• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barroco Hispano BAT Thread

Started by Barroco Hispano, August 26, 2018, 08:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barroco Hispano

I improved my grass texture

OPEN THE IMAGE IN A NEW TAB TO SEE IT IN FULL RESOLUTION

Sturmtiger:

Barroco Hispano

Girafe

Indeed, the grass texture seems much better than previous version.  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Barroco Hispano

@girafe I tried to make a better texture but this texture will not have any use anyway since I decided to make a terrain mod inspired by Malaga, Seville and Mallorca, Spain.

OPEN THE IMAGES IN A NEW TAB TO SEE IT IN FULL RESOLUTION:

2012 Land Rover Defender Expedition:

2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Small Cab:

2002 Nissan Skyline:

2015 Dodge Charger Police:

Alpinist:

girl:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

2014 Lamborghini Huracan Modified:

2015 Ford F-150 Lariat CrewCab:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

2013 Peugeot 208 T16:

2016 Ranger Rover Evoque:

2020 McLaren GT:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

2020 Tesla Model Y:

2011 Lamborghini Aventador:

2010 Citroen C4 WRC:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

2014 Ford Transit L2H3:

2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta (Without Livery $%Grinno$%):

2020 Koenisegg Jesko:

2013 Pagani Zonda R:

2019 Bugatti Divo:

Barroco Hispano

Badsim

Hi,

I'm particularly fond  of  the pastel palette of your Terrain Mod and impressed by the textures transition ... May I ask which value is used there for the TextureBlendStrength property ?

Quote from: alejogc13 on June 14, 2020, 10:47:43 AM

Too bad we can't do something like this in SimCity 4.

Indeed !  &sly

Everything else is somptuous, as per usual .  &apls &apls &apls

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Barroco Hispano

@Badsim I did that with photoshop.  ()sad()

About my terrain mod is paused because I'm a little lonely on this. I don't even know how to modify the .ini to get a land like Greece, Marbella, Corsica or the C�d'Azur. I can do a lot of textures quickly but even if I watch videos or photos I can't find good reference images to get inspired.

I made these textures in 5 minutes (Yes, I must improve the texture to make the repetitions less obvious)

OPEN THE IMAGES IN A NEW TAB TO SEE IT IN FULL RESOLUTION:

I can change the color of the grass and rocks at any time if I want.

edit:

I can make it more rocky if I want

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

I realized that I need to export my trees in order to continue with my terrain mod.

Ficus Carica (Common Fig):

Now I have a problem  :'(

1. Can someone help me export these .fbx files to .obj?

I cannot import the files to 3ds max or blender because in each file there are 5 trees that add up to a few million polygons and my PC cannot handle them (I have a i3-4130T and 4GB Ram  &mmm) .

At least with the .obj format I can import each tree individually so my computer doesn't crash. If you are interested in helping me just send me a DM and I will upload the files so you can download them (You must have a good internet speed because the file size is 5.7 gb).

This is what a file looks like when you open it.

By the way, it is not necessary that you have 3ds max, you just need any of the latest versions of blender, a powerful PC and a good internet speed to be able to download and upload the files.

Barroco Hispano

Badsim

Hi,

I can't help you on that one ;D ...  I can just repeat my offer to Mod MMPs with all your gems when that time will come, you know that's a boring task, and I wasted a lot of time to re-Mod all MMPs that aren't mine with the most efficient kSC4FloraParametersProperty (don't be late too much, that said, while we're drooling in front of your gems since 2 years, I'm approaching 60 y.o. so who knows what can happens... :D )

Yep, I've seen Pinus Halepensis is (are ?) on your tree list. It is THE mediterranean pine so I can't wait to plop them everywhere replacing some C.P.'s pines resized down that I'm currently using as substitute ...  :P

Quote from: alejogc13 on July 19, 2020, 09:30:40 AM

@Badsim I did that with photoshop.  ()sad()

I understood that that picture was made with Photoshop, I was requesting about all others, that one for example:

Each texture has its own TextureBlendStrength property who determines the smoothness of its transition with the others ;

Experimenting a lot of values while Moding my own Terrain Mod, I did never get that softness...  ;)

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Barroco Hispano

@Badsim

"I can just repeat my offer to Mod MMPs w..."

- That would be very helpful  :thumbsup:

"Yep, I've seen Pinus Halepensis is (are ?)..."

- I have 6 Pinus Halepensis.  :P

"Each texture has its own TextureBlendStrength property who determines the smoothness of its transition with the others..."

- I use Gobias Sudden Valley terrain mod and have not modified that property yet.

Ficus carica (Common Fig):

Cupressus_sempervirens

This lemon tree looks so small...

It looks more like a bush than a tree...

