• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Old tunnel models (from 2008-2009)

Started by blahdy, May 26, 2014, 06:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blahdy

Hey all,

It's been quite some time since I've been on this site :)   Some of you old timers may still remember me -- long time ago, I was working on creating Boston's Big Dig tunnel portals for SC4.  The project was too ambitious for its time and what I've been trying to accomplish, and in the end it was abandoned. 

Recently, I've discovered the project's 3ds Max work files from archives, completely intact with very latest updates that were done before it all got abandoned.   

Frankly, I don't know what to do with them at this point (I've forgotten how to do any modding in SC4, nor do I play the game much these days).  I think that it is in the best interest of everyone that I post the 3ds Max files available for public download, so any experts or NAM team members that would like to use them can put these models into use.

The model files are mostly completed, some of them are slightly incomplete, but they were mostly abandoned at the point when I needed to render and mod them into the game.  Hope some people may find good use out of these models.

Following files are available (.zip file download):
Tunnel Off-ramp:  C0A6 I-90 Ramp C (South Boston)
Tunnel off-ramps: C17A2 I-93 Ramps CN-SA and CS-SA (Government Center Exits)
Tunnel On-ramp:  Fictional tunnel on-ramp based on I-93 ramp boat designs
Never finished:  RHW Exit Tunnel portal with collector lanes off-ramp (Fictional)

Pictures:

Off-ramps: C17A2 I-93 Ramps CN-SA and CS-SA (Government Center Exits)

Off-ramp: C0A6 I-90 Ramp C (South Boston)

On-ramp:  Fictional tunnel on-ramp based on I-93 ramp boat designs

RHW Exit Tunnel portal with collector lanes off-ramp (Fictional)

Wiimeiser

We may even see them in SC2013 at some point, possibly.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

James, it's great to see you around these parts! :thumbsup: 

And thank you for sharing these files--it's a very pleasant surprise. Fortunately, Autodesk's academic license put 3DS Max into a lot more people's hands, so that should make the integration far easier than it was 5-6 years ago.  I have some rather interesting ideas as far as how to implement them already.

Hope things are going well with RL and WiC:MW.

-Alex

Haljackey

The Big Dig lives again!

Welcome back Blahdy!

noahclem

Great to see you back!!! These models are fantastic  :o

I'm familiar with the project and remember the last stages of development back when I was first getting into SC4 seriously  :D  Exciting stuff!

metarvo

Welcome back, Blahdy!  :)  I remember following the BBD around the time I joined the community, and it hasn't lost any of its appeal.  Thank you for uploading the models.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

droric

Excellent looking models I must say.  I must admit I thought a couple of the renders were real pictures for reference.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

NCGAIO

I bet it are the sixth and the last image ... if was not for perfection continues of  the concrete these renderings surely would seem with  real  images.

GREAT work!

blahdy

BTW, great to see that the community is still alive and kicking!  (some 6 years later? wow)

Bipin

Glad to see you are here Blahdy! I downloaded your Big Dig stuff when I was still a lurker, but it's been an inspiration to me ever since, especially when I began working on retaining walls and other transit infrastructure items.