• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PLACE YOURSELF IN THE WORLD / The Many Nations of SC4Devotion.

Started by thundercrack83, February 13, 2007, 11:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Quote from: Giligone on February 15, 2007, 01:19:06 PM
Wow, US owns that list. But Australia is way dispraportionate to its population. haha, crazyness! :D

It's because they are a very vocal lot.  Loud mouths is the term generally employed  $%Grinno$%

Rayden

What does that numbers really means? Pages, Hits?? And, am I the only Portuguese around here, or is there somebody else already?

dedgren

Quote...a very vocal lot...

And that's everything we need to know about the long-standing "Aussie-Kiwi" friendly rivalry.  I would have added "extremely talented" (that goes for folks from NZ, too- Peter Jackson [linkie] should be made an honorary member of the Tolkien family for so accurately sharing J.R.R.'s vision).

Have a great day, wherever you're from.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

snorrelli

Born and raised in the United States, State of Georgia, City of Carrollton...

Currently residing in the US, Commonwealth of Virginia, City of Arlington (actually Arlington is not a city at all, but an unincorporated county just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC)...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

DuskTrooper

Born in Manila, Luzon, in the Philippines.  A proud American citizen of Houston, TX. :P
SC4, forevermore!

Diggis

Quote from: dedgren on February 15, 2007, 02:19:56 PM
And that's everything we need to know about the long-standing "Aussie-Kiwi" friendly rivalry.  I would have added "extremely talented" (that goes for folks from NZ, too- Peter Jackson [linkie] should be made an honorary member of the Tolkien family for so accurately sharing J.R.R.'s vision).

Have a great day, wherever you're from.

David

David, your getting the aussies and kiwis mixed up there. All the aussies you think are talented are actually kiwis.  I think Nichole Kidman is the only one they can actually legitimetly lay claim to. $%Grinno$% They will try lay claim to anyone though.  :D

jeronij

Btw, born in Soller, Mallorca, Spain, and more than proud of it  ()stsfd()  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

dioangel

I live in united states.. California. Live 50 minutes away from sacramento in a small ghost town called yuba city. LOL

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

Cali

wow, yuba city is a ghost town. but hey, it's still cali :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

thundercrack83

1. United States
2. The Netherlands
3. South Africa
4. France
5. Canada
6. Germany
7. Denmark
8. Portugal
9. United Kingdom
10. New Zealand
11. Australia
12. Spain

1. Pennsylvania
2. Alaska
3. Maryland
4. Ohio
5. Texas
6. Indiana
7. California
8. Wisconsin
9. Michigan
10. Virginia

Jeronij: I'm sorry, I didn't mean that "50 countries is a lot" comment to be derogatory in any way. What I meant was that after looking around the forums here, I saw a lot of people, but they all seemed to be from the same handful countries, at least according to the little flags in their profile boxes. After seeing that list you posted though, I realize that I am quite wrong! I deeply apologize if it was misconstrued because I have nothing but respect for everything you and those who have made this great place possible.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: I see a lot of people posting places they were born, where they once lived, etc. Just to let you know, I'm only counting your current residence, this is why I haven't added places like Poland and the Phillippines to the list...yet. Thanks again!

emilin

Residing in beautiful Stockholm, in the landskap (nonadministrative term describing old provinces, now replaced by län - but nobody cares what län you are from...) Sörmland, in Sweden.

Born and raised on the frontside of Sweden though, but I just had to get out of there.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

QuoteI think Nichole Kidman is the only one they can actually legitimetly lay claim to

I'd stake that particular claim myownself.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sc4portugal

born in London
came to Portugal small
lol (sorry i can't think of anythig else lol)
LOLOLOLOL

Kokopelli

I was born in the USA and live in the West Texas town of El Paso.

RippleJet

Well, this is going to be a long list of bilingual names (swedish/finnish)...

Born in a small placed called Ingå/Inkoo. Moved to Pernå/Pernaja, Reso/Raisio, Åbo/Turku, Mariehamn/Maarianhamina, Esbo/Espoo, Helsingfors/Helsinki, Hammarland/-, Finström/-, Mariehamn/Maarianhamina.

The last three places are in the autonomous county of Åland/Ahvenanmaa. That's an island between Finland and Sweden, being a part of Finland, but having only one language; Swedish.

dioangel

Quote from: Cali on February 15, 2007, 08:59:18 PM
wow, yuba city is a ghost town. but hey, it's still cali :thumbsup:

:D :D I agree it's still cali lol

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

Bobbo

I live in Vermont, right on the New York border, infact, I just walk down the street from my house  and I would walk right into New York.  :D

Doc

This is a really interesting and enlightening thread, Thundercrack! An interesting observation is the number two spots for country and state. The Netherlands and Alaska would be two places that I wouldn't have thought would be up that high. (Absolutely NO disrespect intended, here!) The fact that both have RELATIVELY small populations compared to, say, Great Britan or New York, but have the second highest amount of responding players is an interesting fact.

I'm looking forward to seeing the responses of the other 900+ members. One of the things I really like about the community is that it is so diverse. It is very interesting for me to read all of the various thoughts, opinions and comments from so many people of all ages all over the world. I've learned a lot and had my eyes opened to many new thoughts and points of view.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

Serkanner

If there is one thing you can say about the Dutch in general it is that they are very vocal ... always.  ;D

Asahi

And you can say the Japanese in general is very un-vocal... ::)

Hi. I'm from the city of Kyoto, in Kyoto prefecture, Japan; a capital city for 1000 years before the emperor moved to Tokyo.
あさひ

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination