• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durfsurn

That viaduct work is amazing Alex!

I have a little progress to show as well:

https://www.youtube.com/v/GJlKKSFdkHY

$%Grinno$%

- Billy

Tarkus

Nice work, Billy--something that I don't think original SAM devs jplumbley or Diggis would have imagined in their wildest dreams!

A little further viaduct work here.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Those diagonals don't sound like much, but they're a real game changer. If we had diagonal height transitions, I could do diagonal interchanges fairly easily. No more relying on awkward orthogonal interchanges.

I'm guessing this stability is the focus for NAM 38?

And the SAM stuff will come in handy too. I guess it doing really well in the polls did have an influence...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on August 03, 2020, 08:02:01 PM
If we had diagonal height transitions

We will. :thumbsup:

Lots of stability and gap-filling.  You'll be seeing a lot of that with future NAM releases, particularly on my end.

And the SAM stuff will come in handy too. I guess it doing really well in the polls did have an influence...

We've also (re-)gained a dev team member who is quite interested in SAM content.  That's very good news for all the SAM enthusiasts out there.

And in case anyone thought we were kidding around about the whole "shorter release cycle" thing . . . this just went to the NAM Associates for internal testing.

-Alex

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

LucarioBoricua

I smell a NAM release as either a Thanksgiving or Christmas present! Being able to present the first alpha build of the next version a meager month after the previous release is an amazing achievement! It would seem that the NAM development cycle will rapidly catch up in its usual schedule.

gn_leugim

Quote from: Durfsurn on August 02, 2020, 02:30:33 AM
That viaduct work is amazing Alex!

I have a little progress to show as well:

https://www.youtube.com/v/GJlKKSFdkHY

$%Grinno$%

- Billy

You made me log-in just to like this (and comment as well) bravo!  &apls &apls &apls

Quote from: Tarkus on August 07, 2020, 06:23:43 AM
If we had diagonal height transitions

We will. :thumbsup:

Lots of stability and gap-filling.  You'll be seeing a lot of that with future NAM releases, particularly on my end.

We've also (re-)gained a dev team member who is quite interested in SAM content.  That's very good news for all the SAM enthusiasts out there.

And in case anyone thought we were kidding around about the whole "shorter release cycle" thing . . . this just went to the NAM Associates for internal testing.

-Alex

That's really fast paced! cant wait for the next release! :D

matias93

ok, now I really don't know what could be happening here

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tyberius06

Nice one Alex! After so many years, this finally seems to be coming true! Pretty amazing and crazy stuff! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Wiimeiser

Is that... Draggable Tunnels...?

Terring7

Flying cars! ;D
(i hope)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

gn_leugim

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 07, 2020, 08:06:57 PM
Is that... Draggable Tunnels...?

that would be god like!

however, one of the sims leaves for the shop, without any exit  :D

Wiimeiser

Quote from: gn_leugim on September 08, 2020, 05:26:54 AM
however, one of the sims leaves for the shop, without any exit  :D
That's an unfixable game limitation.

metarvo

It can be an advantage though.  Just think of it... a new form of RCI access without conventional road frontage.  It will also boost the underground city scene a lot, with the potential for buildings to have underground entrances.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

matias93

Quote from: metarvo on September 08, 2020, 08:40:59 AM
It can be an advantage though.  Just think of it... a new form of RCI access without conventional road frontage.  It will also boost the underground city scene a lot, with the potential for buildings to have underground entrances.

I've found something akin, when using FLUPs to put roads underground, the cars can still park on the bordering lots, as if they had underground accesses

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tarkus

Well, here's the Secret Weapon video to prove or disprove any speculation as to what all that is about . . . ;)

https://youtube.com/v/uhD_A0S4F8U

Direct Link: https://youtu.be/uhD_A0S4F8U

-Alex

AsimPika3172

Nice underground roads! :D
I loves Sim City forever!

Gwyain

Is freight able to use these new FLUPs? Does that mean can have heavy rail underground more easily than U-rail?

Wiimeiser

A few limitations here, but... Draggable tunnels are now a reality! Now we can have actual RHW tunnels!