• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Swamper's Garage

Started by Swamper77, January 11, 2007, 10:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamper77

@Pat: I'll see what I can do in that regard. Maxis doesn't have an image for the light cast by an amber lightbar, so I will have to see how they made their images for the spinning lights.

Just a small update on the vans that will be in the European Emergency Vehicles pack:

I have added images to the sides of the vans. The side images are part of the main vehicle skin, so I didn't need any extra images. The windshield and headlights on the skins have been darkened by 50% to match the shading of the sides of the vehicles. The replacement version of the ambulance has been updated as well. I just need to gather up my files into a zip and then create the Developer file for these. I will also make one for the American Fire Units that I released recently.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Swamper77

The day is here! ;D

I have uploaded the European Emergency Vehicles set to the LEX and it is a LEX Exclusive. There are 3 additional and 2 replacement units. The available replacements are the European Ambulance Van and the European Ladder Truck. These replacements will conflict with other mods that replace the default ambulance and fire truck, respectively.

I'm wrapping up my Development files and will be posting them in the near future. I also have a special upload that will go online when I upload the Development files. I created a side project while working on the vans ;)

I have also updated my American Fire Units file that is on the LEX. If you downloaded it previously, I suggest you download it again or use the "Shared" file from the European Emergency Vehicles file.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

jeronij

These are great news  :thumbsup: (specially for the euro players.... ;) )
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Swamper77

I've been working on a different project off and on as I get time to do so. The models are a bit complex, like Ripptide's models that he sent me. Here's the result of several weeks of off and on work on an automata conversion:

Pegasus has given me permission to convert the trucks and trailers from his CDK3 prop pack into automata. These are the first two that I have done so far. The semi was a bit of a hassle due to how far back the trailer sits from the cab. I finally figured out how to deal with the modeling to make it work. As you can see, I have also lit all the marker lights on the bobtail truck and the flatbed trailer. These are the base models for what I am doing. There is one other cab model for the semis, but I have yet to figure out how to handle the modeling for the automata version of it.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Rayden

Nice work Swamper  :thumbsup: I might have something for you, I'll PM you this weekend. ;)

Swamper77

Thanks Rayden. I'm glad to see someone enjoys the new content that I have been working on. Saturday will be the only day that I will be online this weekend. So that would be the best day to send the PM.

I'm out bowling on Friday night with friends at a Midnight Bowling event. I'm the designated driver since the bowling alley serves alcohol and a couple of my friends like to have such drinks once in a while. On Sunday, I'll be out LARPing as I do every Sunday.

I've been working all day on another semi cab from the collection of models that PEG sent me:

I need to adjust the trailer's height a bit so it won't collide with the splash guards that are in front of it when the semi takes corners. I also need to readjust the cab and chassis models so the trailer isn't sitting so far back on this one. The COE cab has been fixed so the trailer isn't so far behind the cab.

I'll be starting on a box trailer model that PEG sent me soon. Once that model is done, I will make the various variations of the trucks and trailers using the models that PEG has sent me. There's several base vehicle models and at least 3 variations/colors of the base models.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Swamper77

Just a minor update:

The top picture shows the corrected trailer position with the COE semi cab and the bottom one shows the new box trailer I finished off tonight. All I have left to do is all the variants of the models that I have done. Shouldn't take me more than a few hours (...famous last words...)

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

jeronij

Great progress so far &apls

This will be a great addition to the game's traffic  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Rayden

Quote from: Swamper77 on March 08, 2007, 07:59:29 PM
...I'm out bowling on Friday night with friends at a Midnight Bowling event. I'm the designated driver since the bowling alley serves alcohol and a couple of my friends like to have such drinks once in a while. On Sunday, I'll be out LARPing as I do every Sunday.
-Jan

Lol, that's exactly what I am most of the times when I hang out with my friends. I don't smoke or drink alcohol, so, I'm always the duty driver ;D :P well, I drink sometimes, but  never when I have to drive.

