• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Swamper's Service Station

Started by Swamper77, January 16, 2007, 07:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpast

I am reskinning your Seattle police units as black and white (car:

), but I'm having trouble with the car props. How do I update them with the new skin? Also, I tried to replace the badge, but it gave me this-

What could the problem be ()what() ?

Swamper77

Cpast,

You won't be able to reskin the car props as they are BAT models, not automata models.

Looks like the UV map is messed up a bit for the door logo. Is it doing this only on the left side or both sides of the car?

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

cpast

Both sides.
EDIT: Never mind the props. I deleted the prop exemplars and the reskin shows as props now.

Swamper77

Cpast,

I can't figure out why the door badges are behaving that way on your computer. It appears that the polygons for them got rearranged somehow. The diagonal line of the badges should be the opposite way that yours shows. Did you alter the model in any way other than replacing the texture?

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

cpast

No. I have no idea how to, anyway.

Swamper77

Cpast,

I downloaded what I had uploaded to the LEX. It's not producing the problem that you are having. I can't reproduce the problem on my end. That type of problem only comes from altering the UV map for the door logos. My files were not uploaded with that problem. I don't know what to tell you.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

cpast

Ingame, it;s worse -
Also, I found that the alpha in Reader looks like this (its a circle in the FSH) :

nerdly_dood

Perhaps you might want to start over?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

cpast

Swamper77

Cpast,

Nerdly is suggesting that you start from scratch in creating your reskin of my Seattle police car. It looks like the program that you used to make the FSH image of the door logo damaged your FSH image. Try creating the FSH file again. The Group ID of the images used on the model should be 1ABE787D and no bigger than 256x256. Anything bigger, and you will get a colored patch like you showed if you are running SC4 in Software Rendering mode.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

cpast

What is a group ID? Also, the size is 111x109, and SC4 is in Hardware Rendering. Finally, could you see if there is a problem with the FSH if I attach it?

Swamper77

The Group ID is the second set of 8 numbers in an address of a game file (ie xxxxxxxx 1ABE787D xxxxxxxx).

Images for the game have to be square or rectangular and each side of the image has to be a multiple of 16 (ie 128x256, 128x128, 16x256). That is probably why your image got messed up and shows as a colored patch. A 111x109 image will not work in SC4.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

cpast