• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

It appears our index keeper has been offline since June 2017.  I am unaware of the current whereabouts of the spreadsheet, but I have been able to determine the pattern that was being used, and can at least temporarily issue ranges accordingly.  Note, however, that I will not be taking over the responsibility of maintaining the index, beyond clearing this current backlog. 

First off:

Quote from: Akallan on August 05, 2017, 11:38:08 AM
Hello geoffhaw, can I ask you a second textures range please? Thank you.

It appears, based on the pattern, that your original range should have actually been larger--instead of 0xF8DC0000 to 0xF8DDFFFF, it should actually be 0xF8DC0000 to 0xF8DFFFFF.  The initial assignment actually left the whole block of 0xF8DE-0xF8DF unused.  In any case, knowing how many textures you've been producing, the next block looks to be 0xF8E40000 to 0xF8E7FFFF, which can be yours as well.

Quote from: analog.octavian on November 26, 2017, 04:38:58 PM
May I please have a texture range?
Cheers.

Following on from the last request, it appears your range should be 0xF8E80000 to 0xF8EBFFFF.

Quote from: SC4l0ver on January 25, 2018, 07:29:59 AM
Hello guys!  :)

May I have a texture range?

Thanks.

Continuing the pattern, it looks as though your range finishes off the F8Ex block--0xF8EC0000 to 0xF8EFFFFF.

The SC4D Staff will be discussing what to do with the Texture Index going forward, though in the short term, we should be able to at least service new requests, provided there isn't a sudden surge that eats through the current block.  Thanks to SC4l0ver for alerting me to the situation, and thank you to everyone for their patience.

-Alex

Hi Tarkus,may you please assign me a texture range please,do not want to create any conflicts please,know how annoying it can be.

Hi again,sorry to bother,but i am still waiting for a response on getting new texture codes,please help. :thumbsup:

Tarkus

If we follow the pattern, 0xF8F00000 to 0xF8F3FFFF should be the next range.  I don't have access to the spreadsheet (or know its whereabouts), so I can't verify.

I am still just a fill-in here as well, and my RL schedule has been in flux of late, so confirmation on ranges may take a few days--apologies for any inconvenience.

At present, it would also appear we are approaching 0xFFFFFFFF, though it'll take 451 range assignments for us to hit it (3 more in the F8 block, then F9, FA, FB, FC, FD, FE, and FF each have 64).  With the slow pace of activity, I don't anticipate we'll have another 451 range assignments anytime soon, but lacking the spreadsheet would become a big issue should we ever reach that point.

-Alex

catty

Quote from: Tarkus on July 30, 2018, 03:42:40 PM
....but lacking the spreadsheet would become a big issue should we ever reach that point.

He did used to upload the spreadsheet onto the STEX as a backup

....goes and has a rummage ....

Here you go

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/3768-bsc-texture-index/

It was last updated back in Jan 2005, I think I have a more recent one .... not sure as I'm as work so can't check ...

:thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

jodavis15

Could I get a texture range, please?

Thank you, Jo

Tarkus

Based on the pattern, the next available range should be 0xF8F40000 to 0xF8F7FFFF.

-Alex

Barroco Hispano

I need a texture range  :D
Barroco Hispano

inkrender

Hello, I would like to request a texture range  :)

dannyd1993

I'd like a range also, please.

paddy0174

And while you're at it...may I ask for a range myself, please. Thanks! :)
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

Tarkus

inkrender, yours should be 0xF8FC0000 to 0xF8FFFFFF.

dannyd1993, looks like you'll start off the next block--0xF9000000 to 0xF903FFFF.

And paddy0174, yours should be 0xF9040000 to 0xF907FFFF.

-Alex

ElPhantasmo69

Hi Team,

May I have a texture range please?

Thanks in advance!  :)

Tarkus

ElPhantasmo69, your range should be 0xF9080000 to 0xF90BFFFF

-Alex

nathkel

Quote from: Tarkus on February 28, 2018, 05:14:25 PM

Quote from: Akallan on August 05, 2017, 11:38:08 AM
Hello geoffhaw, can I ask you a second textures range please? Thank you.

It appears, based on the pattern, that your original range should have actually been larger--instead of 0xF8DC0000 to 0xF8DDFFFF, it should actually be 0xF8DC0000 to 0xF8DFFFFF.  The initial assignment actually left the whole block of 0xF8DE-0xF8DF unused.  In any case, knowing how many textures you've been producing, the next block looks to be 0xF8E40000 to 0xF8E7FFFF, which can be yours as well.

I want to make sure: i'm about to start creating textures and applying them to lots, and i was told (from a post a few years back) that i was assigned IIDs F8DExxxx. That still stands, right?

Tarkus

Hi nathkel-

Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where I had to rely on guesswork, since none of us actually have the spreadsheet for the full index, and geoffhaw was out of commission for some time--and sadly, passed away back in November. 

It seemed odd to me at the time that Akallan's range was only half of what had been normally assigned, especially given how prolific he was, and I had not anticipated that Geoff would have broken his usual pattern, and jumped up from 0xF88 to 0xF8D to give both you and ezequiel558 ranges that were only a quarter of a standard block 4 years ago. 

This does, unfortunately, mean that there is a conflict here in the index.

I've checked over Akallan's main release, the Swiss Network Textures (SNT), which is an extremely exhaustive texture mod, and it does appear 0xF8DE#### and 0xF8DF#### are, in fact, in use there, as are IIDs from pretty much each segment of the two full blocks (0xF8DC-0xF8DF and 0xF8E4-0xF8E7) I had allotted him.

I want to offer my profuse apologies for my error here, and thank you for catching it.  In compensation, based on the (limited) information I have, it does appear the 0xF90C-0xF90F block (IIDs 0xF90C0000 through 0xF90FFFFF) would be available.  If you do indeed still only want the quarter block (which there had been some discussion about making the standard block size), then I can allot you just 0xF90C.

It does not appear that ezequiel558 has been active or released anything since making that request--I will, however, make the attempt at contact, and allot a new range, following your new one.

This whole situation ultimately underscores the need to re-assemble the spreadsheet before assigning any further ranges.  We are quite literally having to blindly follow forth from the last consistent pattern, and cannot see these sorts of unusual jumps that may also exist elsewhere.  The effort of re-assembly is not going to be an easy one, either, since we are talking about a rather intensive archaeological dig through 14 years of posts, across two sites.

I would still prefer not to be the one responsible for the index going forward--there has been some interest from others, and I hope to be able to pass it along soon, aiding with the transition (and spreadsheet re-assembly) as best I can.

-Alex

nathkel

Yes, i would prefer you not get bogged down with this as well; you have many other more important tasks. You need an administrative assistant! :D

Thanks for the number range — i'll use F90Cxxxx - F90Fxxxx. I didn't get very far setting up the textures for GoFSH, so renumbering won't be too bad.

mgb204

Check out this handy tool for Bulk File Renaming, I use it all the time and it makes things like this easy. Since it should be just a matter of a replace operation changing the previous texture family ID (first 4 digits), to the newly assigned one.

Duco

Quote from: Tarkus on June 20, 2019, 01:59:41 AM

This does, unfortunately, mean that there is a conflict here in the index.

This whole situation ultimately underscores the need to re-assemble the spreadsheet before assigning any further ranges. 

So, I wanted to request an ID range, but I understand this is a 'bad' moment to do?