC4LotRagutaro
熊本城
   HaS_KumamotoCastle_0e8bf3fb.SC4LotRagutaro
札幌時計台
   HaS_SapporoTokeidai_4f769e62.SC4LotRagutaro

Quote from: RippleJet on April 02, 2007, 01:41:51 PM
CS$$ (A-L)

Building Exemplar Name   
Jobs
<国宝>彦根城
   HaS_HikoneCastle_b1c3b90e.SC4LotRagutaro
日本武道館
   HaS_NipponBudokan_4e192b86.SC4LotRagutaro
大分スタジアム(ビッグ・アイ)
   HaS_OitaStadium_f0f2a5a6.SC4LotRagutaro
蘇我球技場(フクダ電子アリーナ)
   HaS_SogaStadium_d04ac16f.SC4LotRagutaro

Some of Ragutaro's functional landmark lots do not grow on empty lots, e.g:
  - Inuyama Castle
  - Kinkaku
  - Matsumoto Castle
  - Nagoya Castle
  - Ryounkaku

http://one.elley.jp/

Dead link...

http://www.geocities.jp/dareka789/bat.html

None of Dareka's buildings grow on empty lots. All his towers are static landmarks without jobs.

http://home.s04.itscom.net/aptx/

Dead link...

http://sc4bat.hp.infoseek.co.jp/BAT/index.htm,

Two lots by MK have been added:

Quote from: RippleJet on April 02, 2007, 01:41:40 PM
CS$$$

Building Exemplar Name   
Jobs
陸上競技場
   mk@stadium_2004_0e3288f3.SC4LotMK

Quote from: RippleJet on April 02, 2007, 01:41:51 PM
CS$$ (A-L)

Building Exemplar Name   
Jobs
通天閣
   Tsutenkaku@mk_CS$$_ee70730c.SC4LotMK

marros

I ask forgiveness if I do not really understand what I explained, because my English is zero, and the translator not give me a translation very understandable, I watched the lots that have published, I have gone through the cleanitol, and none of them located in the folder plugins, I hope if there is any other way that I can use the information that I sent.

RippleJet

Quote from: marros on May 21, 2008, 12:55:14 PM
I watched the lots that have published, I have gone through the cleanitol, and none of them located in the folder plugins, I hope if there is any other way that I can use the information that I sent.

Since the building you've had growing on an empty lot isn't listed previously,
and couldn't be found among the links you provided,
there isn't much else I can do to help you identify the erroneous lot for now.

Since the name of the building is missing, it's quite obvious it's a foreign lot,
having a name in an language your version of the game doesn't support.
Those languages would be Japanese, Chinese, Korean or Thai.

There is one way to identify what the building should look like though; locate the building in your landmarks menu.
Plop every building in the menu till you find the one that has an identical query to the one shown in your picture above.

Once you know which it is, take a picture and post it here.
That would hopefully lead to someone recognising it.

marros

anyway, we thank you riple jet, and all those who have helped me, and I will dedicate to look one by one files cs $ $ $, to find as soon as it identifies be showing me what you ask for to help others who might download this building.

marros

I return to annoy, it seems that I found the building that I get a vacuum, I did it with the editor lot, but now I have a problem is not that I find in the folder of plugins, that's why I come back, that it seems to me that This file is in the camelots commercial stage 8, that is what seems to me, but I leave the identity that gave me the lot editor.
0x60002a90 ... cs $ $ $ 8_2x3
0x60003340 ... cs $ $ $ 8_2x3
0x60002a80 ... cs $ $ $ 8_3x2
0x60003330 ... cs $ $ $ 8_3x2
if I could indicate whether these files belong to the cam or not to have a better track to find it, or tells me as I use the cleanitol with this information because I did locate the document text, and what happens but I said that they are not, I appreciate the guidance.

Swamper77

Those are the game's lots, which means whatever you downloaded is replacing those ones.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

marros

want to say that any discharge has changed lots of the game?, and if that happened, as I do to correct this problem?.

xxdita

Something else you can try while going though your Landmark menu, look for buildings that have the Item Description that reads Blank CO/CS. Often, the Item Description is unchanged.

If you have the extracheats.dll, you can use the buildingplop cheat to place any Blank lots you have as well. Since the buildings are actually on the lots as props, the Exemplar name is rarely changed, even if the name of the lot is. So these may show up as Blank CO in the list, which would certainly make it a lot easier to find.

marros

this is another problem, the menu of the landmark, I do not see this building, and I do not understand what I say (extracheats.dll), is perhaps a program, or the translation gives me somewhat confusing I do not understand

xxdita

Extracheats.dll is a file that when placed in your Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Plugins folder, can help with many things in the game. The current link to the file is http://host.simvision.net/SC4ExtraCheats.zip

Once in game, hit Ctrl-X for the cheat box, then type buildingplop. This will open a new window. Look for "Blank CO" or "Blank CS".

Extracheats.dll es un archivo que cuando se pongan en su Archivos de programa \ Maxis \ SimCity 4 \ Plugins carpeta, le puede ayudar en muchas cosas en el juego. El actual vínculo con el archivo es http://host.simvision.net/SC4ExtraCheats.zip

Una vez en el juego, pulse Ctrl-X para la caja de trucos, a continuación, escriba buildingplop. Esto abrirá una nueva ventana. Puedes buscar "Blank CO" o "Blank CS".

marros

hello, again, I will tell you that I have already done what I suggested, and install the extracheats, he did so "buildingplop, I opened a window and select Blanck cs, and I opened another window and the files that I appear before them had shown:
and I get precisely the empty lot, which is not like done to locate these files in the folder plugins, that may be compact, he wanted by Blanck, and it does appear to me, All I know is that these files downloaded from the page somy, but not that I do now after finding them with extracheats, which is a step forward?

RippleJet

Quote from: marros on May 22, 2008, 01:21:18 PM

Those are ingame growable lots upon which building family 0x4000003B grows.
And that only confirms that it's a landmark growing on empty lots (these four lots)...

There should have been a landmark lot as well using that building though...
Since you obviously doesn't have it, the task might be even more difficult... &mmm

Seems like you only have the landmark's building exemplar, but not the landmark's lotconfig exemplar...
or then the lot isn't properly modded, and thus won't appear in the menu (or the cheat window).
And that would also explain why you couldn't find it in your landmarks menu...

The only remaining thing to do in that case would be to:
  1. Set up a new region, using the same plugins folders you currently have.
  2. Remove half your plugins.
  3. Start the game and see if that building still appears in the BuildingPlop cheat.
  4. If it still appears, exit the game and go back to step 2.
  5. If it's gone, exit the game, move back half of the plugins you removed last time and go back to step 3.
  6. Continue till you have located the file that contains the landmark growing on empty lots.

This is a rather long and tedious process.
If you manage to locate that file, I would love to take a look at it though! :thumbsup:

marros

Well, I did as I entered, the only file and I found that I was given that this problem: LM6x6 #################_ 6d84d5e3.SC4Lot, there you what shipment to that the look, you will tell whether this and fix the problem, although I have a doubt, that the information I gave the game I get a building, different, to me that now appears on the lot publisher, in the archives I appreciate that before now I get an empty building that is not the image you sent to the forum.
I appreciate all the valuable collaboration that has given me hope that this is the solution.

marros

I believe that forgiveness excited to find this file, but no proof had done with other files in the folder plugins, because when you return to put all plugins, I found that even surprise me still leaving the blank cs $ $ $, blank Co$ $ $, to look at the buildings that are up to select the former, I leave empty lots to install them in the game.
my question until I find files that disappear blank cs $ $ $  and blank co$$$
I leave two images maybe I understand better what we ask

