• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshiisland2

I knew the thread looked different!  I am speechless! :o
&aplsYou guys are awsome keep it up!! :thumbsup:

Starmanw402007

Just a ? concerning Turning Lanes, when we build those Turnings, will we be able to choose which roads and streets have turning lanes? Instead of everyone interestion with turning lanes?
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on March 01, 2008, 10:54:29 AM
will we be able to choose which roads and streets have turning lanes? Instead of everyone interestion with turning lanes?

In the future, that should be possible I think. ;)
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2629.0
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Filasimo

Im going to be nice and kindly let you know jdub, please stop spamming our development threads. If there is something you want to contribute, please by all means let us know. Posting shots like this that is totally irrelevant to project development is truly unnecessary. Again, please think twice before you post k?

This is not the best way to deal with a person such as this.  Please, do not be condesending and suggest how he could make a better post rather than telling him not to post. - JP
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jplumbley

J-dub,

Please put some organization into your posts.  Im not saying "stop", I along with most others cannot understand what you are trying to say.  Please, structure your posts in a fashion that explains what is happening in the picture you are showing.

For example, in the picture you just showed:

1.  The Road Intersection with the Avenue is not complete, and the Turning Lane does not continue through the intersection.

2.  The Avenue/Avenue Intersection is not complete because the tiles to the north of the intersection are not showing up properly.

I dont know if these are your complaints but, you seriously need to start explaining what you are trying to so instead of saying "How embarassing."  It is quite demoralizing to members of the NAM Team who are working diligently on many of the issues that plague the releases we are working on before we release them.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

j-dub

EDIT(previous removed) Explanation-My bad, there is nothing I was hinting to demoralize. English is not my best. If anything I was trying to say good words that this project will solve those issues, but again nterpreted wrong. 
QuoteThe Avenue/Avenue Intersection is not complete because the tiles to the north of the intersection are not showing up properly.
There are no tiles to the north at all. My previous was refering a follow up to this project after
QuoteJust a ? concerning Turning Lanes, when we build those Turnings, will we be able to choose which roads and streets have turning lanes? Instead of everyone interestion with turning lanes?
Needing an answer to for this project, being wrongfully told its unrelevant.

Ramona Brie

*falls over on floor*

This is what I need! I cannot wait for this!

jigsawsam

vistla

Ryan B.

Quote from: vistla on March 07, 2008, 09:37:37 PM
The anticipation is killing me!
Well, hopefully that's not a literal statement.  We can't be held liable for injury or death.

CasperVg

QuoteWe can't be held liable for injury or death.
Uh-oh, I hope my insurance covers these sorts of injuries...

Are there any plans on creating an euro version of the whole Turning Lane projects?
Like this:

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Shadow Assassin

Of course. I think the Euro version would look a little different - I'm not sure, but in any case, I know how it looks here. It's probably going to be done by the SFBT team members who are part of the NAM team.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

Well, I don't think that such a thing exists in Europe, at least not in Germany. It shouldn't be too hard to replace the yellow lines with white ones, but I don't have any reference for a European equivalent so far.
Andreas

Shadow Assassin

Well, Australia uses a similar road marking system to general Europe...

The TLAs I've seen are just single white lines, no dashes on the inside, with those turning arrow thingies in the middle.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

CasperVg

I have seen turning lane roads here in Belgium, most of the time they are also used to pass other cars.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Starmanw402007

I'm already anixous for the release of this project  :D. But, I'll just have to wait like everyone else $%Grinno$%. Anyhow, I love the progress on this project. Keep Up the great work. Looking forward to more updates. :)

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

el_cozu

I think that the european equivalent would be like the australian guy... 2 white lines... and just that... or maybe 4 (2 each side)

the arrow thingies are in every country.... at least im for sure, mexico and USA have arrows in their TLAs

i have an idea... i just came with it right now &idea

how about making the AAM (avenue addon mod)... just like the streets... different asphalt textures... and different meddians!

it would be awesome... along with the TLAs... waaa... i hope it comes true :'(

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

superhands

Turning Lane Avenues (TLA)/Wider Avenues is coming along great tarkus and co. is there any plan of making narrower avenues divided by only line markings? just putting the idea out on the table.
hey another thing, i only just noticed that the TL avenue has pavement on oneside of the road in the top pic. this is far more realistic.

Tarkus

Quote from: bighead99999 on March 10, 2008, 09:02:58 AM
Turning Lane Avenues (TLA)/Wider Avenues is coming along great tarkus and co. is there any plan of making narrower avenues divided by only line markings? just putting the idea out on the table.

There are.  That's basically what the MAVEs (Medianless Avenues) are about.   :)

Thanks for all the input on the Euro/International markings end of things as well--it seems like there is a fairly wide variety of different markings, so I'm a little bit uncertain what to do on that end.  If anyone else wants to have a crack at "regionalized" textures, though, they are more than welcome to. :D