• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lollo's Lair

Started by Lollo, May 27, 2008, 01:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lollo

------------------------------------

If you're looking for state-of-the-art BATs or photographic-wise renderings, this is not the place for you.
I'm a BAT beginner with zero experience, interested expecially in the Traffic and Network part of the game. I'd like to share with you my creations and visions, and maybe get some feedback... Enjoy!

------------------------------------

Upcoming Projects

Since I've "moved to 3DSMax a month ago, I spent this time trying to figure out the basic concepts of that tool, expecially regarding the rendering part. As for now, I still cannot export models to the game, but I'm learning. Moreover, I got an annoying issue that force me to reboot my PC after exiting the game to start a new session, so beta testing phases will be extremely slow... Ah, almost forgotten.... Help me on the Modding aspect!

BTW, here are some... mmmh... teasers of my first project: the RHW tunnel v2!
Please don't notice the European texture with the American signage.... I'm just waiting for the RHW v21 to be released...

Keep an eye on the Lair!

WillG_75

That looks very nice; my only criticism would be to work on the textures a bit. Make the grass a darker green and "dirty" up the concrete assembly. I think jasoncw has a really good tutorial on doing that here ;)

Lollo

I've just updated the model so it more or less suits Italian standards for tunnel signage, and fixed the grass texture to a darker green color, as recommended. The overall look is quite satisfying, but there's still room for improvement.

Keep an eye on the Lair!

SimFox

it's kind of funny -  you put 3,5 m warning sign on the tunnel entrance that is at least 16 tall...

BTW is there some sort of technical limitation that stipulates all the tunnels, for instance, have to bee so, well, tall... I mean wouldn't it look better being say 8 m tall?

Lollo

Quoteit's kind of funny -  you put 3,5 m warning sign on the tunnel entrance that is at least 16 tall...

;D Yes, it really is, but you cannot see this ingame, can you?

QuoteBTW is there some sort of technical limitation that stipulates all the tunnels, for instance, have to bee so, well, tall... I mean wouldn't it look better being say 8 m tall?

No, i used 15 as most users prefer to put their sunken networks at such a height below ground, and most, if not all, of the retaining walls on the various EXs are designed to work at that level

Keep an eye on the Lair!