RippleJet

Quote from: marros on May 22, 2008, 08:09:34 PM
Well, I did as I entered, the only file and I found that I was given that this problem: LM6x6 #################_ 6d84d5e3.SC4Lot

marros, that's a very good find. :thumbsup:
A had that file myself, but have obviously not added it to the lists yet (it is added now though).
The file LM6x6#################_6d84d5e3.SC4Lot is made by Somy and included in buil01.zip

In the menu and when queried it looks like this:

This building was also uploaded on the STEX as the Vetical Mall by baro (btower_4dc89a11.SC4Lot).
That one is also named Blank_CS$$$, but costs 200,000 and provides 5,789 CS§§§ jobs.

However, neither of them is the same building that you showed in your first picture.
It does have a name (Blank_CS$$$) and it uses the ingame standard query...

marros

I am delighted he has served the research also found other files that I gave you the shipping empty lots so that analices.los files are as follows:
LM6x6_Office5000_4de9970e.SC4Lot
CO one_ex_ad6e2b82.SC4Lot $ $ $
CO 8_4x3One_Ex_Plaza_ad6e2eef.SC4Lot $ $ $

Thank you in advance for the excellent cooperation that has given me.

RippleJet

Somy's Office 5000 has been added to the list! :thumbsup:
O'Neil's One Exchange Plaza was already on the list.

Quote from: RippleJet on April 02, 2007, 01:41:11 PM
CO$$$ (A-L)

Building Exemplar Name   
Jobs
Blank_CO$$$
   CO$$$one_ex_ad6e2b82.SC4Lot   (One Exchange Plaza)oneil_1
Blank_CO$$$
   LM6x6_Office5000_4de9970e.SC4LotSomy

CO$$$8_4x3One_Ex_Plaza_ad6e2eef.SC4Lot is One Exchange Plaza's growable lot, which is ok.
It needs to have the building exemplar though, One Exchange Plaza-0x6534284a-0xcd4d6e21-0x0d6e2cbb.SC4Desc

builder

I downloaded the cleanitol file, and opened it. It appears that all the buildings are ploppable, and I deleted all the ploppable files, because I don't want them. I did however download a file from Simtropolis long ago, and it enabled me to plop every building that Maxis made for SC4. When I didn't want the file anymore, I deleted it, but when I started the game, many buildings were blank lots. Maybe that's the problem.

RippleJet

Quote from: builder on May 24, 2008, 05:49:50 AM
I downloaded the cleanitol file, and opened it. It appears that all the buildings are ploppable

Indeed they are... they are functional landmarks (landmarks are ploppable) that grow on empty lots... ::)

Quote from: RippleJet on April 02, 2007, 01:40:29 PM
Anyone who has downloaded landmarks with jobs (also called functional landmarks, ploppable RCI's or ploppables with jobs) from STEX or any Japanese site has probably occasionally noted that they might be growing on empty (usually smaller) lots.

Quote from: builder on May 24, 2008, 05:49:50 AM
I did however download a file from Simtropolis long ago, and it enabled me to plop every building that Maxis made for SC4.

Would you have some more information about this?
Filename and maybe a link (whenever ST is available again).

marros

hello, once again I address all of you, hoping that with details that I present, I can provide a guide if it exists to achieve release of this building, to me is doing much wrong in the previous post, will find some files that also came out in empty lots, but this did not identify had succeeded, but now and after hard work achieves identify the file that gives me that building empty lot that goes into making the procedure explained to me, buildingplop in I get the first screen 0x4f24b666 file, and the second screen I get the following files,
0x60002a70
0x60003320
0x60002a90
0x60003340
0x60002a80
0x60003330
The problem is that none achievement place in the folder plugins, not whether it can happen that are compacted, and therefore can not place them, forgive me if I am a little intense, or can not understand the explanations that I have given in previous messages, because I do not speak English, the translator and I throw a little understandable translation.
I leave these images to see what it is worth.