• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV-II Challenge No 7

Started by mrbisonm, July 15, 2009, 06:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

.....below...........

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Challenge 7

*Economy and Business*

"Mayors," the Governor announces in his special meeting about our region's economy," times are a little rough right now and we need to get the economy rolling again. The Government will subsidy businesses of all kinds, whether industrials or commercials. Create jobs and increase the manufacturing, so we can export (by road, water or air) soon as much as possible and get our regional economy on top."

In this challenge we want you to increase the industries and commercials and we will not judge the game efficiency, but simply the good looks of your  images.
That's right, if it looks good, it gets good points.

This is one of the easier challenges before the storm.....while most of us are enjoying the summer and some of us will be on vacation, we thought we might put the 7th challenge on an easier table and to gather enough strength to get fully back into the last three very challenging  challenges.

There will some 6 pictures to be taken of industrials and commercials and we want them to be good looking. We will not judge the paintshopping you can do on the pictures (maybe a Bonus point), but only the images themselves.

Also you will build two different Resources that you have in your region, anything like electricity, mining, logging, fishing etc.(No Farming)  Everything that is from natural resources will be allowed. There are so many choices..... We want four pictures of this, two of each.

Plus two pictures of your Farming community. But hey, no hobbyfarmers though, we want real, moneymaking industrial-like Farming. Farms that earn enough to feed a big family and make profit on top. Yap...Big farms! Any farm is allowed, it can be grain, wine, meat, dairy, tree or fruit, vegetable or anything else that we could stick a name like a farm on it.

And at last one more demand. A park inside a closed municipality, something like a Central Park, for your city or townsims to relax off their stress and enjoy some natural looking surroundings. It doesn't have to be gigantic, just make it big enough for your city (balance the parksize with citysize) and make it practical, maintained and beautiful.

To show this time in your 7th Update:  

1.  3 Pictures in view 2,4 and 5 of your best industry settings.(industrial Park, no matter what category)

2.  3 Pictures in view 2,4 and 5 of your best commercial settings. (downtown, whether service or office)

3.  2 Pictures each of 2 different Ressources being harvested in any view, preferable one in an overview and the other in a more detailed view.

4.  2 Pictures of big farming communities in any view between 1 and 3.

5.  Finally 1 Picture in view 2,3 or 4 of your "simmish central Park"

These images can be taken on either side of your region.

The time for this challenge will be several weeks, because some of us will be on vacation and away from their computers (camping, summercamps etc), therefor we decided to make the deadline for Challenge 7 on August 15, 2009, midnight, NY time as always. Ontime Players will get one Bonus point. By that time we will have all the points calculated and uploaded for the last challenges.

Next Monday please start judging the others in their Vacation challenge Nr 6. We will be explaining it in details on Sunday how to go about it.

Enjoy the summer and hopefully with beautiful weather, which we in Quebec unfortunalty don't have at the moment, and be back in shape with a finished challenge 7 (or those who will have the time to finish all the challenges they missed lately) and we will then start the last three challenges with a normal timing, which will really need all your simcity know-how and logical senses.

Good luck

Fred and Lynn

soulchaser

Now, this is something else  ::) Have to find a natural ressource I haven't worked on yet ;). My HE-Dam already got it's points.

As I haven't been on vacation for 7 years now, I don't think I will have any time management problems this time  &mmm

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Pat

time to fire up the printer and get to work!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

Quote1.  3 Pictures in view 2,4 and 5 of your best industry settings.(industrial Park, no matter what category)

2.  3 Pictures in view 2,4 and 5 of your best commercial settings. (downtown, whether service or office)

Do you want the views 2,4 and 5 of the same industry and commercial settings or can they be different areas?
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

TheTeaCat

QuoteCreate jobs and increase the manufacturing, so we can export (by road, water or air) soon as much as possible and get our regional economy on top

Does this mean we have to build a seaport and airport?

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

CabraBuitre

Are these new resources (i.e. ones that haven't been "discovered") or can we showcase ones that HAVE already been discovered?

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Quote from: BarbyW on July 16, 2009, 11:31:05 AM
Do you want the views 2,4 and 5 of the same industry and commercial settings or can they be different areas?

They can be from different areas or citytiles.

Quote from: TheTeaCat on July 16, 2009, 11:39:33 AM
Does this mean we have to build a seaport and airport?

No, I didn't say that you can build them, I said:
"so we can export (by road, water or air) soon as much as possible "
Maybe in the next challenge..........  ???

Quote from: CabraBuitre on July 16, 2009, 06:02:03 PM
Are these new resources (i.e. ones that haven't been "discovered") or can we showcase ones that HAVE already been discovered?
If the ressource has been judged in another challenge before, you cannot use it again, but if you haven't used it in your region, then it will be just fine.

