• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ARIP problem

Started by deanva, February 13, 2012, 05:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanva

I have downloaded all the dependencies for the Airport Road Improvement Project, but whenever I try to use any of them in my game it crashes when I try to place into game. Any help you can give?

Voltaire

Prop & texture dependencies won't cause crashes like this, so my guess is a missing or damaged Cohort. All of Pat's ARP lots are self-contained except for that Cohort they all depend on. The file ARP_Roadway_essentials.dat contains this cohort, which should have been installed with all the other ARP materials.

Please try replacing your ARP_Roadway_essentials.dat with my reference copy attached to this post (make sure to un-zip it first). Let me know how it goes  :thumbsup:

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

deanva

I downloaded your copy, but it did not download as a zip file. The game still crashes though.

GMT

the download works perfect for me, as in it is a .zip file

... really, it is. I swear.

Voltaire

Quote from: GMT on February 15, 2012, 03:42:17 AM
the download works perfect for me, as in it is a .zip file
Quote from: deanva on February 14, 2012, 04:48:23 PM
I downloaded your copy, but it did not download as a zip file. The game still crashes though.

Perhaps a difference in browsers, or browser settings... so long as the actual .DAT file is being pulled out and put into the plugins, then we can eliminate it as the cause.

Important point: we're dealing with 2 separate projects from different authors: AC PLT Roads, and SCAG ARIP - each with their own dependencies and internal design.

Question 1: do all lots from both packages fail to plop, or just some?
Question 2a: did these lots work for awhile and then fail to plop, or never work at all?
Question 2b: are there multiple cities you successfully plopped them into?
Question 3: are you using DatPacker to consolidate plugins?
Qusetion 4: do you have the Cleanitol dependency-checking tool (so I can make a file for you to run)?

The next thing to try may be a standard remove/reinstall of both packages, which is much easier using Cleanitol... but it can only search through individual files, not the consolidated files DatPacker makes.

deanva

Everyone caused the game to crash every time I tried to use them. It did not make a difference if I tried it in another city the game still crashed. Both packages crash the game.

Voltaire

???   I'm puzzled, because the only thing I know of that will cause a crash-on-plop is a bad (or missing) building exemplar... which should have been solved by that small DAT file. Delete that file from your plugins, we're going to try something else.

Next, I need to know if you have BSC Cleanitol. It's a dependency-checker that can be of great help in this case.

Also I still need to know, do you use DatPacker? If you don't know what it is, that's fine - just say so. It matters because the next step is for me to give you a custom Cleanitol file, which won't work if datpacker is used on your plugins.

deanva

I do have BSC Cleantool and to my knowledge do not have the DatPacker installed. Which dat file do I need to delete if you make a new file for me?

Voltaire

Quote from: deanva on April 02, 2012, 05:12:27 PM
Which dat file do I need to delete if you make a new file for me?

I meant the DAT attached to my first reply... it's unnecessary now, since it didn't solve the problem.

To get some more clues, I need you to download the attachment of this post, and run it with Cleanitol.

The attachment should download as a ZIP, with a TXT inside. Make sure your browser isn't just opening the file - you want to save the download (in a folder such as My Documents). Then go to that folder and unzip the file, it should make a new TXT called Cleanitol -- check_AC-PLTRoads_and_SCAG-ARIP.txt

Open Cleanitol, load that TXT then press "Locating files". Cleanitol will print out a report on-screen, with the filenames and their folders.

Use the mouse cursor to select the entire report, then copy-and-paste all of it into a post here. This will hopefully give some clues about your plugins.

For now just Quit cleanitol - do not press "Backup Now" (because it'll remove dependencies of other packages). After I review the report, I'll make another set of Cleanitol files to remove any problems.

jmyers2043

Quote from: deanva on April 07, 2012, 06:53:22 PM
.... I tried different was to get it to work and ran cleantool. Here is the report.**************************************************
                    R E P O R T

Let me see if I understand. You ran clean-it-all and it generated that report? Youre plugins folder has a lot of unnecessary files if that is the case because it is reporting that you have a lot of files not used by the game.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Voltaire

Quote from: deanva on April 07, 2012, 06:53:22 PM
Your file downloads as a php which Windows XP will not open

This is a problem we must solve, because I need your computer to run my Cleanitol lists.

The file you used, cleanuplist.txt, does not check for any of the files I need to know about. But this was not wasted effort, because your report shows many extra files that can be removed!  Installers, images, and readme files should not be in your Plugins.

So, go ahead and run Cleanitol again, with cleanuplist.txt, and do press "Backing Up" this time. That will remove all the leftover files you don't need. Your game will now load faster  :thumbsup:

Next we need to fix that download issue... so that you can use my ZIP. That attachment link should work in FF and IE.

Please post all the web browsers you have, and what version they are (choose Help menu, then About...). Knowing the browser version number is important, because the SC4D forum is based on newer software that old browsers won't cope with.

Also I need to know if you have any ad-blockers or script blockers running -- they could be standalone browser plugins, or part of internet-security software.

deanva

There are three web browsers I have on my computer IE 8,  Firefox which I download my SC4 was version8 and just upgraded to version 11, and AOL 9.5 not sure if any ad blocker unless Comodo is doing something I am not aware of.

