• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heblem

Cedric, great job in doing these lots, even the avenue intersection and cars turning (seems that people are a bit desperate to get in and turn   ;D) there are some cars props I did (90° 45°) at the LBT Prop Pack 3 that you might be interested in using.

Oh btw if you need any help for doing textures (intersections anything) you can contact to me for doing these textures for you, I can look at Google Earth or Virtual Earth at Paris streets for a bit inspiration for such intersections, sidewalks, and street lines. I have some textures but are more latinamerican like also I have some others but are very American...

Take care!

iamgoingtoeatyou

I see you got the crazy French drivers in there ;)

Orange_o_

Boss Badsim

It is an honor for me to see that you use my props cars for the Champs Elysées.

It's beautiful, I like your job, but it's pity for the big roundabout.... perhaps it is possible to make the texture....perhaps

Ps: Ta commande est bien avancée il ne manque plus que la remorque du semi  ;) je vias la faire avant d'attaquer le Belem  :-[

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Pat

Cedric simply amazing stuff wow!!! I just dont know what to say here anymore about your details and how you do things!!! its so breath taking great sir and an honor to watch you work!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

gobo77

Sorry for my bad english....

CabraBuitre

I've always been a fan of wide avenues in cities like Paris and, in a more modern sense, Chicago.  Truly, many of Chicago's avenues were modeled after the Paris design and were incorporated in Daniel Burnham's 1909 Plan of Chicago.  Several things from that plan were actually put in practice... and one was the avenues!

Can't wait to see how this progresses!

Check out Abelfarei!

SpilltMilk

Could I ask, where did you get those overlay textures with the avenue-transit enabled lot from? I'm a big fan.  &apls
Lacoste Levi*s Converse Nautica
<A HREF=http://www.userbars.com>

Graffitti Family Guy South Park Polo
These are a few of my favorite things!

Badsim

Such great reactions , guys , interesting & funny ...  ;)

I use to work from real pictures , a lot more pictures than the few ones I usually post there .
For example , I've decided to LotEdit Champs Elysées with many french flags , not to show my patriotism  $%Grinno$% , but because this is the real look of the avenue around the 14 of July or at very special occasions and I think it's its best look :

And , as Arthur has noticed ,  the flame of the Unknown Soldier Memorial under the Arc de Triomphe is burning ... since 1923 . This Lot is far to be finished .

Quote from: Heblem on December 10, 2008, 12:29:29 PM
Cedric, great job in doing these lots, even the avenue intersection and cars turning (seems that people are a bit desperate to get in and turn   ;D) ...

Quote from: iamgoingtoeatyou on December 10, 2008, 12:38:36 PM
I see you got the crazy French drivers in there ;)

;D

This is the inspiring picture from exactely the same place :

You can see my messy traffic is nothing compared with ... You have to be born here to do not feel suicidal or with the urgent need to kill someone !  :D
Well , at least have I to admit they all try to drive there in the same roundabout direction ... ::)

Quote from: N1_2888 on December 10, 2008, 04:28:40 AM
Hmm, it's possible to create something similar like iamgoingtoeatyou has shown in one of his mosaics. ;)

Iamgoingtoeatyou's picture :

Indeed , I can't deny that it's a brilliant work considering the material available .  &apls &apls &apls

The real place now :

That's what I said impossible to reproduce , from the point I decided to create an accurate but false 10 lanes avenue ...
I can't apply Iamgoingtoeatyou's technical there . Firstly I don't see how I could connect a false 10 lanes avenue to a functionating roundabout from the NAM and secondly , even if it was possible with tricks like resized Lot with proper overlays , it would be highly unrealistic - unconvincing to be more precise - to see a 10 lanes avenue arriving on a 2 lanes roundabout ... that would ruin the scene .
Creations of base textures - or , why not , an overhanging and circular prop for the regular avenue roundabout of the NAM - would be possible ... but  untill there's a roundabout with more lanes - and only a Modder of the NAN team can say if it's possible or not to path ... - that would not solve the problem of plausibility ... I'm afraid I'm going to stick with the idea of a regular plaza .

.. there are some cars props I did (90° 45°) at the LBT Prop Pack 3 that you might be interested in using.

Thanks for that information ... I'll need a lot of various cars to avoid repetitions . :thumbsup:

Oh btw if you need any help for doing textures (intersections anything) you can contact to me for doing these textures for you, I can look at Google Earth or Virtual Earth at Paris streets for a bit inspiration for such intersections, sidewalks, and street lines.

Thanks for that offering ... having created a few Base Textures for my own use , I know that's a long work . At least for me , being not experienced with drawing softwares . What's really missing there are turning lanes - ground signage - for a T avenue intersection ... but I can live without .;)

Quote from: Orange_o_ on December 10, 2008, 01:09:41 PM

Ps: Ta commande est bien avancée il ne manque plus que la remorque du semi  ;) je vais la faire avant d'attaquer le Belem  :-[

I'm going to reply you by PM .   :)

Quote from: CabraBuitre on December 11, 2008, 11:06:15 PM
I've always been a fan of wide avenues in cities like Paris and, in a more modern sense, Chicago.  Truly, many of Chicago's avenues were modeled after the Paris design and were incorporated in Daniel Burnham's 1909 Plan of Chicago.  Several things from that plan were actually put in practice... and one was the avenues!

Can't wait to see how this progresses!