At least they will look good in the game  ;D

I have 130 of these beauties xD.

2018 Rolls Royce Phantom:

2020 Mercedes-Benz EQC:

2014 Toyota LC Prado:

2019 Mitsubishi LC200 Crew Cab:

2017 Lincoln Navigator Black Label:

2012 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder:

2013 Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead:

2014 Rolls Royce Wraith:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

@Badsim

I must improve the color.

Barroco Hispano

Badsim

I must improve the color.

Maybe, certainly, absolutely... but I'm already &dd by the model.

&apls &apls &apls

That's always a fresh emotion, and I'm sure that's true for us all, to see something we know particularly well, we can see everyday near us, oneday finally brought in SC4; for sure one the essential key of the game longevity.

I would need your MMP range (and at which adress I can start if you already have used some) for preparatory works; pre-filled MMP.dat files having each 20 examplars or 30 max , by experience, I don't think longer sequences would be fully used.  Now , it's up to you to start to think about how to organize your files, for exemple, cars ortho/diag/x angle sorted out by wealth/brand ... or whatever you have in mind. ;)

C.

Barroco Hispano

"Maybe, certainly, absolutely..."

- Unfortunately, I can't find good references on google images (Maybe I'll find good reference videos on youtube).

"I would need your MMP range..."

- That will take a while because I have to buy a new PC first because my current PC can barely render a tree view.  :(
  The good news is that I have hundreds of trees.  :D
Barroco Hispano

Badsim

Quote from: alejogc13 on July 29, 2020, 06:04:56 AM

- Unfortunately, I can't find good references on google images (Maybe I'll find good reference videos on youtube).

Uneasy to be objective... It depends of the period of the year (fresh pine needles of the year are more pale than older ones) , of the period of the day, of the weather of the day, of our mood of the day :D ... Try a google image search with french terms ( Pin d'Alep / Pin blanc de Provence or Pin de Jerusalem) but the more you'll browse pictures, the more you'll get hesitant ...  $%Grinno$%

That one looks very familiar to my eyes;

Full sizes 1600X1067

I know that modeling views are darker than in game ones, I would say that yours mostly need a subtle yellowish touch ... :P

C.

Barroco Hispano

@Badsim Getting the color of a tree is a real nightmare for me, I wasted 90 minutes rendering and didn't get the right color...

Araucaria Angustifolia:

Pinus Bungeana:

It looks like I am using the same color for all my trees.  :angrymore:

2017 Volkswagen Crafter L1H2:

2020 Mercedes Benz GLE:

2019 Volkswagen Jetta:

2019 Suzuki Jimny Sierra:

2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor:

2019 Toyota RAV4:

2017 Rolls Royce Ghost:

2017 Rolls Royce Dawn:

2017 Lincoln Continental:

The texture of the reflection and my glass material is horrible.  &mmm

I think using the 133% scale on all axes is the best I could have done because this way all my BATs will be proportional. I don't even think it looks oversized just look at how small my trees look even when they're 33% bigger than in real life.

Zoom 6:

Zoon 5:

I also noticed that cars look pretty big in real life.

(Open the image in a new tab)

Barroco Hispano

Tyberius06

Ok, so from the top to the bottom, you can bring them all to us! :)  &apls &apls &apls &apls  :popcorn: :popcorn:

Awesome work!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mattb325

Very nice models!

Both green and blue are difficult colours to satisfactorily emulate in the SC4 environment as the lighting rig has a warm red/orange/peach hue to it. Add to the fact that all colours must be very desaturated to fit in with the game and that the game is using 20 year old technology and you will need to make a number of changes to compensate.

It helps to understand that while >90% of all plants are green, each type of green plant primarily has three different base tones to make up that green: blue, red and yellow.

Most cool and temperate climate conifers typically have a blue base tone, most broadleaf evergreens typically have a red base tone and deciduous broadleaf trees can have any combination of the three. There are of course exceptions to every rule but the base tone colours tend not to change.

All araucarias typically have a blue base tone in real life. The colour you have used is a variant of (approximately) RGB 65|74|3 which is more aligned to the red/yellow end of the spectrum. This is why, once in the desaturated palette of SC4, it reads as the same green as your other flora.

I would suggest changing it to something like RGB 60|79|25 and then increase the Hue (approx 80) and Value (approx 30) to return to the warm mid-green.
That way, your tree will read as blue-green in the lighter and darker values while your normal leaves will still largely have the same green as you are using now (which fits in well with the game's palette).

Barroco Hispano

@mattb325 Thanks for the advice, tomorrow I will do some tests to see how it goes  :thumbsup:

Alfa Nero (Work in progress):

Open the image in a new tab to see it in full resolution

2015 Rolls Royce Phantom:

Barroco Hispano