• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Automata Generator Requests

Started by Swamper77, July 21, 2007, 02:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamper77

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on July 30, 2007, 01:46:26 PM
making it look like a bus stop will work for me...

And how do you make these lots to generate traffic?

- Allan Kuan
With LUA script files and custom Occupant Group IDs which are attached to the building exemplars on the lots. ;) Unless you know how they are written, I would not recommend trying to make an automata generator script on your own.

As far as traffic goes, these generators create visual traffic, not the actual traffic. You could tell a generator script to output 100 cars and place the lot associated with the generator alongside an empty street. The traffic view will still show green for that street. The capacities of transit-enabled lots and the networks only count the actual commuters/freight traffic. They don't count the vehicles created by generator scripts.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Swamper77

The Freight Truck Generator has been released. The Lot will produce 6 trucks a day onto the nearest roadway and stops producing them after the 6th truck. Once one of the first 6 trucks disappears, then it will create another to replace it. The Lot is in the Parks Menu, in the upper part of it. This file will also work with any custom freight trucks you may have installed such as the Vandy Automata Set I released previously.

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Swamper77 on August 01, 2007, 09:32:54 PM
The Freight Truck Generator has been released. The Lot will produce 6 trucks a day onto the nearest roadway and stops producing them after the 6th truck. Once one of the first 6 trucks disappears, then it will create another to replace it. The Lot is in the Parks Menu, in the upper part of it. This file will also work with any custom freight trucks you may have installed such as the Vandy Automata Set I released previously.

-Swamper77

Nice.  Going to download that and add it to my cites when I load SC4 the next time.  :thumbsup:
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Shadow Assassin

Uh, what about full-sized bus generators? You know, to spawn buses. Shame we can't have bendy-buses from time to time, seeing as they're so common here.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Swamper77

Shadow,

In the game, there is only one definition of "bus" so that is what the script would put out onto the roadways. Articulated buses are possible, but it takes some extra coding to do because you have to define the back part as a "trailer" of the front part. Not saying it's too hard, but it will take a bit of work to make sure it doesn't affect anything else.

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

plunderer

I would like to see many GLR(EL Rail) Trams are running  ;D
Could anyone make the Generator?

Olasz

Quote from: Swamper77 on August 03, 2007, 08:00:15 PM
Shadow,

In the game, there is only one definition of "bus" so that is what the script would put out onto the roadways. Articulated buses are possible, but it takes some extra coding to do because you have to define the back part as a "trailer" of the front part. Not saying it's too hard, but it will take a bit of work to make sure it doesn't affect anything else.

-Swamper77

well, I have already experimented with this, however I was not satisfied how the trailer acts at turns. And UDI was falling to tractor and trailer apart with a gap and suddenly stick together when following paths

buddybud

hi swamper...

i have a question regarding this mod. first let me say i havent used these generators so if this question is dumb please excuse and disregard this.

as you know about a year ago i was working on car-->subway conversion lots simular to the blahdy's big dig but intended for small stacked intersections. the one big problem i ran into was that traffic ran across them into the tunnels. but the traffic passing out of the tunnel and up the ramp would not appear untill it left said ramp. could the methods you used be additionally used to generate automata on one side of a transit enabled lot (tunnel exit) and have it then travel across the lot and then out onto the regular road. thus making up for my original problem of not having exit automata?

thanx again
and ignore all this if its not appropriate  ()stsfd()

Swamper77

Buddybud,

Could you please clarify your request a bit more? I have an idea of what you are asking for, but not completely sure as to what you are asking.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

RebaLynnTS

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I am going to update my Katrina Memorial Trauma Center, and want to add the choper, but not sure how. You can PM me if you prefer.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Swamper77

Adding helicopters to Lots is really simple. There are several "Tag" props in the Lot Editor for various helicopters (ie the Medical Helicopter). Just add one to your Lot where you want the helicopter to appear.

However, the helicopter won't take off on its own unless an accident occurs in your city. It will stay parked until such an event occurs. The player will also be able to fly it around in UDI Mode as well.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

RebaLynnTS

Cool, I was hoping it was pretty easy, just had not found any info on it.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

soulstealer

Hi sawmper I've dl your freight truck generator plugin from lex and was wondering how to incorporate it into my own lots. I've made some container port/yard lots http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4002.0 soon to be released.

I hope this is allright with you. I want the two freight yards to spawn the freight automata. What files from your DAT do I need to copy into my lot files?

Swamper77

Soulstealer,

You need to add the correct Occupant Group ID to the lot. The Occupant Group IDs are labeled in the LUA file of my download as to which trains they will spawn. You must link my download as a dependency, as I will not allow you to copy the LUA script file from my download and merge it into your file(s).

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

soulstealer

Just add 0xA3814 to the occupant group? very simple. thanks!!!

btw they spawn trucks not trains, right?

Swamper77

Yes, you are correct. I was typing in a hurry this morning and didn't fully read the post of yours.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

CasperVg

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to make CP's vehicle props into automata, and if it is possible; would it be hard?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Swamper77

Casper,

The only way this could be done is if CP gave me all of his vehicle models to me so I could convert them. BAT models cannot be used for automata due to how they are generated. Automata models are very similar to the models used for networks/puzzle pieces. Unless I get the models from him, I can't do anything for your request.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

superhands

swamper, is it possible to to have an automata DE-generator? ie for rural areas. cas ther is to much traffic visually on my roads.

vester

I would say: No

Generated traffic has nothing to do with the transportation. The generated traffic is spawn from a lot. In the area around the lot, you will see the type of automata that is connected to the lot.