• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV-II Challenge No 5

Started by mrbisonm, May 18, 2009, 11:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtle

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 19, 2009, 09:55:45 AM
Hm....good question. Sorry for not having it mention more precisely, but it will be on the Mayor's side and not the rebel's side,
since first:
You do not control the separatist's side anymore, nor does the Governor and it was he who gave the order to you,
and second:
the separatist's already have their checkpoint. We need our own checkpoints to make sure that harmful material enters our mayor side of the region........you never know what separatists are up to.......

Fred

Ok, maybe I have misunderstood something, because my separatist don't have a checkpoint. They have made a barrier on their side, and on the only connection still working I have a checkpoint on my side. I didn't catch that I could re-establish and build checkpoints on the separatist side.
My name is Thomas...

mrbisonm

Quote from: Pat on May 19, 2009, 10:36:44 AM
Fred would I have the chance to finish up the tile that I was ordered to work in last challenge or has that been gone and done with now?

Pat, I don't quite understand your question. Didn't you finish Challenge 4 yet?

Quote from: turtle on May 19, 2009, 12:39:56 PM
Ok, maybe I have misunderstood something, because my separatist don't have a checkpoint. They have made a barrier on their side, and on the only connection still working I have a checkpoint on my side. I didn't catch that I could re-establish and build checkpoints on the separatist side.

If you don't have any checkpoints in the separatist's regionhalf, too bad and too late for them, but you surely have at least one, the one of the mainroad entrance, right?. You will have to build the ones in your half now, the Mayor's half, the one that is under YOUR control. Too late for the rebels, unless someone will order you to do so........... ::)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

turtle

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 19, 2009, 07:30:03 PM
If you don't have any checkpoints in the separatist's regionhalf, too bad and too late for them, but you surely have at least one, the one of the mainroad entrance, right?. You will have to build the ones in your half now, the Mayor's half, the one that is under YOUR control. Too late for the rebels, unless someone will order you to do so........... ::)

Fred

Well, no, I put the control point from challenge 4 on my side. I didn't touch the barriers in the first place because I don't control that half. I'm sorry, but I can't find anywhere in challenge 4 where you say we have to re-establish the connections and build checkpoints. I must have missed it somewhere further down in the discussion.
The only things I did in the other half was creating the barriers, and then fulfill the separatist demands. I didn't touch anything else, as I thought that was what you wanted.
Thomas
My name is Thomas...

tooheys

turtle, I think Fred is referring to challenge 3 when we divided the region. On the one road link between north and south that was left open, there should have been checkpoints established on both sides of the border.

Dave

turtle

Quote from: turtle on May 20, 2009, 12:59:35 AM
Well, no, I put the control point from challenge 4 on my side.

Quote from: tooheys on May 20, 2009, 01:06:52 AM
turtle, I think Fred is referring to challenge 3 when we divided the region. On the one road link between north and south that was left open, there should have been checkpoints established on both sides of the border.

Dave

ah, yes. I meant challenge 3. But no, I have somehow missed that.
My name is Thomas...

Splime

mrb, have you heard from mightygoose yet? Because it seems like I'll have to move on to newsimaddict.

mrbisonm

Well, turtle, it wasn't really mentioned in the challenge but somewhere in the discussion, but nevertheless, it doesn't really matter and doesn't change anything in the point judging neither. So, if you already have controlpoints on "your side" (mayor's side) just take a picture and reconnect the roads and rails on the separatist's side also. Don't make any checkpoints though, that will be up to your adversary if or if not.

Quote from: Splime on May 20, 2009, 04:57:14 AM
mrb, have you heard from mightygoose yet? Because it seems like I'll have to move on to newsimaddict.

Just give it another day or so, I have pm'ed him, but not received any news from him. Anyways, I will let you know right here what's going on within the next 24 hrs.

