• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Honorable125, I just checked on your account, and it looks like it's activated and you've managed to download a few things today--is everything working now?

-Alex

PaPa-J

I just changed my password for the LEX and now I am unable to login.  Does this take a while to authenticate of is there a problem?  Please help!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

lbuttles

Its been a while and I cannot connect to the lex downloads page with my account

Tarkus

Hi lbuttles-

Based on what I'm seeing with the LEX user database, I am unable to find an account for you.  I searched for lbuttles, as well as trying to search for the email address you have on file, and your IP address.  The forums and LEX do have separate databases, and thus, separate accounts, so your forum account would not give you access.  If you did register a separate account there on the LEX, I'd need to know the username for it, since I can't find it based on the information I have at present.

Otherwise, I'd recommend simply opening a new account.

-Alex

luisrusso

Hello Tarkus!

I'd really appreciate if you could help me! My username on LEX is ruipreto, my email is [removed for your safety]. I have forgotten my password so I've requested that LEX send me an email to create a new password. However, and despite having tried a number of times, unfortunately the validation email from LEX has never arrived in my inbox. I've checked all the spam folders and have even tried creating a new account with a different email, but I'm not succeding in having the email sent to the other email either.

Could you please activate my account manually?

Thank you in advance!

Luís

Tarkus

Hi Luís-

It looks like the ruipreto account is actually associated with a different (presumably older) email you listed (which I've edited out, for your privacy, and so you don't get bombarded by spambots who crawl the internet looking for email addresses out in the open).  That would probably explain why the password reset email didn't come through. 

Since it's very clear that that account is yours, I've gone ahead and updated it to use your current email, so you should be able to try the password reset again.  If it still doesn't work, I'll do a manual reset for you.

-Alex

luisrusso

Solved! Thank you very much (also for redacting the email; I didn't think of the bots!)

Best,

Luís

Arctomy

Hey Tarkus,

I'm new to Sim City 4 and I've been downloading some mods. Most of these mods however have dependencies that I can only find on the Lex. I tried signing up, but I haven't received any verification email.

My user's minisaltyking

Thx!

Tarkus

Hi Arctomy--welcome to the world of SimCity 4 custom content, and to SC4 Devotion!  I've manually activated your minisaltyking account on the LEX, so it should now work.  Hope you enjoy!

-Alex

Eaglecities175

Here's the problem, I have several sign ins, and I cannot login due to the fact my e-mail is already in use even when I wish to reset it. I want to download some dependencies for my SC4. That's why I'm here.

David sheehan jr.

I cannot access Lex Downloads. Every time it says. Access denied. Contact the webmaster. Any help?

Tarkus

That's really strange--I've looked at your account, and there's nothing with the settings on it that should be blocking you from downloading.  If you're getting an actual "access denied" message, that would suggest the links you're following are bad.  Make sure you log in from the front page of the LEX before attempting to download things, as the pop-up login box that sometimes shows up if you attempt to load up a file's description page without already being logged in can be unreliable.  Also make sure your browser is set to allow (or at least, to not block) cookies from sc4devotion.com.

-Alex

Scatterd Times

hey, just trying to receive the LEX activation email. My email is [removed for your protection from spambots -Tarkus].
cheers

Tarkus

Hi Scatterd Times, I've just manually activated your account, and also removed your email address from your post, so spambots don't pick it up and bombard you.   Hope you enjoy the LEX!

-Alex

Tonas1997

Same here. I can't access the LEX because...

"An account with this username and/or e-mail already exists. If you forgot your password, please use the password reset form on the index page."

But when I try to recover said password with the exact same credentials...

"Could not find any users with that username. If this problem persists, contact a staff member at SC4Devotion."

()what() ()what() ()what()

D_Dario

Hi... i have the same problem to register to SC4D LEX...

"An account with this username and/or e-mail already exists. If you forgot your password, please use the password reset form on the index page."

I try to reset the password, i read that the password is reset and check the mail... but in the mail there isnt't...

Now i have sent a mail to administrator..

Tarkus

Hi D_Dario, I've just sent you a PM with details.

Since you brought up the "email the webmaster" option, I did want to note for anyone else dealing with password reset/activation issues that using that option is pretty much non-functional, and is the worst way to get help with the LEX.  Posting on the forums either here or on Simtropolis, or stopping by our Discord are all more effective ways.  The forum and Discord options will usually get you a resolution within a couple days at the most. 

-Alex