• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Wow Nick that looks really awesome. Your skills with both BAT and lot editting make superb content (and makes me want to fire up 3dsmax / sc4pim, sadly got so little time for sc4 nowadays.  :( )

Anyhow, just scrolled through last couple of pages and just floored by the high quality content you've produced.  &apls &apls

Keep at it!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simcoug

Love the bridge and pond, great details that will bring the lot to the next level.  I also like the bare patches beneath the trees... Are you making those as overlay textures?  A set of those would be really useful for other SC4 lotting since they could be used with any base textures.   :thumbsup:

Vizoria

What a relot!

Will the ends of the street within the complex be Transit-Enabled?

I noticed they align with the road tile adjacent to them.

Shark7

Love the new lot.  Question though, since I can tell its a very large lot, what exactly are the dimensions of the growable version? 

I'm terrible about remembering the exact sizes of zones I need to create to get things to actually grow.

Simmer2

vortext Hi Erik, nice to see you back! Thank you.

Simcoug Hi Matt, I thought about doing them in overlays but then they will not align properly because they are grid constrained, perhaps I should make them as props. Easier to manipulate.

Vizoria Did you say Transit Enabled?  ;)

Shark7 Both the growable and the Landmark versions are 8 wide by 9 deep.

Added a few more props (Bus shelter with semi transparent roof, wrought iron benches, newspaper box and fire hydrant), re-designed the base texture, TE's street entrance/exits with perfectly aligned road transitions. Also added a few people milling about.

Simmer2/Nick

________________________________________________________________________________

dyoungyn

Looks really great, except one concerning thing. 

With the road cutting through the lot, automata may cause traffic to cut the corner as I have seen many time in SC4; Sims get from point A to B quickly with no regard to reality.

Andreas

This is coming along nicely, and we can surely use a few more "mega lots" with such nice commercial office towers. :) I agree about the transit enabling, this might cause potential issues with the traffic simulator. Better just make the road "network enabled". One other minor thing: While the streetlights around the edge of the lot look nice, they double with those of the adjacent roads/avenues, producing weird results, so maybe it's better to omit them there, using them on the parking lots and the diagonal road only. I really like those dirt patches under the trees, though, this is a common view in RL, and apart from the "dirt circle" or some dirt overlays that are usually way too large, we didn't see something like that in the game yet.
Andreas

kbieniu7

That's a piece of a great work  :thumbsup: I just add the same remark as Andreas did - doubling streetlights. Although is a small detail like a tiny particle of a dust on furniture, with such a masterpiece it's noticeable  ;D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Simcoug

Quote from: Simmer2 on May 02, 2017, 11:56:03 PM
Simcoug Hi Matt, I thought about doing them in overlays but then they will not align properly because they are grid constrained, perhaps I should make them as props. Easier to manipulate.

Yes, a set of slope conforming dirt props would be excellent!  Maybe a few different sizes (to match various tree sizes) and shades of brown.  I  would absolutely used something like that.  :thumbsup:

The lot looks excellent.  Love the bench and shelter props you have created.  Amazing work.

Simmer2

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

I may have used the wrong term. Please read "NE" instead of "LE". There are no transit switches on this lot, it will only connect visually with no adverse effects on the NAM engine.

I will remove the lamp posts from the sidewalk area and place them in other places.

I do however have a question regarding the making of actual light projecting lamp posts. I tried to find the method used to create them but come up short. I PM'd Maarten (Mandlesoft) a while ago but received no reply yet. Perhaps he is not active anymore.

Does anyone know or can direct me to a thread on how to make lights that project on surfaces? I can make the lamp posts with lights but without a rendered surface under the light it will not project the cone on texture surfaces.

Thank you.

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Andreas

I'm not very familiar with lampposts, but I know it involves some modding (have a look at existing exemplar files) in order to attach a light cone to the lamppost prop. Maybe you can use an existing light cone from somewhere else, otherwise you need to make your own. Maybe try doing a search for that keyword in order to find some tutorial.
Andreas

vortext

Yeah lightcones (and bulbs) are usually seperate models and combined via RKT4 in the lightpost prop exemplar, which is itself timed for day/night state. Maybe take a look at the Uniform Street Lighting mod which has a bunch of colored cones & bulbs.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simmer2

SM2 Cidade Jardim Corporate Center is now online, grab it here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3515

Page 1 has been amended.

Simmer2/Nick

Simmer2

*Simmer2 cracks knuckles*

Well it is time to finish the container storage project. Therefore all other projects are now on hold.

Simmer2/Nick

Silur

Hi, SM2 - You can do it !!!   :thumbsup:

Krasner

That will be great  :thumbsup: Do you plan some other stuff for this pack ?
ANARCHIST !!

Simmer2

Krasner It will include a lot more than just containers...

This is just a test lot with some freshly baked props I just made. Still WIP.

Simmer2

vester

Coming along nicely.

Great work as always.  &apls

carlfatal

These new props are awesome!  &apls

Kitsune

The container cars look great... are there plans to introduce the container cars that are in sets of 3 or 5 with jacob boggies ?
~ NAM Team Member