• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RepublicMaster

I had that glitch once too. Kinda had me worried until I fixed it. :P

dlo§rhuj

That's an interesting way to ship freight.

Terring7

Get lost G.D.I.! Simcity belongs to the Brotherhood of Nod!

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

Here is something interesting I found. 2 robbers arrested by the police. A scenery that's actually an automata, circulating in the city.

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

sunv123

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

dyoungyn

Has anyone noticed a LAG now when zones are applied on maps.  Not that the game otherwise operates normally, but is frustrating to be dragging a network then suddenly it skips a beat and one ends up placing a zot where the skip occurred and the mouse is.  Hard to explain and again does frustrate me.  Makes me believe that maybe I have reached the limit for a Region.

mgb204

Haha, I suppose a lighthouse wouldn't be much use in-land? Probably the keeper didn't let them demolish the building so the road was built around it type of scenario?

SimCity V6

No kidding here... I was able to plop two mayor's houses separately in my "organic growth" city (the way SC4 was initially meant to be played) without using mods, cheats, or extra buildings. The dual mayor houses were obtained via a glitch, which happened as follows:

I initially received a news report in the ticker about my reward, and I thought that the emergency news box would not appear after some time. I then hastily dove into the rewards section, plopped my first mayor's house, and-- the newsflash appeared with the message about my reward and the options to accept or deny the prize. Accepting the second mayors' house, I was able to plop that down in tandem with the original. I believe there is only one limousine, and it functions normally. You could use the trick in case you would like to reap extra benefits, if you can.

(first rewards menu house on left, second news message house on right)

FrankU

Ha, yes. Sorry for you, but this is a very old way of plopping every reward twice. It is so old and not really neccessary anymore, now that we have the Extra Cheats.dll that probably most of us don't know about it anymore. But being an old man I still remember it from the first years of gameplay.

SimCity V6

Quote from: FrankU on April 12, 2017, 05:04:41 AM
Ha, yes. Sorry for you, but this is a very old way of plopping every reward twice. It is so old and not really neccessary anymore, now that we have the Extra Cheats.dll that probably most of us don't know about it anymore. But being an old man I still remember it from the first years of gameplay.

Eh, sure. This, however was a surprise to me anyway that I did not expect. I'm playing this city legit, without any sort of cheats, so I would accept that good old trick. It's nice to know it, anyway - it's a little puzzle of timing, reaction, and benefits.

mrbisonm

Oh Geeeez, yeah.... I used to do this all the time and I totally forgot about it. That was quite a discovery at that time.......

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

praiodan

In fact there's another way of almost infinitely duplicating rewards, using a game glitch without any "real" cheats. Of course you have to meet the reward's requirements first, but then select it from the menu and keep pressed the right mouse button. The reward won't vanish from the cursor as long as you repeat keeping the right mouse button pressed while plopping.

SimCity V6

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 12, 2017, 08:35:09 PM
Oh Geeeez, yeah.... I used to do this all the time and I totally forgot about it. That was quite a discovery at that time.......

Fred

Ah, the good old days... I've only played SC4 since 2009, unfortunately.

Quote from: praiodan on April 12, 2017, 10:27:16 PM
In fact there's another way of almost infinitely duplicating rewards, using a game glitch without any "real" cheats. Of course you have to meet the reward's requirements first, but then select it from the menu and keep pressed the right mouse button. The reward won't vanish from the cursor as long as you repeat keeping the right mouse button pressed while plopping.

Quite helpful since I also accidentally demolished/stripped a graveyard of everything except the center piece (FlexTrans/Draggable Viaduct piece?). Unrelated, but that also happened to a row of commercial buildings which were also affected by RHW piece misplacement until I rezoned and demolished the glitched buildings. Sorry for sounding a bit inexperienced here anyway, I've only sporadically played the game since 2012 until now and... I just don't know it anyway. I might post that here if anyone wants, anyhow.

j-dub

@Haljackey: I actually like the aged shade of the roads better like that, instead of the pitch black I associate with new pavement. Too much work for all that to be retextured though.

