• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Swamper's Garage

Started by Swamper77, January 11, 2007, 10:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamper77

@Adept2Rock: I have several European models in .3DS format from Ripptide of the BSC that I can work with. Let me get the base models together first.

@Adriano: Thanks for your support ;D

The time for release is drawing closer. I've updated the skins a bit and I have made the replacement mods from several of the units. Here are some updates:

Rural Fire Truck Updated:

The rural fire unit now has two pairs of ladders stacked on the back.

The pumper truck is now finished:

Detailed model that I received from Ripptide

Updated automata model as seen in GMAX

Ingame view

Ingame view

Rear detail
Yes, there is a pair of rotating beacons on the back of the truck and the animated model for the flashing lights contains parts for them when the lights are active.

Detail of the ladders

Detail of the pipes that are stacked on the truck

The Ladder Truck is also done:

Model as received from Ripptide

Automata-ready model in GMAX, awaiting export

Ingame view

Ingame view

I'm going to wait for a bit more feedback, and then I will turn them loose. Just as a reminder, here is the manifest of the contents of the download when I release it:

- Fire Chief's Car
- Rescue Units 1 and 2
- Ladder Truck*
- Pumper Unit 1*
- Rural Fire Truck (based on a Dodge Ram)*

The ones with an * will also be available as replacement units. The others are all additionals units.

The feedback I'm looking for is mainly on appearance, but I will take any comments/criticism that is sent my way.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

vester

Wow Swamper, you just taken my breath away. Great work, what can I say. All out of words.

bat

Swamper77

Just to let everyone know, the American fire units have been uploaded to the BSC LEX that is part of this site. European units are likely to be next since I have a folder of them that I haven't touched, except for the Euro Fire Truck that I did earlier.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

jeronij

Hello Swamper,

I always enjoy to come here and look to your automata models. They make remember my scale modelling times  ::)

Your contributions to the game are the most excellent quality  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Adept2Rock

Ok no problem swamper!!!Your trucks are very incroyable!!!It's most beautiful!I like it!! ;)
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

Adriano57

Hi Jan ! I want to say you that I allowed to take your model " EuroFireTruck " to make a French firetruck. I hope that it does not hamper you ? I hope that you like it =>Here . Your work on automatas is really magnificent ! I love your models. Answer me please.

Swamper77

Quote from: Adriano57 on February 06, 2007, 02:57:46 PM
Hi Jan ! I want to say you that I allowed to take your model " EuroFireTruck " to make a French firetruck. I hope that it does not hamper you ? I hope that you like it =>Here . Your work on automatas is really magnificent ! I love your models. Answer me please.
Adriano,

I don't mind that you made a French version of my model. I welcome reskins of my models with the following terms:

- Ripptide is credited with the creation of the detailed models that he sent me
- I am credited with the creation of the automata models that are based on Ripptide's models

So you are welcome to make reskins of any of my automata models I create. As I told Adept2Rock, I'll be doing European emergency vehicles next. So if you want to make localized versions of those after they are released, you have the "green light" to do so.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Adept2Rock

Thanks Swamper!!! ;)You are very kind!

Adriano: You're English, is very good! :D ;D It's true! ;)
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

Adriano57

Quote from: Swamper77 on February 06, 2007, 08:04:44 PM
So you are welcome to make reskins of any of my automata models I create. As I told Adept2Rock, I'll be doing European emergency vehicles next. So if you want to make localized versions of those after they are released, you have the "green light" to do so.

-Jan

Thank you very much Swamper. 

Don't worry I always mention your name and Ripptide when I make a personalized vehicle. I looks forward to the European vehicles !

Adept2Rock : Do you joke ? lol

Swamper77

I've started working on the European Emergency Vehicles Set. Here's a preview with the detailed models that Ripptide sent me:

The set will consist of a fire van, an ambulance van, and an European ladder truck. There is a model for a plain European fire truck, but I have already done it and released it as one of my first automata conversion releases ;)

The vans are plain at the moment because I want them to be as generic as possible. I would like to have some sort of marking for the ambulance van to indicate it is a medical unit. I would like to know which markings/symbols are used in Europe for ambulances/medical units. If you have any references, could you please post links or pics of the markings/symbols?

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Adept2Rock

If you want i can find pictures:

French Fire model

French Police car:

Emergency:SAMU

VoilĂ ! :thumbsup: ;)

In French Forum:

Adriano57

The  Mercedes truck is really magnificent ! Awesome work you have done the detail is amazing ! Great work, what can I say

Swamper77

Adriano,

The detailed models are not my work. They were created by Ripptide, a member of the BSC. He sent me his models so I could make automata out of them.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Cali

the detail of your emergency vehicles is amazing. great work sir :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Adriano57

OK. The models of Ripptide are really beautiful. I would like that he made this van Mercedes but with different gyrohares. 
It is a magnificent work all the same Swamper !

MsCharamut1969

Swamper, you've always had awesome BAT's   !!!keep up the good work!!!!CHARA

Swamper77

I took a break for a while and finally got the motivation to finish the European Emergency Vehicles set:

Proof that they are functional, even in UDI Mode.

The fire van will be a bit strange in the game. I had to define it as a fire truck so it could be dispatched. When at the scene of a fire, a group of firefighters and a hose will appear next to the van. This is the part that will be considered strange. There isn't much I can do about it since I can't define new classes of vehicles. I'd need to learn programming and EA would have to allow modifications to the EXE for that to work. The alternative is that I make the van an additional vehicle in the UDI Menu, but it won't be dispatchable if I do that.

I need to make replacement versions of the Euro Ladder Unit and the Ambulance Van for those that dislike the Maxis models of the fire truck and the ambulance. I also need to add a Red Cross symbol to indicate that the van is a medical unit. I don't intend to make different color/paint schemes. I will consider making another Developer Files set for people to make their own paint schemes.

Interesting Note:
I found out that the vans are modified versions of the Mercedes Sprinter van. The most noticeable difference is that the tail lights are in the rear bumper instead of the corners of the back end. I don't quite have the modeling skills to make put the tail lights in the corners of the back end. It shouldn't affect anything, but it will look a bit different than the Real World model.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Adriano57

"I will consider making another Developer Files set for people to make their own paint schemes."

It is a brilliant idea, thank you very much !

Your contributions to the game are wonderfull ! I am very impatient to have it

Pat

Quote from: Serkanner on January 23, 2007, 03:54:24 AM
Looking great Swamper ...  :thumbsup:

I know this isn't a request topic, but have you ever thought of making an "animal rescue" vehicle? That is a civilian type we don't have yet in the game.

Hey Jan just a thought for ya's to make the animal rescue vehical,
just reskin the Rural Fire Truck and make it white and changes the lights to yellow that would then look like a Animal Rescue Truck from Animal Planet Heroes Phoenix
btw that eruo ladder is just awsome lookin good keep up the hard work. - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie