• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

MGB's Mods and other stuff

Started by mgb204, May 04, 2015, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

As usual looks lovely, Robin  &apls &apls

I am thinking that these models from Xylo should be uploaded in a private part in any case someone / NAM... would like to re work them (with his permission).

We can notice tiny color variation and mis alignment for the rails, I know that s quite difficult to fix but according to you could it be tweaked?

Regarding the bridge, I love the flexibility of this method to display whatever GLR mod used
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mgb204

I believe the NAM/RTMT have them too. I needed his express permission to modify them however. He was kind enough to do this, but when I first got into this about a year ago Xylo was on hiatus so I kind of forgot about it.

The alignment might have to be something to live with... when I've got all the pieces showing I'll know if some rotate or not. Since any adjustment would be mirrored by flipped pieces, that could look worse.

I think the colours on the bridge are fine. The texture shouldn't need any correction, since it's already a NAM Puzzle piece. The ramps are another story, let's just say I'm happy with them after many hours of tweaking. I may use the tweaked textures to re-render the models Rivit made. The problem there is that those are in 3DS max whereas Xylo's are SC4BAT, so the colour correction won't be the same :(.

belfastsocrates

Can't wait to use the depot building and start creating my new GLR depot.

I'm also thrilled to see you've made progress with the TiR bridge! It currently sticks out like a sore thumb in-game for me as we've mentioned before so progress so far looks excellent!

I've been using your edited GLR FLUP and it makes such a massive difference.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mgb204

I'm excited enough to make a proper scene...

Click for full size

Bridge is now done. Attached is an override that will place whatever Tram in Road texture you are using, onto the bridge. It must load after the Network Addon Mod folder. If anyone notices any z-fighting I may have to adjust the prop upwards a little. I've left it as tight as I can. It was the height that was causing the offset rails before.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Alan_Waters

Excellent!

Question:
Maybe do the same for GLR-in-Avenue Bridge?

belfastsocrates

Excellent! I've downloaded and I'll have a look tonight or tomorrow :)
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mgb204

For some reason the NAM Auto-Road Turning Lanes (RTL) for EU LHD were pretty messed up. This meant the junctions often would not display correctly. I've finished testing today and have verified over 80% of the textures appear correctly in-game using ID'd textures.

The remainder (7 textures) were verified by matching them against the US textures and paths. That's not to say for certain they are right, because I did have to change one faulty path.

These changes will be applied to the next NAM release. In the meantime, please find them here. I've added wealth grass where appropriate, so they are actually an improvement on the original textures. Likely the NAM textures will remain without this added feature. TGN will include compatible variants in due course. In the meantime I could whip them up very easily if someone would like them.

Thanks to Jimmyson for assistance with testing. Note these files MUST load after the z___NAM folder, if you use my mods, they will work when placed in the z____MGB Mods folder.

Vizoria

MGB, your texture unification work is really amazing. I see pictures of your work in action and for some reason it looks really simple but really good, it somehow reminds me of seeing a better graphically looking Transport Tycoon.

kelis

I want to write here just because I want to say, thanks !! Your contribution to the community with your mods and models is quite nice  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

mgb204

Thanks for everybody's support and kind words.

After some last minute tinkering with the main door textures, I've rendered all 6 of the models for my rail depot props.

There are two standalone variants (open/closed door). And 4 variants you can use modularly to create a larger depot.

I plan to have optional timed variants which will sync with props for the automata so that the vehicles show when the doors are open. I've also made a start on the necessary custom textures for GLR networks. I need to do the Rail and maybe HSR textures also. The intention is to make a prop pack for lotters, I will include a couple of basic lots though with the package, so people can make use of the download right away. The models themselves will come in three varieties that can be swapped for each other as you prefer. HD renders with either Maxis or Dark Nite and SD renders with Maxis Nite. If any Dark Nite users would be willing to check the lighting works, that would be appreciated. Since I don't use it myself.

Quote from: Alan_Waters on December 28, 2015, 10:42:10 AM
Question:
Maybe do the same for GLR-in-Avenue Bridge?

Good thinking, but unfortunately no TiA-enabled bridge exists to retexture. You could of course have a visual bridge with this method. Making the model (or re-purposing one) is the easy part, coding a bridge to function is no small endeavour. Compared to the TiR fix which was about 5mins work.

cmdp123789

Oh yes! I love them. Actually I have been looking for something like these.. great idea! &apls

Simmer2

Oh boy! I already have a few ideas if you do make the rail version :P
________________________________________________________________________________

mgb204

Just a small teaser:

I know I've been cagey about commiting to the full set. Thus far the models are easier to convert than ML's El-Rail. Since they took all of an hour (excepting one :angrymore: model I could never get perfect), I think you can expect a full set of L0 RHW crossings in the near future.

Note how the model that overlaps the RHW is not actually part of the crossing. This can not be avoided, much like with ML's El Rail, there will be some imperfections, but I've sorted RHW-6S and 8S crossings, I will finish a set similar to the El-Rail I've already released for BTM.

noahclem

Great work with the el-rails  :thumbsup:  Those depots are particularly exciting, I really like the modular approach and an HD dark night version will be great!

mgb204

I'm not sorry for the sort of double post  :P

Because I've an update, Ortho Crossings... TICK.

As a special for SC4D readers only, find a preview containing what you see here attached. Be sure to load after the BTM folder in z___NAM for them to work. Who'd have thought you could squeeze so much goodness into 6KB  ()stsfd()

:update 5th Nov 2016: Attachment removed, please update your NAM version to 35 or later, which includes these fixes. MGB.

compdude787

Looks nice! I guess that's the problem with RHW-6S being an overhang network; you get the pillars intruding onto the lanes of the freeway. Oh well, not much you can do about that...
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

Great stuff!Love the tram/GLR depot!Hoping for a rail version too...

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

mgb204

A quick update on the GLR depot.

Still some work to do on the GLR textures. Also for the release these German Catenaries will be optional. I just couldn't resist using them, since they are around me every day  :).

The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed the texture on the right of that image. It's about time I introduced my Industrial SAM Project:

So far that's all there is, 5 textures. Thank you to Bipin for providing the texture this set is based upon. Without this I would probably never started this project.

Obviously it needs some refinement, but I've attached a SAM10 override See update on this post for preview... with what you see here and one lot overlay. My development files are based on the original texture with yellow middle lane markings. I can switch these to white very easily, therefore I should be able to offer both options eventually.

One thing I should note, this SAM texture will never show sidewalks if next to Industrial zoning. They have baked-in concrete, in this case to match the IRM textures. The option is there to generate different bases, to match other industrial types. I-D and I-M will show the I-M concrete, whereas I-HT zoning will switch to the darker concrete (not shown). This set is intended to blend into industrial areas seamlessly. Suggestions for other textures? All I could think of was Paeng's Grunge textures, which I plan to support.

Any feedback at this stage is most appreciated. Since once I rubber stamp the first 5, there will be no going back. So please download, have a peek and feel free to be critical of them.