About your work, that's a very nice model of a Peterbilt  :thumbsup: [linkie]

PS: You got one two PMs  ;D

Cali

if it wasn't for you swamper, the automata in the game would still be full of old 50's style vehicles with no characteristics what so ever. thank you so much :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Swamper77

Today, I finished off the entire set and got the trucks and trailers working ingame:

Vehicle Manifest:
- Bobtail Trucks: Plain White and Vandy
- COE Semi Cabs: White, Orange, Green
- Tractor Semi Cabs: Green, Red, White
- Semi Trailers: Flatbed, White Semi Trailer, Vandy Semi Trailer, Grey Semi Trailer, PIE Semi Trailer, CF Semi Trailer

* "PIE" stands for "Pacific InterMountain Express" and "CF" stands "Consolidated Freightways". Both are Real World freight companies.

All the trucks and trailers have functioning lights which appear at night. The trucks are defined as additional freight vehicles and the trailers are assigned to these particular trucks. The new trailers will not appear attached to any of the Maxis semi cabs.

Once I get the okay from PEG, I will release these to the public via his site and the BSC LEX.

Replies:
@Jeronij: Thanks. I have gotten a bit bored/tired looking at the game's freight traffic, particularly in regards to semis. I have gotten some inspiration from a truck driving simulator/game that I play occasionally, so I may create some models from it for SC4. I can't retrieve the actual models, but I can create models that look like them or real world vehicles.

@Rayden: I got your PM's and the links to the PDFs. I have saved them to my hard drive to browse through later. Thanks for ID'ing the truck model as well.

About being the designated driver for my friends: I'm sort of forced to be the designated driver. Due to the anti-depressants that I am on, I'm not allowed to drink except for small sips just to have a taste of the drink(s).

@Cali: Thanks. I think Maxis could have done a better job on the creation/design of their vehicles. I guess that's what we have a modding community for ;).

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Pat

&apls &apls &apls

wow Jan what wonderful works these are and great job btw it is looking great i love them semi's - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Rayden

Quote from: Swamper77 on March 09, 2007, 08:32:37 PM...
@Jeronij: Thanks. I have gotten a bit bored/tired looking at the game's freight traffic, particularly in regards to semis. I have gotten some inspiration from a truck driving simulator/game that I play occasionally, so I may create some models from it for SC4. I can't retrieve the actual models, but I can create models that look like them or real world vehicles.

@Rayden: I got your PM's and the links to the PDFs. I have saved them to my hard drive to browse through later. Thanks for ID'ing the truck model as well.
-Jan

Wouldn't be that game 18 wheels of steel? That's how I recognize that truck, I do play that game too ocasionally ;)

Swamper77

Quote from: Rayden on March 09, 2007, 11:57:49 PM
Wouldn't be that game 18 wheels of steel? That's how I recognize that truck, I do play that game too ocasionally ;)
Yes, that is the very one. I have 18 WoS: Pedal to the Metal and 18 WoS: Convoy on my computers. I play them when I get bored of SC4 from time to time.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Swamper77

They're here!

I have uploaded the trucks to SC4D's BSC LEX. All 8 trucks and the 6 trailers are in one file for easy installation/removal. The new trucks will appear among the freight traffic on your roadways. The lights on all the trucks/trailers are operational at night, which should make for some neat night shots for CJ's ;)

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Cali

Swamper77

My secret side project is finally out:

In the process of making the skins for the Sprinter vans that are in the pack of Euro Emergency Vehicles that I uploaded to the BSC LEX, I created a plain van model. I modified that plain model a bit to have windows in the back doors and on the sides. So I have decided to release these passenger Sprinter vans to the public.

All 7 vans have icons for the MySim Car Catalog and will appear among the traffic in your cities when the DAT file that contains them is installed. The colors are: red, yellow, green, teal, pale blue, silver, and white. All the colors were selected from several searches across the net and with some help of Photoshop's eye dropper tool.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Cali

really cool, i see those vans alot here in cali so i definitly can use those. great work as always &apls

Rayden

Your new trucks...
I've downloaded them and installed. Already seen them in game and they look great. Any chance for a more skin variety? You know what I mean as you're also a 18 wheeler player. The one I use to love best was the Coca Cola one with SantaClaus and all the Xmas lights on it. But there was many others as well. If you need, I can get you some skins. I think I still have the link for one of the best 18 wheels of steel skins site.

Swamper77

Rayden,

If you can get me pics or links, I will see what I can do. Some semis were shipped with SG's drinks plants, but they aren't part of the normal freight traffic. Those only appear near the respective drinks plant.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!