Thanks for that interesting information , Cabra. The most striking with Paris, except the historical architecture , are many large perspectives from avenues . That's magical . I knew Washington is famous as well for its large perspectives , have a lot less knowledges about Chicago .  I'll have to "Google" that ... ;)

Quote from: SpilltMilk on December 12, 2008, 08:13:04 PM
Could I ask, where did you get those overlay textures with the avenue-transit enabled lot from? I'm a big fan.  &apls

Welcome to AntigOne , SpilltMilk .  ;)
Overlays here are combinations ( and additions ) of Xannepan's ones from his Gare du Nord ( I'm using the first version on the STEX but I don't think they're different with the second one on the LEX ... ) and overlays by Squidi from his Textures & overlays pack (STEX ,  but currently I can't access Simtropolis to give you the exact names .)

Champs Elysées are a little more advanced than the few pictures of that post , but I thought it would not be particularly interesting to see always the same thing or almost . My other worry now is to find its proper place in AntigOne .  One solution would require  destructions before ... and as the city is a precise jigsaw puzzle , then , I would have to rework a lot of others Lots .The other solution is to create an entire new district ... a lot of work too . That's an uneasy choice . ::)

Thanks for your attention .

Cedric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

CabraBuitre

Quote from: Badsim on December 14, 2008, 05:26:57 AM
Thanks for that interesting information , Cabra. The most striking with Paris, except the historical architecture , are many large perspectives from avenues . That's magical . I knew Washington is famous as well for its large perspectives , have a lot less knowledges about Chicago .  I'll have to "Google" that ... ;)

What is interesting with Chicago is that the "perspectives" are much different now... because most of the avenues are bordered by really tall buildings. 

Actually, Chicago and the "City Beautiful" movement was one that really began with the planning for the 1893 Columbian World Exposition in Chicago.  Daniel Burnham designed the Exposition grounds and then created the 1909 "Plan of Chicago."  He also was the designer of the Washington Mall, which was patterned off of a European design to give it plenty of class but also to give it legitimacy in the world.

I've got some pics of Chicago's "avenues" that show some of those perspectives... but I don't want to hijack your thread!  I'm actually thinking of starting a Chicago image thread here sometime soon anyway...

Check out Abelfarei!

XoX

&apls :thumbsup: I can't wait for futures updates!:)
C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

metarvo

This update is proof that even the very best of us must work with what we have.  Of course, this wonderful site is increasing "what we have" in unprecedented ways, but that's another story.  Anyway, that is one beautiful avenue you have there, Cedric.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

Really great work there on that area! It looks wonderful! :thumbsup:

SpilltMilk

Oh wow, I have both of those. Guess I need to look harder. :P And thank you for the welcome mate.
:satisfied:
Lacoste Levi*s Converse Nautica
<A HREF=http://www.userbars.com>

Graffitti Family Guy South Park Polo
These are a few of my favorite things!

Badsim

Hi ,

....and thank you .

Quote from: Badsim on December 14, 2008, 05:26:57 AM

... My other worry now is to find its proper place in AntigOne .  One solution would require  destructions before ... and as the city is a precise jigsaw puzzle , then , I would have to rework a lot of others Lots .The other solution is to create an entire new district ... a lot of work too . That's an uneasy choice . ::)

Well , that's decided , it will be a whole new district .

Following a famous song , " I love AntigOne is summer ...

... I love AntigOne in autumn ...

... I love AntigOne in winter ."

These 2 new residential blocks are 2 variations of BarbyW's "Quartier Touraine" , which is a growing mega-Lot .

Have to precise once more - because I guess some of you think that all what they see here is pure but only eye-candy - have to precise so , that all residential blocks in AntigOne are growing mega-Lots , most of the time different versions of BarbyW's Quartier Touraine , Quartier Alex , Les Pauvres and Place des Alpes . These growing mega-Lots were available at Simtropolis but aren't anymore and have never been uploaded on the LEX . That's a pity .
I know there're tutorials about how to make a growing mega-Lot ( in other words , bigger than 6x6 ...) but BarbyW's ones are perfectly Modded - and that saves a lot of time - and easy to transform ... Perfect for me .
As I regularly receive PMs about them ...  ::) ... well , If I were you , I would request to BarbyW to upload them again . ;)

See you after Christmas , which I hope great for you & your families , with some diagonals - as you can see .  ;)

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

wouanagaine

Very nice, Cedric
I don't see on LE pic how you put the underground parking, it is also a custom lot or just a good placement of existing ones ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Orange_o_

It's a real pleasure for me to follow the new district creation, It's very impressive. Paris by night is here  :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

rooker1

Fantastic pictures again Cedric, both real life, in game and LE.  I enjoy them all very much.  I have learned so much from this MD, I just want to thank you again.

wouanagaine....the underground parking is part of Cedric's sidewalk LOTs.  ;)

Just incase you are not around, I want to wish you a Great Holiday and a happy New Year.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

iamgoingtoeatyou

Wow, I can only imagine how beautiful it'll look when it's completed. Thanks for the shout out by the way ;D

bat

:thumbsup: It's a beautiful new district there! Excellent work on it! And your pictures are superb! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Gorgeous photos you have to work from, Cedric, and you're using them to the best possible advantage. The BATs you have chosen to place in this "whole new district," combined with your exceptional LE talents, make this a project of great importance to the community. And it could only happen in AntigOne! :)

Later...
Joan