• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Abelfarei

Started by CabraBuitre, February 04, 2007, 10:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

An absolutely spectacular update. I would be interested to see a zoomed out pic (or a zoomed in mosaic) of the whole memorial park. Did you make the parks yourself (particularly the garden paths at the bottom of the first pic) or are they dl'ed? They are so intricately done, they must have taken you some time to put together. This has raised the bar on an already superb MD.

kimcar

&apls &apls Fantastic gardens. Great use of it . Very colored too. :thumbsup:

CabraBuitre

RESPONSES

dedgren-  Thanks for finding a spot for this again... Like I said before I don't necessarily have a ton of time for posting, etc, but I am constantly working on this and plan to update when I do have time!  I think I started it as a CJ on simtropolis in May 2005 and I've played off an on since then.  That was back in the "glory days" of ST, when a lot of legendary members were in our midst.  As time has gone on and the game has aged, it's interesting to see how so many have gone, but also how many new great people are contributing to the game!

kwakelaar-  I've really spent quite a while trying to find tune each of the individual garden pieces.  Maybe if I get a chance, I'll show each individual piece that makes up the whole.  I really find it hard to take too much credit for it, though, because it's people like SimGoober, Dolphin66, Peg, Mickebear and Cobb who've created the props that I just slap on a lot.  With such intricate and beautiful pieces, it would be hard for me to NOT be able to make something that looked halfway decent!!

bat-  Thanks for the comment bat!  I've had a TON of inspiration from so many members and journals over the years.  I save pictures that I find particularly inspiring on my computer and reference them when I'm piecing together lots.  A lot of times there are small pieces of someone's picture that I really like... and so what I try to do is to make each part of my cities the kind of things that would catch my own eye!  Fredval over at ST creates cities is much the same way, and I've taken it as quite an inspiration!

threestooges-  I'll try and get a wide view pic and possibly a mosaic.  I still have parts of the gardens that are completely empty, and there are portions that I am in the process of completely redoing because (as I mentioned above) they weren't unique enough on their own merit, or I've been inspired to update to something else!!  I have made a large number of these parks myself and (as I said before) I may get a chance to show each of the individual pieces sometime soon.  I haven't uploaded any of them because they haven't been modded and aren't really packaged very well, plus many of them are made specifically for one spot and one spot only (especially from the last four pics). 

And yes, they did take a while to put together, but one of the things I can suggest to people who want to learn how to make great looking lots is to get in the lot editor and play around with it.  Look at some of the masters like BarbyW and see what it is that THEY do with their lots that you like and try and emulate some of their ideas.  You develop your own style after a while, and the rest is history!

I've created these for my own purposes, and that's the important part.  Most people don't release what they're making, because they may serve a particular purpose that WOULDN'T serve anyone else's.

kimcar-  Thanks Kimcar, I've had to watch myself so I don't make everything too repetitive...  It's easy to make green and red (especially because my paths are the default red from SG's original BSC parks), but I need to make sure that I'm adding the yellows and oranges, purples and blues too!

Stay tuned!  I'll see if I have an opportunity to post again soon!!

Check out Abelfarei!

tooheys

This is the first time I have come across your work and I'm wondering what I have missed. That park is beautiful and a fitting tribute :thumbsup:

I am really looking forward to seeing what you show us next.

Cheers

Dave

Pat

WOW Cabra the parks is something else whos btw are those they are stunning and the way you used
them is a real fine tribute to the creators of those  :thumbsup: 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

ExiLe

wow, that doesn't even look earthlike... some alien parks or something. Great work!

take care,
...coming soon

Russell

Very impressive work  &apls