Have a nice weekend
Fred

CabraBuitre

Quote from: mrbisonm on July 16, 2009, 08:36:18 PM
If the ressource has been judged in another challenge before, you cannot use it again, but if you haven't used it in your region, then it will be just fine.

And by "judged" you mean shown in pictures?  Because I showed some coal mines... that were mandated by the rebels.  Would it be kosher to show a new mine that has been discovered in a different part of the region?

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Quote from: CabraBuitre on July 17, 2009, 05:27:49 PM
And by "judged" you mean shown in pictures?  Because I showed some coal mines... that were mandated by the rebels.  Would it be kosher to show a new mine that has been discovered in a different part of the region?

By judged it means that we have asked for it in a challenge and you have chosen the coalmine to fulfill the demand in that challenge.
In your case in challenge 5, you showed us a coalmine, but we didn't ask for it, so it wasn't judged. Yes, you may choose it as for the resource demand, but please make different pictures as the ones you have already shown.

Fred

CabraBuitre

Thanks for the clarifications!

Check out Abelfarei!

jmyers2043

QuoteThe time for this challenge will be several weeks, because some of us will be on vacation and away from their computers (camping, summercamps etc), therefor we decided to make the deadline for Challenge 7 on August 15

Hello Fred

Thank you for the long deadline. I'll not be going to summer camp but I will begin traveling from August 4 through August 16. I may or may not have my latptop with me  :-\  . I enjoyed challenge 7 and with fear and trembling am looking forward to challenge 8.

All the best -
Jim Myers

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

jmyers2043, I just had a look at your challenge 7 last night, good stuff! ;)
Wishing you lotsa pleasure for your travel, I will be gone too for a couple of weeks, with Lynn of course, therefore challenge 8 will be announced a little later. Have fun.

I myself haven't even brought up my region to 125K yet....Geeeez, never thought that it would have been that difficult. Last I played for 6 hours in the region and got my region from 58K to 86K.......and I thought I could have reached 200K in that time.... ()sad()

Well, I know now that it was VERY hard for us and some good Bonus points will be given to those who made it in time.

BTW , Challenge 7's deadline will be hopefully respected though, leaving everyone lots of time.

Good luck and have a nice summer

Fred and Lynn (she will be back online very soon, being busy with her mother and our *immense* garden.)

jmyers2043

QuoteGeeeez, never thought that it would have been that difficult

I could loan you the mysterious City Zoning Amulet for a while.    $%Grinno$%   :D 
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Quote from: jmyers2043 on July 30, 2009, 07:08:53 PM
I could loan you the mysterious City Zoning Amulet for a while.    $%Grinno$%   :D 

lol....no I will be fine. I just got it up to 92K.....getting there.....lol  ;)

Thanks

Fred

threestooges

Nuts, I just noticed wine was on the farm list... oh well, I still have a nice "Wine Country" Quick question though, would cattle and the subsequent transport/meatpacking be farming or not? If not, I may have to change plans here a bit.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Quote from: threestooges on August 13, 2009, 01:28:05 AM
Nuts, I just noticed wine was on the farm list... oh well, I still have a nice "Wine Country" Quick question though, would cattle and the subsequent transport/meatpacking be farming or not? If not, I may have to change plans here a bit.
-Matt

Cattle and whatever goes along closely with the cattle industry will be accepted as farming.

We have to make an important announcement:

The tIMELIMIT (Challenge 7 on August 15, 2009, midnight, NY time ) of this challenge (7) will be delayed for another two weeks. The new date will be the 30th of August 2009 EST. . <
The reason is simple. We will not be home before. We have decided, since we missed a good part of this earlier summer of bad, cold and rainy weather, to lengthen our vacation for another two weeks. I have my laptop with me, but unfortunetly do not have the game on it, nor anything that goes along with it. We will be on the road/air for the next two weeks again. By September 1st, everything should be back to normal, ioncluding the pointage of the last 3 challenges, which you are waiting for so eagerly.
Sorry for the delay, but too many things irl have been come in between this summer.

See you all then in top shape I hope.
BTW, Lynn says hello and she also will be present in two weeks.

Fred and Lynn ;)

threestooges

Rest well then Fred and Lynn. We'll be looking forward to what you all have in store. Also, not to rush you or anything, but what do we have for scoring guidelines for the past few challenges?
-Matt

soulchaser

Have a nice holiday. I have something to do, untill sept. 1st, as I set up a new and firt MD ;) So I'll keep waiting and playing GRVII as well ;)

Are we allowed to build some more in Bordertown?

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!