@SimCity V6, I had something odd happen with the mayor's house myself. I made the mistake of assuming the mayor's house lot remains at 2 x 3, only for a later play thru, I find out somehow the property was expanded, exceeding the lot size, with textures and props going over into other lots and the adjacent roads. All I know is, I certainly didn't Lot Edit it that detailed. Whoever did, somehow added at least one animal in, a giant hedge maze, and the most notable difference is there is one more if not two other UDI vehicles that spawn next to the mayor's house. One is a stretch Hummer based limo, and the other is a Chopper bike. Obviously a certain someone else who I won't mention had downloaded those from who knows where, but I don't get how they modified the game that all those UDI limo based menu rides are in there all at once without crashing. Point, it's completely the opposite where you say only one limo spawns by your two mayoral houses. I'm reaping three types of drive-by's around that house.

SimCity V6

Quote from: j-dub on April 14, 2017, 10:11:39 AM
@Haljackey: I actually like the aged shade of the roads better like that, instead of the pitch black I associate with new pavement. Too much work for all that to be retextured though.

@SimCity V6, I had something odd happen with the mayor's house myself. I made the mistake of assuming the mayor's house lot remains at 2 x 3, only for a later play thru, I find out somehow the property was expanded, exceeding the lot size, with textures and props going over into other lots and the adjacent roads. All I know is, I certainly didn't Lot Edit it that detailed. Whoever did, somehow added at least one animal in, a giant hedge maze, and the most notable difference is there is one more if not two other UDI vehicles that spawn next to the mayor's house. One is a stretch Hummer based limo, and the other is a Chopper bike. Obviously a certain someone else who I won't mention had downloaded those from who knows where, but I don't get how they modified the game that all those UDI limo based menu rides are in there all at once without crashing. Point, it's completely the opposite where you say only one limo spawns by your two mayoral houses. I'm reaping three types of drive-by's around that house.

Yes, about Haljackey's glitch. It also really reminds me of some beta SC4 roads which Ocean Quigley once shared (http://oceanquigley.blogspot.com/2009/04/simcity-4.html, last image). If only SimCity 4 could ever support tons of varying textures as in real life.  /wrrd%&

I don't really understand your instance of 3x4 mayor's houses. Something also odd that happened on my end, however was that with some sort of mod, my Mayor's House population requirement skyrocketed to about 3,000 sims instead of the usual 500. Oh, and speaking of the mayor's limo, I was just talking about the UDI menu. Oh well, at least that must be a strange sight in-game. I also downloaded another Seaside Villa Mayor's house, however I have not used it thus far.

matias93

QuoteYes, about Haljackey's glitch. It also really reminds me of some beta SC4 roads which Ocean Quigley once shared ([/size]http://oceanquigley.blogspot.com/2009/04/simcity-4.html[/size], last image). If only SimCity 4 could ever support tons of varying textures as in real life.  [/size]

It's not outrightly impossible, just humongously tedious to do. The same method Rivit and MGB used to create the automated sidewalks and the upcoming customisable RRW could be used to replace the road textures. The only big problem is that, while sidewalks and sleepers are small bits of the tile surface (small enough for its texture repetition to be noticeable) asphalt and concrete cover most of their tiles, and are heavily patterned on the road shape (think on the  wheel marks that darken the lanes on the roads). Maybe using two textures, one for the base and another as a shader, and drawing the shade as a diffuminated dot pattern, this could be done, but it would imply a truly enormous work, to be done almost entirely by hand. On the other hand, once done, it would be really easy to create almost any imaginable combination of textures.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Nanami

idk if this is oddities or bug or glitch or simply just the simulation limit....

fact about the picture: taken just a minutes after I finished zoning and use speed 3.... instead of growing I got the no road zots....

Kitsune

I always have this issue. One of the pathfinder experts on the NAM team may chime in... however I believe its just because the game is taking its time finding the best route to the nearest jobs avail. I typically have to let it run on max speed and takes anywhere from 6 game months to 1 game year, although I have seen extreme cases take a couple game years. I also have a fairly powerful quad core (6820hk @ 4.1ghz) so running max speed is quite fast for me.
~ NAM Team Member

dyoungyn

I personally always have this also but like as stated below, I let it play for several month and the zots go away.  Something else I noticed is after low level is built, the "no jobs" zot appears then higher class moves in.  Not really a problem for me.