Voltaire

Thanks deanva,

According to the Cleanitol report there are duplicate copies of ARP_Roadway_essentials.dat in these folders:
C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\plugins\ARP_cohort\
C:\Documents and Settings\Dean\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP\

There are two possible solutions:

option 1) Install AC Essentials in order to replace both files. This will give you a known-good copy of the ARP essentials. The AC Essentials download comes with a Cleanitol file, Cleanitol_AC_Essentials.txt. Running that file with the 'Backup Now' button will remove your duplicates along with dozens of other old files.

option 2) Remove one of the duplicate ARP_Roadway_essentials.dat files. I suggest removing the one in your MyDocs plugins; since it would load last it's more likely to be the cause.

Hopefully this will resolve all the issues at once... let me know which steps you follow, and how it turns out  :thumbsup:

deanva

After using your clean tool some of my other files got deleted. I had to download and install them and then delete some of the files for the ARIP and then download and make sure to unblock all the files. I have tried the ARIP in the game and so far the game does no crash to the desk top.

fuxxx

Hey Voltaire, I have the same problem.

I tried my best to follow your advices, but I coudn't fix it.

I ran Cleantool with your file "Cleanitol -- check_AC-PLTRoads_and_SCAG-ARIP".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    R E P O R T
SCAG-ARIP_essentials.dat (SCAG-ARIP_essentials.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\SimCity Aviation Group\ARIP
SCAG-ARIP_jetway.dat (SCAG-ARIP_jetway.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\SimCity Aviation Group\ARIP
SCAG-ARIP_textures-rhd.dat (SCAG-ARIP_textures-rhd.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\SimCity Aviation Group\ARIP
SCAG-ARIP_textures.dat (SCAG-ARIP_textures.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\SimCity Aviation Group\ARIP
SCAG-ARIP_vol1.dat (SCAG-ARIP_vol1.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\SimCity Aviation Group\ARIP
AC MEGA Props Vol02.dat (AC MEGA Props Vol02.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\X-Ports\Airports\Props
AC MEGA Textures Vol01.dat (AC MEGA Textures Vol01.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\X-Ports\Airports\Textures
AC MEGA Textures Vol02.dat (AC MEGA Textures Vol02.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\X-Ports\Airports\Textures
VLT-Textures_Series2.dat (VLT-Textures_Series2.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\X-Ports\Airports\Textures
AC Essentials March 2012.dat (AC Essentials March 2012.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team
ACB_VLT_Series2_Cohorts.dat (ACB_VLT_Series2_Cohorts.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team
ARP_Roadway.dat (ARP_Roadway.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
ARP_Roadway_essentials.dat (ARP_Roadway_essentials.dat)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_Crn_57a011fe.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_Crn_57a011fe.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_1796c7d5.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_1796c7d5.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_3_97d37af8.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_3_97d37af8.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_Arrow_5796c81c.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_Arrow_5796c81c.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_LineWhite_3796c7fe.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_LineWhite_3796c7fe.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_LineWhite_Offset_78c4b0ce.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_LineWhite_Offset_78c4b0ce.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_LineYellow_7796c7eb.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_LineYellow_7796c7eb.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_Stop_b796c814.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_Ortho_Stop_b796c814.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_TIntrsct1_b796c73c.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_TIntrsct1_b796c73c.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_TIntrsct2_1796c74c.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_TIntrsct2_1796c74c.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_TWYCrs_f796c8c0.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_TWYCrs_f796c8c0.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_XIntrsct1_b796c77f.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_XIntrsct1_b796c77f.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
plt_ARP_Roadway_XIntrsct2_9796c78b.SC4Lot (plt_ARP_Roadway_XIntrsct2_9796c78b.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Users\Dom\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\AC Team\ARP
You seem to be up to date with needed dependancies

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Would you please have a look at this report and help me to build my custom AP  ;)

Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: updated the Cleantool Report

fuxxx

Hmpf...additionally to the crashes with ARIP and PLT I have problems with some airplanes (A30B, A30F etc.) and grass textures. They all are leading to a game crash.
Do I missing a basic dependancy?

I really have no clue...
would be great if someone can help me.

Voltaire

Sorry for the wait, I haven't been on the forums for a few weeks.

I notice duplicate exemplars in your Cleanitol report, did you use the AC Essentials' cleanitol file? It was packed in the AC Essentials' ZIP, alongside the installer.

Most of the time, there is no "magic bullet" surgical solution to these issues, and the quick way to eliminate problems with a plugin is to bulldoze all of them, delete the plugin, download a new copy, and reinstall. All its dependencies too. This seems to have worked for deanva, have you tried it already?

simcity14djedu

i have the same problems with the ARP and ARIP, but i have this problem (crash-on-plop) too on SCAG's TMIP. how did i can fix this?

Voltaire

Like I noted in my last reply, the solution for deanva was to uninstall the dependency packs and reinstall them. Since he reinstalled several packs at once, the specific cause was never determined.

I've never been able to reproduce the problem, so the only thing I can say is to try what others have tried: reinstallation of the lot packs and dependencies.

If you're interested in narrowing down the cause, Use basic process-of-elimination: only reinstall one pack at a time (then play the game and plop that pack's lots) until something goes wrong.

simcity14djedu

I have re-installed all the dependencies listed in the Cleanitol nor the Readme file, but it still crashes. Do you have another solution?  &hlp