• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV II-Challenge No 4

Started by mrbisonm, May 01, 2009, 01:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

....coming tonight a little after midnight..... $%#Ninj2

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

BarbyW

Your time or mine ;D If it is your time I'll see it in the morning. Can't wait to see what horrors you have inflicted on us this time.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

TheTeaCat

Quote from: BarbyW on May 01, 2009, 01:49:30 PM
Your time or mine ;D If it is your time I'll see it in the morning. Can't wait to see what horrors you have inflicted on us this time.

Hope its our time, been supping way too much tea while waiting ::) :D :D
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mrbisonm

Sorry for being late one hour.
Well folks, it was New York time, too early for you I guess.

Fred

Challenge 4 , the confrontation

Let's talk about serious buissness now!

.......Sitting on his chair at his desk and having folded his hands over his forehead, Governor Freddy Bison is wondering what happened in Grand River and why. To him, all the mayors did a good job within their territories and have given their best to please the Governor, but then........an idea struck his mind.....*Maybe they did too much to please me only and not enough to please themselves or for the sims living in the region, * he thought.
It was time to have another meeting and get things cleared up before something else happens. The secretary was informed and told to send a quick note to meet to all the mayors, including the rebels.........continued in Challenge 5.

This time the challenge will be "a little" different. You will decide of someone's fate and yours will be decided by someone else. The rebels have separated the Grand Valley into two halves, one that you still control and the other one which is controlled by the rebels. Let's see who can make it better. The re-union of the the two regionhalves will depend partially on the Mayors and the Governor, if ever that will happen. Let's see if you are a good negociator and can easily handle a delicate situation with positive action. All depends on how you will order around your adversary and play his/her separatist and how you handle the separatist that will be ordering you around. We hope that you have large shoulders, an open mind and some logic.

In this challenge you will decide which tile of an adversary should be populated/build on and/or modified and how. You will have a good look of what the adversary has sofar played in his lost part of the region (to see in his/her threads) and then you decide which part of the separatist's tile in his/her region should be worked on and how. Your orders will be given to him/her and he/she will fulfill your deamnds. The same will be done to you by someone else.

Now, here is how this will function.
Below is the player's list, totally randomly placed by my youngest son, who has no knowledge of who is who. You, playing as a Separatist have been chosen the Player's name below your name to be your adversay, meaning that you will be entirely responsable for the separatist's side of his/her region. He/she will exactly do what you will order him/her to do.

Now, the Player's name above your name will do the same with you and your side that you have lost to the separatists.....and so on. The last name of the list will simply go back to the top of the list to finish the circle.

Here is the general order from your rebellion Commander:

Within 5 days (120 hrs starting at this hour on, where I post this challenge) (only and no telling me for more time or a longer timespan, it will be NO) You will go through your adversary's pictures and stories and chose one Tile on the separatist's side that you want to have changed or newly populated. Tell them clearly what you want. You can ask them to build anything ,except for the things described in the Rules, meaning no armybase, harbour, airport, highwy etc etc. Stick to those rules. You can create a picture, a simple plan or take one of their picture and mark on it what to modify/add or demolish, or of what you have in mind like building or changing the roads, rails, even bridges or tunnels, zoning green blue and or yellow, even farms, plop a mayor house, firestation, trainstation, police or anything that is *legal* and according to the rules and then post it in his/her Challenge 4 thread. You decide one tile for now and he/she will fulfill this order to his/her best in doing exactly what the rebel wants to. Think as a rebel when giving the orders and building it by the orders from your adversary.  You will have 3 to 5 pictures to show us the results of the demands.

You will order someone to build things exaclty in the way you want it to be in that specific tile you chose on the adversary's separatist side and you will get the same orders from another Player.
Please don't exagerate when playing the Separatist and be fairly neutral and decent and consider the timespan we have to follow these orders afterwards. Make it interesting and simple as you would like it to receive, but as a Separatist make them understand that you're there to stay. For the contrary, the orders you will receive from your Separatist should be done as close as possible to his/her demand. You will be able to negociate in your threads about his/her demands, but he/she is not obliged to negociate with you though. You as the Mayor of the whole region have to remember that you want your region to be re-united and therefor will handle the situation with style, respect and understanding to the separatists.
We all hope that this will be done peacefully and no war between the two nations will spark up.

The deadline for fulfilling these orders will be 12 days, which should be more than enough. This time we will not wait for half of the players to ask for an extension at the last minute. You know what to do today, so do it now or soon enough and not one hour before or after the deadline again. These twelve days will start right after the 120 hours when the rebel has sent his /her orders.

Your orders to your adversary will be posted inside every adversary's Challenge 4 thread, so, create one right away for your separatist to post his/her orders and plans in. The longer you wait to create a Challenge 4 thread, the longer it might take for you to receive his/her orders. It will be your fault only if you don't have a challenge 4 thread quick enough.

If by any chance you as a separatist did not post your orders to the adversary within this 120 hrs limit (again, please don't be stupid and wait until the last minute), you will loose your privilege to impose your challenges to your adversary and I personnally will take over as the Separatist (...leaving a post mentioning that I took over), and I will post within 24 hrs him/her my version of orders. Too bad for you. You get one chance only, so do it right and do it now. We have calculated a decent timedelay for everyone and we cannot afford any additional timedelay in this challenge for anyone. Respect it please and don't let him/her down.

««The reason for the timedelay is simple: I will be gone to inspect the foundations of an important job in Germany near Aachen (Aix-la-chapelle) one day after the deadline of these 120 hrs and I will have no time to take care of you afterwards for a few days. Then three days later I have to check the quality of the logs for a homejob  near Warshaw/ Poland, which again will delay everything and then only to come back to Northamerica to go to Alaska for another big Loghome job to start off right. I will keep an eye on you guys and gals the same and post when I can while I'm on the go (I am curious too to see, but I will not be able to control the situations. So make sure that you take the time this time to do Your job before the respectful deadlines. Lynn will be there also to help me out. Thanks. I will post my demands to my adversary before midnight saturday/NY time.»»

Then you will choose a *Park* with/without any kind of a monument to remember the separatists/rebels and place it anywhere you want on your mayoring side of the region, and show us a picture.

Judgements and points will be given on what you order your oponent to do, where (in what Tile) and how you will fulfill your adversary's orders in your separatist's region half.
Be as logical as you can whether in giving or fulfilling the demands. Also other points will be given on how you handle the situation and negociations, then for what you have been doing in your region lately (2 Pictures needed) and what you used for the monument and location of it. There are also a possibility of max 3 Bonus points (each player) in this challenge. In all, you have the possibility to gain a max of 23 points, which is quite a lot, if you're behind on the pointagesheet.

If you have time you may continue to play and let your half grow. Nothing else than the demands in the separatist's half can be altered though. Remember that it does NOT belong to you anymore. After you have finished this challenge, start thinking about what you could do in the next challenge where you have the right to alter certain things on two more tiles in your oponent's regionhalf.

To show this time in your 4th update:

1.   A copy of the orders that you have posted in your oponent's Challenge 4 thread, in your own Challenge 4 post.

23 to 5 pictures in any view of the realisation of the demands/orders that you received from your adversary in your separatistS tile.

3.   2 pictures of what you have been doing/changing or adding lately in your part of the region.

4.  1 picture in view 4 of the monument that you plopped in memory of those who were separated and specifying in what tile. Maybe add a respectful word/speech or two as the Mayor to inaugerate the monument could earn you a bonus point or two.

The deadline (without any delay permitted this time only) for giving the orders to your adversary will be on May 5th/tuesday at midnight.

The dealine for the whole challenge 4 will be on Sunday, may 17th at midnight.

Kinda complicated but we hope you'll easily understand, if not, questions will be answered below. Again, any psychological help can be found in the GRV II General Discussion Board.

Enjoy yourselves giving orders and hopefully also to receive orders. Choose wisely what you do either as the Separatist or as the Mayor. The future of GRV is depending on your decisions, so is your and your rebel's region.

For the non-official players, they will exchange their demands with each other. Good luck to everyone and have fun.

This is Simcity seen and played in another way.........

Lynn and Fred

Remember you will be ordered to change the separatist's regionpart by the one Player above your name, and you will give orders to the Player below your name. The last one of the list goes back to the top to continue the circle. Good Luck.

io_bg
wouanagaine
XiahouDun
splime
BarbyW
dedgren
mrtnrln
mattb325
mrbisonm
jmouse
The_Hutt
Newsimaddict
Cameron 1991
JJ   (as an unofficial Player)
mightygoose
Soulchaser
Threestooges
jmyers2043
TheTeaCat
Rayden
Pat
Cabrabuitre
metarvo
antn
tooheys
Turtle
RustyXL

and for the non-officials: Please encourage them!

frostwolf
zz

EDIT: maybe still to come:Kitsune, Sheep49 and Quackmofro. jjune 4991 has left us officially.

Finally a note for you, the lurkers, hang arounds and visitors. Help, ideas and encouragements to our Players (official or not) will be surely appreciated, so let's hear from you all!

One last thing and very IMPORTANT to do NOW:
Create a challenge 4 thread!

Fred

soulchaser

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

tooheys

I like it.

But as Quackmofro hasn't posted Challenge 3, does that mean I can use my evil plans on Turtle  %BUd%

Jmouse

Quote from: tooheys on May 01, 2009, 11:08:18 PM
But as Quackmofro hasn't posted Challenge 3, does that mean I can use my evil plans on Turtle  %BUd%

I have the same question only different - Sheep49 did not post a Challenge 3 entry either. And I really want to order somebody around, especially considering the adversary I drew! :D (Gotta love it!)

Rayden

Let's see if I understood this correctly, I will receive orders from the name above mine, and give orders to name bellow mine?

>:D Beware Pat, you're under my command  >:D

And TTC, just remember who did give you nice hints and found why your farm only grew every hundred years and just on flat terrain. And I have the new one as well under my schedule... ::)

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Rayden on May 02, 2009, 05:00:34 AM
Let's see if I understood this correctly, I will receive orders from the name above mine, and give orders to name bellow mine?

>:D Beware Pat, you're under my command  >:D

And TTC, just remember who did give you nice hints and found why your farm only grew every hundred years and just on flat terrain. And I have the new one as well under my schedule... ::)

The Diplomacy starts already  ::) :D :D
Better put the kettle on, looks like we're going to need some of this
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

MandelSoft

Blimey , I'm getting commands from David 'the Almighty' Edgren, LOL! I'll try my best, Dave!

And mattb325, he's also no stranger to me. His seperatists part is now under my command  %plc/&

Now the fun begins... I wish all other players success with Challenge 4!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Rayden

Well, I guess Pat won't be receiving my orders, as he didn't completed challenge 3, or, will he only loose his points and keep playing? I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens, otherwise Cabra in on the line for duty $%Grinno$%

BarbyW

I am working on my dastardly plans for David's South. ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mrbisonm

Ok, since some of the players have not yet finished the Challenge 3, we will wait a little bit. Pat has promissed me to be ready before noon today, I haven't heard from Sheep49 and Quckmofro.
If, by this afternoon , they have not replied , I will simply take them of the list and it will be the following name that will replace them. Simple as this.

We cannot play this game otherwise and wait for those who leap behind all the time.
So don't worry, you will all get your rebellion-partner and someone to push you around.

Yes Rayden, you understood right!

Good day folks

Fred

mrbisonm

I would like to add something:

Since some of the regionmaps do not show the developpments of zones etc, I recommend that you will ask for them to post a new and clear one, so you, as the Rebelplayer,  can make yourself a better picture of Your newly acqainted regionhalf.

Thank you
Fred

MandelSoft

One question. David requested this:

Quote from: dedgrenYou shall accordingly begin pre-planning for transportation and utility corridors across Quads A, B and C, and across the Whitehall portion of Quads D, E and F, as the WSF may be directing you to construct such at any moment.

Does that mean that I can build a railway line or something through more than one tile in the Seperatists part?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

dedgren

Fred/Lynn- Maarten has asked the exact question I had in mind.  Since I've asked him to develop a quad (K, in this case) that has no neighbor connections, placing industry there will be an issue, as I am not allowing him to build worker housing on the quad and there is no way for industry to have capacity demand through export to adjacent quads or Simnation.  It seems that you have to allow the separatists to direct construction of road and rail infrastructure to connect up with the currently developed areas.  Could you please provide guidance on this.

Thanks.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mrbisonm

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 02, 2009, 09:00:15 AM
One question. David requested this:

Does that mean that I can build a railway line or something through more than one tile in the Seperatists part?

You see, "General David" of the Rebellions has the right to order you in the separatist's regionhalf what he wishes as long as he stays within the General Rules in Rule section of this board.
Now , building across several tiles though is not allowed in this challenge, that will come later. He may NOT ask you to build outside the limits of one tile at the moment, so might restrict him to one tile and simply connect the rails to the neighborhood.
I don't think that he meant building the rails, but he said to* begin pre-planning *.

The more times go by, the more powerful the Rebellions will become and therefore more possibilities to do in their new world, but for the moment being, they are limited to one (1) tile only. Go back and negociate in your challenge 4 thread. The Governor is watching! ;)

dedgren, the same goes for your case. The rebel may ask you to build roads and rails in one tile and wherever he wants to. The hick is , if the Separatist exagerates some things or orders you with faulty or non-logical demands with no logical sense etc...than we (the judges) will simply give him less points.

To everyone that has separatist's blood in his arteries:

It is important to know, as I mentioned above in the challenge post, that the Separatist must be a little respectful, understanding , negociable and also logical as he/she will order you around. He/she should build the region not to harm the rightful owner (he doesn't own it anymore anyways), but treat it as his/her own region, because he/she will be judged in the Separatist's region half that he/she is governing.
The idea is that we will not only judge a player with his/her own regionhalf, but also with his/her separatist's regionhalf in his/her oponent's region. So....as a Separatist Player, make sure you do a good job to please your folks to earn good points. We will be severe with the judging. Oh....btw....give the orders and have it build as it were your own. ;)
Good Luck

Fred and Lynn

zzsteven

Mr B

Does this also apply to power lines/ water pipes? We have one tile and only one tile to work in?

zz

mrbisonm

Everything or anything  (except those things in the rules)  can be build in ONE (1) tile only on the separatist's side. That includes water, powerlines, roads, rails etc. You will be able to do more in the next challenge.

On the other hand, in your Mayoring regionhalf you can build anything (except those prohibited by the rule) in any tile, always respecting the river borderline.

Fred

zzsteven