• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NUTs - a not so young LE and b.a.t. Team

Started by tooheys, March 23, 2008, 12:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Well, we are certainly not the newest kids on the block, literally. NUTs (Nobody Under Thirty) is a collaboration between Jmouse (Joan), Paroch (Paul) and tooheys (Dave), all of whom have only just crept past the 30yr mark  $%Grinno$%.

We have all worked with the LE and Joan has also recently started BATing.

Here we will show our LE work, and we hope you will also visit Joan's BAT thread as it is turning into a great tutorial for those new to the art.

Paul is also in the process of applying for LEX candidacy and I hope to follow shortly.

Hope you enjoy what we come up with, and as always your constructive feedback is always welcome.

So here are a few pics of an overhaul we recently did on the chi mansion. A bit of a challenge we set ourselves and these are the results of our individual efforts

Also on the table at the moment is a team effort to rework some of the docks available for the game. Currently, we are experimenting with PEG's CDK3 as a base. Still a lot to do, but here's a pic to show you what we have in mind.

So there you go, NUTs it is.

Hope you join us on the journey ahead.

jplumbley

Creative team name.   :thumbsup:

Well, since I cannot "welcome" you to the community, good luck on the new team.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

BarbyW

Welcome, NUTs, it is good to see the promotion of ageism in the community.  :thumbsup:
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

CasperVg

Lovely work! Not really sure about the carprops in front of the garage in the first picture, tho.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

threestooges

Nice work on the lot variety. This certainly will be a good team. I've seen the individual work, and I'm really looking forward to what the combined efforts will yield. Good luck to you NUTs.
-edit- I thought I should also add, in response to FrankU's post that the third pic, while very full, looks great and reminds me of a place around here (house is different but the yard is filled like that. I'd love to help out if I can (butfor the age difference of course).

FrankU

No NUTs no glory!

Nice developments and relottings here!
On the other hand: I would never allow someone to build these garages in front of these beautiful mansions. I think they should be behind the houses somewhere in the gardens.
I think the second is brilliant, but maybe a bit too cluttered?
The thirdis definitely too clutterd. Maybe you make the compound lager?

Harbour lots: nice!

Pat

NUTs now that is a fantastic name!!! Hey can I apply for membership even though Im only 29 lol... I bet not cause I am under 30, but I am willing to help you all out in anyway I can to help NUTs be NUTastic....  Love the lots that you all are doing and the Chi manson soo much better IMHO!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

First of all, thanks to those that have wished us NUTs well.

We are having a bit of fun testing our limits at the moment, the Chi Mansion was just one of those "tests". A set building prop and a max lot size. It's interesting to see the different outcomes. With a good team, some predefined rules and no collaboration, you can easily come up with a nice set of lots, with each team member's individual traits showing thru.

Actually, there's a test for you. Three Chi Mansions, three NUTs. Can anyone work out who did what??

I am closing my LE thread and bringing it over here. At the moment the cricket ground is my major project, but it also belongs to the NUTs team, primarily because of the suggestions and help behind the scenes that you can't see.

The latest version below is currently with xxdita for a preliminary check before I get it ready, with a lot of help, for LEX candicacy.

Dependancies aren't too bad:

BSC Mega Props - CAL Vol01
BSC_TexturePack_Cycledogg_V 01
CAL_Crickettextures
CAL_Willow_Tree
PEG-CDK_4x3_Marina-Docks_101

And I think all of Cal's packs are in the Mega Prop pack which simplifies things further.

Prop placement (trees etc) may change, but pretty much what you see will appear one way or another in the final version.

Diggis is currently looking at the possibility of making some curved fences to place around the cricket field.  :thumbsup: and with these I have some ideas for a 2nd version.

Hopefully my fellow NUTs will drop by shortly to say hello  ;) and totally contradict everything I just said  ::).

And we hope to have some more dock pic's soon.

Cheers

Dave

Diggis

Congrats on the new team.  Are you allowed to use stuff I do for you as I am only 28.  $%Grinno$%

I've started work on this, and if you don't mind, will post some pics up when I have something to show.  I'll do up a full curved fence for this ground, then do some smaller sections to match the paths you are using so you can expand grounds as you wish.

CasperVg

I have no idea what cricket is, beside that its a sport, or how it is played; but what I do know is that the pitch looks extraordinary!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

tooheys

Diggis, consider yourself a project consultant.

The pays no good, but all us "old" people will be thinking "what a helpful young chap that Diggis is"  :D

Hey, post away, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Thanks again

caspervg, thanks. If I could explain the game in 10 words or less I would  %confuso Best if you google it  ;)

Dave

Edit: While I mentioned xxdita in my last post, I didn't tell you about the great help, feedback and offers of support that Nate (xxdita) has provided to me. Thanks  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Wow, this is a faboulous lot!
I want it, yes!
As an AWOF* I'll follow the developments here eagerly.

*Already Way Over Fourty

Diggis

Well I had a chance to have a little play and here is the result.  526 palings...

A close up.  Not sure but I think some of the details might go missing.  I'll see what happens when Cal renders it for me.

I want to throw some gates in there, and maybe a couple of broken palings.  Some textures and it's off to Cal.

Pat

Diggis I think that would look great there with some broken palings and a gate or 2....

My guesses on the Chi Mansons

• 1.)  Paul
  • 2.)  Dave
  • 3.)  Joan

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Jmouse

First of all, many thanks to everyone who has stopped by, offered encouragement and contributed to the cricket pitch project. You're the best! :thumbsup: Technically it is a team effort, but it has been Dave' work from the very beginning.

Individually, our styles are very different as you can see in the test lots above, and each one of us brings a different area of expertise to the table. One thing we all do, however, is mix in plenty of fun and laughs.

So I hope you'll join the fun
and enter our little "guess the guilty party" contest. Who knows, there just might be a nutty little prize in it for the winner!  And tell us what you think of each lot while you're about it. :)

Later...
Joan

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

tooheys

Lol, Pat and mightygoose, you're both wrong, although one of you has the first one right and one has the last one right.

Diggis, that looks fantastic, can't wait to see some more. And thanks to Cal as well for his help  :thumbsup:

paroch

The third NUT checking in here. 

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.  And interesting to see you guess who did which Chi Mansion.  I'll give you a clue...... the terrain mods (or lack of them) are visible in our related MDs.....  I'll leave it to one of the others to kill the suspense!

And Pat, 29, LOL! ;)

As for what's on my part of the drawing board.......

-The market lots have been submitted for LEX candidacy but I know that there is a shortage of scrutineers at the moment, so watch this space.

-I've been making ploppable landmarks from Haarlemgold and Vanderaap's Dutch BATs to overcome some issues in West End's Amsterdam inspired city.  I don't see much call for these in the community at large, so don't plan to release them....... but if there are any fans of Dutch BATs out there who would find them of use let me know and I'll send them to you.  You'll need the original BATs plus some assorted popular prop packs.

-Making the custom ploppables meant I've learned some more about Plug-In Manager, LE and LEProp, so I plan to write a tutorial on how to make such custom ploppables.  Clearly, I'll be relying on my team mates to make sure I'm not talking rubbish!

-We also had a team discussion about Prop Families and their use in LE, and it seemed we all approached them slightly differently, so I plan a small tutorial on the use of Prop Families.  Whilst this is basic stuff, it's very useful for those new to LE.

-To compliment Dave's BRILLIANT cricket lot, I plan to make some custom sports LOTs.  They'll be small community sports grounds, not big professional stadia.

-And as a team we have an idea up our sleeves that could be of interest and involve anybody in the community who wants to jump on board!  Still in pipeline, so more on this later once it's a bit more developed.

Paul

sebes

Quote from: paroch on March 26, 2008, 02:04:28 PM
-I've been making ploppable landmarks from Haarlemgold and Vanderaap's Dutch BATs to overcome some issues in West End's Amsterdam inspired city.  I don't see much call for these in the community at large, so don't plan to release them....... but if there are any fans of Dutch BATs out there who would find them of use let me know and I'll send them to you.
Are you kidding me ??? *** checking mailbox every hour now ***

Great to see this team - age wise I fit in very well - but unfortunately no batting, lotting and modding skills here...

Good look you three Nuts!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN