• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How's the weather today (where you live)

Started by Vario80, June 09, 2007, 02:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vario80

Pretty changeable weather here too. ;)

In the morning hours we had rain at a temperature of 12 to 13°C and a really chilly strong northeastern wind.
During noon the rain stopped and the wind turned to East-Southeast and the temperature climbed up to the maximum of 21°C. Also the dewpoint rose up from 11 in the morning to 18°C in the afternoon, making the air very muggy.
In the afternoon showers set in and the temperatures remained around the 20 degrees mark and the air became very dampy.

Now it's cloudy at a Temperature of 17°C
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Shadow Assassin

More rain.

5m swell out on the Harbour, lots of rain being dumped where I live, and winds up to 100km/h. Over 100mm in 48 hours, I think. Add another 200 from last weekend, and this is turning out to be one very wet June. We haven't had this much rain in June since 1964.

Not a good combination. :P

Don't know what the rest of the week will hold. The people up in Newcastle have to put up with more rain, after they had to clean up after last weekend's storms. The Hunter River rose by 10m, and almost breached the levees in Maitland, just NW of Newcastle. Widespread flooding. A big oil tanker ran aground last week, and they were forced to postpone the removal of said tanker from the beach because of the swell. They've had to fill the hold with water to keep it in the one place.

We get this after something like three years of below-average rainfall. For the people in Newcastle, something like five years.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Shadow Assassin

Another update on the weather in the Sydney region.

NSW waits for 'worst storm' of the month

The third low-pressure system (with accompanying rain and wind) in two weeks is expected to hit Sydney tonight. With winds above 125km/h, it will be very dangerous. Combined with the poor conditions from last week's bad weather, more trees than ever may be uprooted - due to the rain weakening root systems. This is expected to continue into tomorrow, 12C during the day (not accounting for wind chill; with wind chill, it'll be about 4-6C). Many homes might get some damage, because of flying tree branches and the like. I have a suspicion my school's roof is going to suffer a lot of damage, having been damaged in last week's rain, with leakages in many places.

Blizzards are expected to hit the mountain regions of Sydney as well, with possible ice tomorrow morning. We might get some snow in this part of Sydney, which has never happened before. But then again, it's only the third week of June and the alpine regions are enjoying lots of snow.

It'd be even worse if a fourth low-pressure system formed...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Today we have a very warm weather. The temperature lies around 25°C! :)

BigSlark

Today it is 92F (33C) with a heat index of 102F (38.8C) (Heat Index is how hot it feels to a human, it factors in humidity and the strength of the sun) and humidity at 98% as there was a thundershower yesterday.

Apparently there are severe thunderstorms on the way, hopefully it will cool off to 75F (23.8C) or so tonight with the rain.

Cheers,
Kevin
Jackson, Mississippi, USA

Vario80

Fine weather here, in the afternoon we had 23°C with 50% humidity. now it's still 19°C with a sun very low above the horizon. It's thousand times more comfortable than the heatwave we had a good week ago.  :thumbsup: :satisfied:

shoreman905

Beastly hot here in Virginia Beach. High 90s, heavy humidity and thunderstorms moving in as I speak from the west. Oh well, the TS drives the tourists into the bars and shops, so it isn't all bad.

Filasimo

it was rainy and overcast here in TN finally rain in 8 weeks....this summer has been in a drought and our rainfall deficit dipped as low as 12 inches...looks like the front is moving ur way shoreman
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

rickmastfan67

Thunderstorms are inbound here. WEEEEEEE. lol.  I'm now going to go stand outside and hope to get hit by lightning. LOL.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

EDGE4194

Dana Point, CA (coastal Orange County)
71°F
Clear
Wind: SW at 8 mph
Humidity: 55%
Today
Sunny
()stsfd()

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

shoreman905

Filasimo Right you are. We had a heavy front bearing down on Hampton Roads that will cool it off and drop plenty of rain. The ags out here will love that, it has been dry except for quick thundershowers and they don't help the farmers much.

Filasimo

yeah we needed the rain that fell today cep i hated driving in it when i had to work all morning  :thumbsdown:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Vario80

Well actually i was aiming for another sunny and a pleasantly warm day, but instead it's overcast and very muggy
here 27°C (80°F) with a Dewpoint of 18°C (65°F) at least i hope we will get a thunderstorm soon... &mmm :thumbsdown:

bat

Today we have a warm weather with 25°C! But at the first days of the begin of summer holidays (which starts today ()stsfd() )  there will be thunderstorms and rain clouds!

Vario80

It's rainy and very windy today, with 7 Bft on average wind. And the current Temperature of 12°C makes it feel more like autumn than summer. Nevertheless we coasteners are used to it.  ;)

FromTheAshes

Quote from: Vario80 on June 26, 2007, 10:03:42 AM
It's rainy and very windy today, with 7 Bft on average wind. And the current Temperature of 12°C makes it feel more like autumn than summer. Nevertheless we coasteners are used to it.  ;)
Same story here in Wolfsburg. Well, it's northern Germany, we gotta know this weather. But it sucks anyway  &sly
Visit Vorsfelde.

Vario80

Quote from: FromTheAshes on June 26, 2007, 10:40:32 AM
Same story here in Wolfsburg. Well, it's northern Germany, we gotta know this weather. But it sucks anyway  &sly

I don't mind the wind, but the drizzling rain sucks.  &mmm

XiahouDun

Its pretty hot here, 88F (31.1C), with high humidity and no wind. We haven't gotten rain for days either, so everything is dried out. Really hoping we get the storms we are forecasted to have tonight. Could at least help break the temperature for tomorrow.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Vario80

Well looking back at the past seven weeks it has been quite rainy, with average temperatures and with only a few days
of temperatures near or above 30°C. After having almost mediterrenean like summers in the past years, this weather seems to be quite abnormal for some folks here.
The following Excel graphs are from my private weather station.  :)

I think it's pretty self explanitory the blue, green and red lines show the min, mean and max temperature on a day, the blue column the precipitation in mm

July

August (until the 17th)

And also today, was like most days this summer has been, cloudy with lots of showers, Maximum was 19°C, during a shower this afternoon the mercury soared temporarily down to 13°C... &mmm  ;)