Fred

Pat

Hey Fred I didn't fully finish the building that was ordered by Rayden...  I am missing Industry, Commercial stretch by the river and also more residential...  I also do have a further question are we to order the building of Military bases as I did to Barby or are supposed to be building only?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Quote from: Pat on May 20, 2009, 06:51:07 PM
Hey Fred I didn't fully finish the building that was ordered by Rayden...  I am missing Industry, Commercial stretch by the river and also more residential...  I also do have a further question are we to order the building of Military bases as I did to Barby or are supposed to be building only?

Too late now for the rest of fulfilling Rayden's order. I am sorry, but somewhere we have to draw a line. Concentrate now on challenge 5, you have almost 5 weeks, hope you can make it. Good luck.

For the military bases, only Mayors can build them in their territory, and not ordering them to anyone else. This is a strict and confidential order from the governor to the mayors only. Hope that explains it.

I will be leaving to Alaska tomorrow for 2 days, Lynn will take over again. Thanks.

Fred

Pat

ahhh OK thank you for clearing that up there Fred and sorry for the missunderstanding on my part!!! Have fun in Alaska!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Just one more little question, Fred! Are we allowed to remove or change anything on our own mayor-controlled side that we have built? (I know we cannot change the Federal Highways or railroads, we cannot change anything on the separatist side, and terraforming is not allowed.) What I have in mind, in light of the Challenge 5 requirements, is a near-complete re-design of Tile F which I featured in Challenge 4.

Thank you for your patience... :)
Joan

mrbisonm

Quote from: Jmouse on May 20, 2009, 09:39:37 PM
Just one more little question, Fred! Are we allowed to remove or change anything on our own mayor-controlled side that we have built? (I know we cannot change the Federal Highways or railroads, we cannot change anything on the separatist side, and terraforming is not allowed.) What I have in mind, in light of the Challenge 5 requirements, is a near-complete re-design of Tile F which I featured in Challenge 4.

Thank you for your patience... :)
Joan

No problem Joan, you can change whenever and whatever you like on your side (Mayor's side) of the region as long as you respect the rules which you mentioned in parts. You may redesign the whole tile if you want you, but do not touch any federal routes and the mainrailways. Have fun.

Fred

lynncanox

Attention Please

I want You to know that the limit time to place the ordres is friday. I hope that this time every body will understand not to let have wait the partner. The last time we had a lot of problems with some of You to get ordres done. Please be on time.

Thank You - Merci
And good luck with this challenge.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

jmyers2043

Quote from: lynncanox on May 21, 2009, 05:27:53 PM
Attention Please

I want You to know that the limit time to place the ordres is friday. I hope that this time every body will understand not to let have wait the partner. The last time we had a lot of problems with some of You to get ordres done. Please be on time.

Thank You - Merci
And good luck with this challenge.

Lynn

Hello Lynn - I am to give orders to Pat. He has not posted the regional picture that I requested yet. I sent Pat a PM and we've agreed to the challenge that I'll give to him. Basically, we've talked 'unofficially' what his orders will be so he does have knowledge. All I need is for him to post his picture so that i can give the orders 'officially' in his thread.

I hope this is not a problem.

Thanks - Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

MandelSoft

I'm still waiting for Cameron 1991's commands...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

turtle

I am also waiting for the Hutts commands. He did say in his challenge 4 thread that we wouldn't be home this week though.
My name is Thomas...

CabraBuitre

I'm waiting for commands from mattb325 myself.

Check out Abelfarei!

Jmouse

And I await orders from antn.

EDIT: Received orders just now,
so all is well!

Pat

my pics are in now and as Jim did say we talked unofficially what it is I am to do...  It was honestly my fault as I have been struggling to set up my new computer, which btw its mostly ready to go!!! It plays SC4 and all my plugins including GRV items!! But sadden it doesnt work for my podcast yet siiiiiiiigh

mrbisonm

Ok guys,
I will wait for tomorrow befor I will send notice to matt 325, Cameron 1991 and some other.
Fred will come home tomorrow night, but I think he will be too tired to come here. We have to wait for sunday for him to tell what to do. I only hope that they will post befor.

Lynn