• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Automata Generator Requests

Started by Swamper77, July 21, 2007, 02:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamper77

Thank you, Travis. Less work for me to do :thumbsup:

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Ennedi

Thank you very much!  &dance

I think I have an interesting place to use them - you will see  :)
(But I need 1 or 2 weeks to start MD - I'm hurry but have too much work in RL  &mmm)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Travis

You're welcome, Jan.  :)

You're welcome too Ennedi, I will definitely look forward to your MD.  :thumbsup:

Diggis

Just a note on the seagulls, Peg said they are a huge resource hog due to the way they are animated.  This is why cities with the default land fill will slow up after a while.  He said there is another bird animation, not sure what bird, that was easier on the computer.

Swamper77

Diggis,

The other bird type Effect would be pigeons. ;)

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

Travis

Quote from: Diggis on July 25, 2007, 01:02:38 AM
Just a note on the seagulls, Peg said they are a huge resource hog due to the way they are animated.  This is why cities with the default land fill will slow up after a while.  He said there is another bird animation, not sure what bird, that was easier on the computer.

Hmmm, they didn't cause any slowdown when I tested them, but I didn't plop huge numbers of them either. Thanks for the feedback.  :)

Diggis

I didn't use your lots it was just something I heard.  It more when you get a few of the seagulls running in a large city.  Removing the seagulls seems to solve the issue so I have heard.

Ennedi

Seagulls: I will check them next few days and report to you.

Swamper, I have the next idea (aren't you tired of my ideas yet?  ::))

What do you think about fire truck and ambulance generators? It would be good if you would use your own automata - they are excellent and we can see them ingame only occasionally  ;)

Great scenes could be arranged  :D
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Swamper77

Ennedi,

Since my emergency vehicle automata are keyed to the same classes as the ingame defaults. It wouldn't take much to do. However, I cannot specifically specify that only my vehicles (and not the game's vehicles) are to be spawned without updating my existing automata files with new Occupant Group IDs. I'm not saying I wouldn't do the updates, but I'd have to notify everyone that downloaded them previously and have them download all the vehicles again and reinstall them. &mmm

BTW, an ambulance generator already exists in the game. It's just the fire truck generator that doesn't exist. Granted, the ambulance generator only produces 1 at a time, though. I assume you are asking for a script that produces more than 1 at a time. To make the script appropriately, I need some variables for the automata to be released by the generator:

How often? PER HOUR, PER DAY, PER WEEK? (pick one)
How many at a time? (#)
Time interval between releases of automata? (# of seconds)
How many automata total to be released? (#)

I understand that some people like the HUGE volumes of automata produced by Mike Seith's automata generator, but that won't be appropriate for ones spawning emergency vehicles, trains, etc. So try to use some reasonable numbers when filling in the variables I have listed that need numbers. ;)

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

Pat

Jan ty for you hard work that you do for everyones special request... this is a awsome idea and service...
i just have praises for you my friend...... - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Swamper,

Thanks a lot for such quick and profound answer :)

QuoteSince my emergency vehicle automata are keyed to the same classes as the ingame defaults. It wouldn't take much to do. However, I cannot specifically specify that only my vehicles (and not the game's vehicles) are to be spawned without updating my existing automata files with new Occupant Group IDs. I'm not saying I wouldn't do the updates, but I'd have to notify everyone that downloaded them previously and have them download all the vehicles again and reinstall them.
I understand the trouble, I think updating your automata is not necessary. If they appear randomly, I will wait for them  :D

QuoteBTW, an ambulance generator already exists in the game. It's just the fire truck generator that doesn't exist
To be honest, it is not quite clear for me. I think it's because my poor English. Does the ambulance generator exist or not? If yes, where?
The same question about fire truck generator.

QuoteI assume you are asking for a script that produces more than 1 at a time.
Hmm... I think 1 ambulance at the time is enough. But 2 or 3 fire trucks at the time is reasonable.

