• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Diggis Contemplates BAT

Started by Diggis, June 23, 2008, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

OK, I'll download it and play tonight :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

shanghai kid

@Diggis

I get a error message when trying to install "BSC DAMN Diggis Streams Shingle Diagonal Base Set.exe".

When i run the .exe, a error message comes up(instead of installasjon ok) saying:

BSC DAMN Diggis Pond Addon 1 has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

Cannot create the following file:

\DAMN\Root\Inland Waterways\Stream\Diggis Streams Shingle Diagonal\Diggis Streams Shingle Diagonal Base Set.$$A

I have installed "Diggis Stream Shingle Diagonal Base Lots" several times to fix this but still errror message, the other exe's in the zip file worked fine it's only the diagonal.exe file that's not working.
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

io_bg

^ I didn't have any problems with installing this, but I can't find the ponds! I searched for everything in the DAMN menu - "diggis", "pods"... but nothing shows! ()what()
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Diggis

Hmmm, weird.  On both counts.  SK, are you using XP or Vista?  And do you have admin rights?  Additionally, do the rest show up in the menu?

IO, can you go into the DAMN support folder and run the indexer batch file in there and see if that helps.  Again, do you have full user permissions on your machine?  I think the indexer may not run on install if you don't.

io_bg

thanks for the fast reply, I tried that but the problem remains. and I also have full permissions on my PC.

Diggis

Hmmm, very weird.  Do you see any other DAMN menues?  I assume you have the original DAMN installed?  Do you see the folders where my lots should show up?

Can you post the Index.txt file that should be in your DAMN support folder along with any screen shots that might be useful?

io_bg

Actually, I don't see any other DAMN menus. And yes, I have the original DAMN. All files are on their proper place. I've attached the index file to this post.

Diggis

K, I think we had this problem in the DAMN thread.  I would suggest looking there, and I'll see if I can find the answer too.  It's installed in the right place, and it's indexed correctly just not showing up.

Diggis

io_bg

Pat

Shaun wow loving the new angles here for the stream and the additions as well!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

shanghai kid

Quote from: Diggis on July 27, 2009, 09:31:58 AM
Hmmm, weird.  On both counts.  SK, are you using XP or Vista?  And do you have admin rights?  Additionally, do the rest show up in the menu?

I'm using XP and have admin rights.

Yes, the rest shows up in DAMN menu.
It's only "BSC DAMN Diggis Streams Shingle Diagonal Base Set" that is not showing up in the DAMN menu which i belive has to do with the error message i get when i run the "BSC DAMN Diggis Streams Shingle Diagonal Base Set.exe" file from the zip-file "BSC DAMN Diggis Ponds and streams" as the other exe's in the zip, runs and installs correctly without any error messages.
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"

Diggis

Thats really strange, as IO managed to get them all to install, as did I.  Can I first suggest clearing your Cache and redownloading the file and trying that one again.  If that doesn't work I'll attach the DAT file here and if you put that in the right place and then run one of the other installers again it will index it for you.

shanghai kid

I've cleared the cache and re-downloaded the file, but the diagonal base set still gives me the error message while the other .exe files installs without error,  so i'd appreciate it if you could attach the DAT file here and direct me to where i should put it in the DAMN folder before i run one of the other installers again.
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"

Diggis

That is very weird.  I don't have my working files with me at the moment so I can't check the file again, but attached is the original DAT.  Unload it into the DAMN folder in your programme plugins folder.

shanghai kid

Thanks for the .DAT file @Diggis, it works like a charm ;D.

After your post and reading some on DAMN, i've made my own working DAMN menu files now using SSPTool, but until the update of the tool the icons is still in the sc4 game menu's though(park, civil & etc.).
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"

mayormalsy

In the SSP when creating a DAMN menu if you click the hidden tick box next to infotext1 box it will remove the lots from the SC4 menu.

Hope this helps

malc

Diggis

Malc, using that setting adds a property to the files that will make them only able to be plopped once and then you have to select the lot from the menu again.  I have found another way of doing it, which hopefully Stefan will add to the SSP tool when he returns to it.

mayormalsy

That is a limitation with using the method i suggested, i only sort of partly DAMN sets leaving the bits like your pond straights in the normal menu then put the corners etc in the DAMN menu, just keeps game menus bit clearer!
Especially found it useful for BSC parks, pathways left in normal menu and all 2x2-3x3 parks in Damn.

Was the 1st time i have been able to post that might have been of use to someone! (got excited!)

Love the ponds and streams and looking forward to any additions that may be forthcoming in the future!

Best wishes

malc

Diggis

It's Ok Malc, you weren't to know I had worked with Daeley on the development of the early sets.  :P

As I said in my post, that isn't a drawback of the method I have employed to remove them from the menus.  Check the SSP and DAMN threads for more information on this if you are interested.