• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jplumbley

Quote from: debutterfly on May 07, 2008, 09:14:11 AM
Great work. Just some reverse psychology. When will the NWM NOT be out?  ;)  By the way, how's the progress on the RULs coming along?

Well, we have gotten one of the biggest advances as of recent worked out.  For about 3 months Tarkus and I have been sharing test RULs for the TLA-5 Intersections, such as:

4way and T Intersections:
TLA-5/TLA-5
TLA-5/TLA-3
TLA-5/Road
TLA-5/Street
TLA-5/OWR
TLA-5/Avenue

The intersections are the hardest part of RULing.  Especially with this project since TLA-3 and TLA-5 and Road are all based on the same network.. These intersections are very, very finicky when it comes to RULing them (pun intended).  The RULs for these intersections caused much grief and delay in this project and Tarkus decided to try a different approach than we had been going earlier and to our surprise was able to make the stability in these intersections much, much stronger.

Now, what is required is a plan of attack on how to implement corners and then diagonals.  There will be no release before the diagonals are done.  The diagonals are the next hurdle so to speak and we currently are debating what the best way to implement them will be.

As for when will it "NOT" be out?

Pat is right, it wont be out tomorrow.  But you can expect a preliminary release sometime around when the Diagonals are figured out.  I think we have just passed the 1 year mark where this project was officially announced as being "started".  So, lets hope the Diagonal RULs dont take as long as the Intersection RULs.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Starmanw402007

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

gn_leugim

i really like this, this will take the game to a new dimension  :thumbsup: great work guys!!! &apls &apls

gaotingguxiu

very nice ,I'm looking forward to it ,I like it

j-dub

bakerton

I for one will be waiting very patiently for everything to get done and to be released. Sofar, I must say you guys are doing a great job with this. Keep it up and good luck. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Edgware

Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

thundercrack83

Thanks for the progress report, Jason. I'll be waiting patiently, as always, my friend!

Dustin

pilotdaryl

XiahouDun

Quote from: pilotdaryl on May 07, 2008, 07:56:17 PM
The link is broken....
*makes habit to never click tinyurl links*

Here is why (and my guess to the "broken link"). Am I correct?
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Ryan B.

What link?   ;)  :D

Just trying to inject some laughter into everyone's day here.

sincitybaby

Tarkus will the OWR-3 be in the first release?

This is Terrific work, I cannot wait until it is released

frdrcklim

These are great. Can't wait to use these new toys uhhh... tools ;D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

nerdly_dood

I for two will be
Quote from: bakerton on May 07, 2008, 03:17:28 PM
waiting very patiently for everything to get done and to be released. Sofar, I must say you guys are doing a great job with this. Keep it up and good luck. JKB

Good job so far, I see a lot of TLAs and TLRs where I live...but then in Salem there is a road with four total lanes:  one going east, then the next is the turning lane, then two going west. (Not that this matters, i would just as readily use a RD-4, or whatever a four-lane road with no median strip is abbrevated as)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Starmanw402007

Hi  sincitybaby, there is currently no timetable set for a release of any of these TLA-Aves project. It's still In Progress. We have to wait patiently ok.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Tarkus

Quote from: sincitybaby on May 10, 2008, 07:24:48 PM
Tarkus will the OWR-3 be in the first release?

I can't say for certain, but there's a lot of crossover with the RULs with the TLA-3 and AVE-2, so it's quite possible. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

sincitybaby

Thank you Tarkus for the quick reply!

Amazing work again!

yoshiisland2

Thanks for the progress report! :thumbsup:  I agree, let's hope it doesn't take too long to do the diagonal RULs...but since I don't do transit modding of any sort other than TEing lots (EDIT: which I do correctly after reading several threads and getting advice on proper TEing techniques :D) I wouldn't really know the steps involved in this awesomeness. ;D

j-dub

Ahhhhhhh! :o A word of advice to anyone transit enabling lots, you never want to let anyone know about it in NAM developement.