QuoteI understand that some people like the HUGE volumes of automata produced by Mike Seith's automata generator
Yes, this generator is very useful and I use it, but only the moderate version. I don't like cars going one through another  :D. My opinion about it: too much cars in heavy traffic version, too short distance on wchich cars appear in both versions.

QuoteHow often? PER HOUR, PER DAY, PER WEEK? (pick one)
How many at a time? (#)
Time interval between releases of automata? (# of seconds)
How many automata total to be released? (#)
As I know, game default speed in slowest mod (Turtle) is 1 day = 2 seconds. So, one time per week is enough.
How many at a time? Ambulance: 1. Fire truck: 2 or 3 (you can decide)
Time interval between releases of automata: I understand this is an interval between their series (example: 3 trucks - break - 3 trucks). If I'm wrong, improve me. If I'm right, let's say 10-15 seconds.
How many automata total to be released? Let's say 3 series.

At the end I must say I like your idea of these traffic generators. I think their main function is arranging of various scenes in the time and place choosen by player. When I request them, I think not only my specific needs, but also about their usefulness for other players. So I ask you - help me to choose parameters wchich can be good for more people  :)
New Horizons Productions

Swamper77

Quote from: Ennedi on July 28, 2007, 02:10:33 PM
To be honest, it is not quite clear for me. I think it's because my poor English. Does the ambulance generator exist or not? If yes, where?
The same question about fire truck generator.

The ambulance generator exists ingame and is usually attached medical facilities such as the Large Medical Center. The fire truck generator does not exist. There is a property that makes some appear directly after you place a fire department lot, but no more are created after those ones disappear. For you particular project, I would just have to create the fire truck generator. ;)

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

Ennedi

Everything clear, thank you!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

allan_kuan1992

Is it possible for you to make a bus generator?

A little off topic... but I think some new mini-bus automata should be made for small communities that need transit service but without the big buses...
These mini-buses, if made, should also work well on curves without having to suffer from the "side-smack" bug, where the end of the bus smacks another vehicle while attempting a curve.

- Allan Kuan

vester

Yes that is possible. The game came with one: the school buses.

Swamper77

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on July 29, 2007, 05:26:26 AM
Is it possible for you to make a bus generator?

A little off topic... but I think some new mini-bus automata should be made for small communities that need transit service but without the big buses...
These mini-buses, if made, should also work well on curves without having to suffer from the "side-smack" bug, where the end of the bus smacks another vehicle while attempting a curve.

- Allan Kuan
A bus generator can be done. You mind if I make the generator lot look like a small rural roadside bus stop?

I hear you on the curves part :D If someone is willing to create the detailed model of the shorter transit bus, then I will be willing to make the automata version. I could try to make a shorter bus model, but my vehicle modeling skills are kind of substandard. If I do make a shorter bus model, you will end up with whatever is used in my area. The local buses around here are blue and/or white. Making it replace the default bus is no problem, but specifying when and where an additional bus model appears is beyond my skills at the moment.

Quote from: vester on July 29, 2007, 05:32:35 AM
Yes that is possible. The game came with one: the school buses.
The school bus generator has a nasty side effect of spawning vans/SUVs near elementary schools. There are actually a few school bus generators, one for elementary schools as I just mentioned, one for high schools, and one for museums. There may be another one or two, but I would have to check the game's LUA files to be sure. All of the existing ones in the game spawn other automata besides the school buses, so a new one will have to be written to spawn school buses specifically.

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

Rayden

Swamper77

Quote from: Rayden on July 29, 2007, 05:04:33 PM
Is my help needed? ;)

Only if you have a model of a short transit bus (shorter than the default one)

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

Rayden

Unfortunately I didn't find any like you wanted, apart from the ones I showed you yesterday. I found this one, but I really don't like it very much, too simple, despite that in the game noone will tell the diference ;) Maybe you can have it modified and retextured. :thumbsup:

allan_kuan1992

making it look like a bus stop will work for me...

And how do you make these lots to generate traffic?

- Allan Kuan