• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carkid1998

Why are you argueing about lines??

I'm european so I don't care ;) :D

Just a question will there be euro textures??
Sendona... Coming soon!

Sgwk372

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: Sgwk372 on March 12, 2009, 03:47:11 PM
Can the AVE-6 be built as a bridge?

If once it's out someone's willing to make one then it would probably be possible...  ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

choco

there's a few of these that are possible.....

i'd have to look at the paths to be sure, though.  im sure *someone* will have a look..... ;)

Dino007

TIGR

choco

j-dub

Maybe if the AVE-6 could swing back into the RHW-6 which also has a proposed bridge this could save the issue of making another bridge? Just a thought, since you can't build off a bridge anyway, and I also thought they both were 3 tile networks.

FrobozzDaMad

I just gotta say, this is a very cool and exciting project!  I really look forward to using it in my cities in the future!  Kudos!  :)

choco

Quote from: j-dub on March 13, 2009, 03:07:36 PM
Maybe if the AVE-6 could swing back into the RHW-6 which also has a proposed bridge this could save the issue of making another bridge? Just a thought, since you can't build off a bridge anyway, and I also thought they both were 3 tile networks.

the 6C and ave6 dont appear to be "bridge capable", in the conventional sense, as they are 3 tile networks.  meaning, we cannot build a 3 tile bridge (at least, no ones been able to successfully), because any paths outside the tile boundaries will be invalid.  now, with some pathing changes and creative BATing, a 6C bridge could be constructed similar to the 6S bridge, i.e. a one-way bridge that must be drawn twice.  but there would then be little difference between those networks. 

an ave6 looks like it will fall under the same problem, but could be alternatively addressed by "squeezing" the paths onto a GHW bridge......similar to whats going on with the wide RHW bridges.

an issue i see coming to the forefront is the number of overrides w.r.t. the number of bridges......the road bridge selection menu will be stuffed with various bridges for different override networks should any be made..

carkid1998

Sendona... Coming soon!

j-dub

I don't know. It seems like Alex is doing some more RHW work, recently you may have seen some new stuff in that thread.

carkid1998

Sendona... Coming soon!

Sgwk372

Tarkus

Quote from: Sgwk372 on March 21, 2009, 01:04:23 PM
How long you guys worked on this project?

The project was started in December 2006, so close to 2 1/2 years now.  Been mostly off and on, and there's been a lot of stuff we've had to get in place (i.e. completely revamping the Road Turning Lanes Plugin) that has complicated things. 

-Alex

Sgwk372

I even made a promise that I won't play Simcity 4 until this project is ready to use. :thumbsup:

gn_leugim

that's crazy lool I'll play it anyway, thought I would like to have this in my plugins :p

nerdly_dood

Don't hold your breath, there's plenty of excellent creations out there you can use before the NWM comes out! It won't be just a month or two, it'll take quite a bit longer before you'll be able to use the NWM.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Sgwk372

aaaling

RHW VERSION 3.0
                               HERE!           
The highway relvolution is coming

redraider147

@aaaling: umm thanks for the announcement, but that came out about a month ago...