• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

I'm ecstatic that you've solved this problem Alex! Great work!
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Monorail Master

I'm just wondering, are there bridges for this? Or do we have to convert these new networks back to either RHW or standard roads and stuff to cross water?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

choco

unfortunately, no bridges at this time.... &mmm

im still trying to find time to finish some models i started 2 years ago...but alas, RL is starting to get worse as the summer draws near.

Monorail Master

Quote from: choco on April 18, 2010, 12:46:36 PM
unfortunately, no bridges at this time.... &mmm

im still trying to find time to finish some models i started 2 years ago...but alas, RL is starting to get worse as the summer draws near.

I got it. I remember seeing a picture you posted on your bridge thread about a RHW-10 bridge. I'm just wondering if that can be converted into a 5-lane OWR bridge.
(\__/)

choco

i dont see why not....principle is the same, just different textures.  ;)

Monorail Master

Quote from: choco on April 20, 2010, 06:33:14 AM
i dont see why not....principle is the same, just different textures.  ;)
...........and different road speeds  :)
(\__/)

sitejunction

what about ground highway or avenue for MAVE-6. Is it too big?

Destis5445

Wow, i love how this is going! I just got this game and just made this account just for this topic and im loving every update!  :) . Man, but one thing... It would be a very cool idea to maybe even have things like paint on the road saying PED-XING before a crosswalk or intersection, even before a school, or SIGNAL AHEAD painted in, it would eliminate the use of some signs   &apls . But great fob! ::)
Check out my CJ on the city of South City - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10808.0

Add me on facebook ;) - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000801844244&v=info#!/profile.php?id=100000801844244&v=wall

You shouldn't be dismayed if the person who loved you left you for someone else for that person lost the only real friend who wouldnt give up on them :)

TJ1

Ive been playing SC4 almost every day since July of last year. I got SC4 for my 9th birthday because I loved to build things ()stsfd(). But I never got to play it until I was 15. I was devastated for years :'( because my computer hated it. I'm Glad I wont mis out on the NWM. Welcome to SC4D Natalie :).

jdenm8

It looks awesome! Crossing gates too! Lots to look forward to!  :thumbsup:

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

manchou

My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

Monorail Master

Alex, nice work. I was about to ask about those crossings.
(\__/)

ecoba

Very nice work, Alex. The crossings look amazing.  :)

Ethan

Nego

Keep up the good work! ;) Great job everyone &apls The NWM is definitely more realistic than the MAXIS roads and highways. I love that. Can't wait for the first release!  :D

Kevin1a

This project looks amazing.  I can't wait to try it out!  Keep up the good work.

superhands

Teaser time:

Mave-6 x Mave-6 X intersection:

an early development shot in reader of how the road-NWM 1tile transition preview models would pan out:
\\ stubs are included in the preview models//

-Dave

Nego

That is so cool! ;D Great Job! &apls &apls I see that there are traffic signals in your Mave-6 x Mave-6 intersections. Awesome! :) Can't wait to see more!

jdenm8

As much as I want LHD... I think the NWM might be more enjoyable in RHD.
Great to see more progress :thumbsup:!
We mustn't be too far off release (That is not a question. It's an observtion. Just want to make that clear.)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley