• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barroco Hispano BAT Thread

Started by Barroco Hispano, August 26, 2018, 08:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barroco Hispano

I think now the colors are starting to look a little better.

Pinus Elliotti:

Pinus Sylvestris

Barroco Hispano

Girafe

The models look nice. Regarding the color, it's difficult to get a proper opinion with the rendered view of 3dsmax.

Color palette in game would be the reference and still, I would be cautious as you will mainly focus on the colors / tone / saturation of the terrain mod which are sometimes not correct. I would advice to always check in game all your export, you could be surprised. A tiny change in 3dsmax could be much bigger in game.

Rendering a tree view should not take more than 5min even in old computer. The texture should be plain and not include alpha maps which (A. increase drastically the render timing, B. will make the coloring of your leaves even more complex). Better to have millions poly tree fully modeled than few thousands poly tree with alpha maps leaves.
Therefore, select well the models of your trees. Pines are the most difficult as the needles are rarely modeled but rendered with alpha maps.

Note: to speed tree rendering, select all your shapes, right click, object properties, check return black
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Barroco Hispano

@Girafe I will export the smaller trees to see what they look like in Simcity 4.

These pines have millions of polygons even using simple geometry, I also use alpha channels to add more detail.

By the way, the trees were bought in maxtree by a friend for his projects and he sent them to me. I can make new versions of the trees because I have the growfx files but I don't have a GrowFX license ($ 325 per year).

Pinus Syluestriformis:

Barroco Hispano

Badsim

Hi,

Quote from: alejogc13 on August 02, 2020, 03:01:01 PM

@Badsim Getting the color of a tree is a real nightmare for me, I wasted 90 minutes rendering and didn't get the right color...

The FSHs replacement isn't easier on that point, what I see in game isn't what I see in Photoshop ... I need several corrections to get the result I want, fortunately, it doesn't take me 90 minutes to check  the results of my experiments; I would have given up. $%Grinno$%

I'm amazed by all your gems, but trees... nothing competes my hunger for trees and  right now I feel here like a temperamental child : I want them all.  ;D

&apls &apls &apls

Currently I'm planning to improve Orange_o_'s Populus (Populus nigra var. italica) from VIP Rural Pack Vol1,

Girafe made some others since but they aren't the same specie... let me know if you have some in your collection, so I would devote my time to other small flora. Thank you. :thumbsup:

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Barroco Hispano

@Badsim Unfortunately, I do not have those trees (I do not rule out that in the future I have them).

Generic Dump Truck (Not textured yet):

Pinus Sylvestris:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

Generic Dump Truck:

2020 Volvo FH16:

2011 Mercedes Benz G500:

2020 Peugeot 208:

Beach sims:

I noticed that I have 1077 .max files ready to export  $%Grinno$%
Barroco Hispano

Girafe

this beach sims would be so nice as MMP  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

BartonThinks

Quote from: Badsim on August 07, 2020, 02:25:03 AMCurrently I'm planning to improve Orange_o_'s Populus (Populus nigra var. italica) from VIP Rural Pack Vol1
That would be deeply appreciated! I love how these trees look at Zoom 5 and 6, but the greens are distractingly bright at other Zoom levels. The Cascadia tree controller uses them for valleys and riverbanks, so they always pop up in my regions. I'd love to have a version that retains the quality of the modeling, but without the overly bright colors.

Barroco Hispano

@Girafe Very soon I will release my DLC. :thumbsup:  :D

Beach Sims 2:

I put them all together so I don't have to render them one by one. I will export them separately.

2020 Iveco S-Way:

2020 Iveco S-Way:

Caterpillar 785D:

2015 Caterpillar CT680:

2011 Caterpillar CT610:

2002 International DuraStar Tow Truck:

Barroco Hispano

Badsim

Quote from: alejogc13 on August 09, 2020, 01:51:31 PM

I noticed that I have 1077 .max files ready to export  $%Grinno$%

That's totally crazy; how are you (and us, poor of us... ::) ) gonna handle this ? ()what()  OK, to create is your addiction, and I know what it is... ;) that's why I start to worry. That said, nothing is owed to us, and fantasizing here is already a lot.

&apls &apls &apls

Quote from: BartonThinks on August 11, 2020, 12:43:59 AM

Quote from: Badsim on August 07, 2020, 02:25:03 AMCurrently I'm planning to improve Orange_o_'s Populus (Populus nigra var. italica) from VIP Rural Pack Vol1
That would be deeply appreciated! I love how these trees look at Zoom 5 and 6, but the greens are distractingly bright at other Zoom levels. The Cascadia tree controller uses them for valleys and riverbanks, so they always pop up in my regions. I'd love to have a version that retains the quality of the modeling, but without the overly bright colors.

Hi, BartonThinks, that's almost done... and can be followed Here

;)

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Barroco Hispano

@Badsim, When I can buy a new computer I will be able to render it all in a couple of months.  :thumbsup:

1977 De Tomaso Pantera GTS:

1971 Plymouth Satellite:

2017 Mercedes Benz CLA-45 AMG:

2012 Mercedes Benz C-63 AMG Black Series:

2015 Volkswagen Golf R Estate:

2013 Skoda Octavia Combi:

2017 Porsche Macan GTS:

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S:

2010 Renault Clio RS:

2014 BMW i3:

2019 Gumpert Apollo Intensa Emozione:

Open the image in a new tab to see it in full resolution:

Version 2:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

My PC died

In the best of cases I will return at the end of September because buying a new pc is more expensive than I thought.

:crytissue:

Barroco Hispano

Badsim

I feel sorry for you... &mmm

September is gonna look longer than usual...  /wrrd%&

C.

belfastsocrates

Love the new models. Particular fan of the European style trucks with the aerodynamic cab roof. Missing those in-game.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

fantozzi

Ernestmaxis

I hope non of these amazing content has been lost it would be shame. It really is Art amazing skill you have!
Alexjogc13 is it also for download in the Lex? :) I have found only a few on Simtropolis..

Barroco Hispano

@Ernestmaxis Very soon I will export everything I have.

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

The seams can still be seen in the texture (Maybe I'll redo the texture).

Open the image in a new tab to see it in full resolution

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

New version:

OPEN THE IMAGE IN A NEW TAB TO SEE IT IN FULL RESOLUTION:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

Pinus Halepensis:

2017 Lamborghini Centenario:

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class:

2018 Ford Expedition MAX:

Barroco Hispano