• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PLACE YOURSELF IN THE WORLD / The Many Nations of SC4Devotion.

Started by thundercrack83, February 13, 2007, 11:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HabLeUrG

Hey! I live in Zacatecas (city), Zacatecas (state), Mexico (country) but born in Durango, Durango, Mexico im proud to be Mexican.

What about a map  ;D:

SIMMANIA

I live in Montreal, in the province of Quebec, Canada.

thundercrack83

The current list is...

1. United States
2. The Netherlands
3. South Africa
4. France
5. Canada
6. Germany
7. Denmark
8. Portugal
9. United Kingdom
10. New Zealand
11. Australia
12. Spain
13. Sweden
14. Finland
15. Japan
16. Mexico

1. Pennsylvania
2. Alaska
3. Maryland
4. Ohio
5. Texas
6. Indiana
7. California
8. Wisconsin
9. Michigan
10. Virginia
11. Vermont

This last round covered most of Scandinavia for us, still looking for Norway and Iceland (Is Iceland considered part of Scandinavia? I always thought it was). Japan makes the list as our first Asian nation, now all we need is South America. We've also got Vermont added to the U.S. list, home of Howard Dean (Insert bellowing scream), and Calvin Coolidge, the thirtieth President of the United States.

Doc: I'm glad you (and all of you who've posted) join me in finding this type of thing interesting here. Like I mentioned when I opened this thread, it amazes me how such a small and trivial (in the vast realm of international affairs) thing as a game can unite so many different people from so many different places.

I also see that, at one time, RippleJet lived in the city of Turku, Finland, which is the hometown of Saku Koivu, the captain of my favorite NHL team, the Montréal Canadiens, who play in the hometown of SIMMANIA. A little "degrees of separation" thing going on there...

Zaphod

Born in Dallas, Texas. Home of JR Ewing and Walker Texas Ranger :D

Ive lived many places all in TX/the South . Some places Ive lived have been the texas hill country and south georgia right across the state line from tallahasee
War Kittens !?

Couchpotato

Resident of Nevada, right at the base of Lake Tahoe

Born in Illinois, moved to Florida where I went to school with two member of the Flying Walenda's (Highwire act for the circus)
Then moved to So. Carolina (Charleston), back to Florida (Miami) and finally to Illinois again.
Moved to Reno Nevada, got married and have been here for years.   It's a beautiful place to live. 
I've visited every state in the US except a few in New England  :(

Fledder200

Quote from: Serkanner on February 16, 2007, 03:28:16 PM
If there is one thing you can say about the Dutch in general it is that they are very vocal ... always.  ;D

Thats right!!....First we scream..and than we Scream harder becouse we always think that nobody heard us, and then we talk very loud just in case nobody listens and then when we done talking we always think : what did i just say?  ???...i'll have to scream a bit more and harder :) and unlike people from other countrys...we don't need beer for it! we are just loud....plane loud, not rude! JUST LOUD!!

ps : we like to repeat ourselfs too  :thumbsup:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Diggis

It's not that we didn't hear you, it's just that no one else understands your language.  $%Grinno$%

CabraBuitre

Born in Wheaton, IL, now I live in Plover, Wisconsin, in the U.S, about 2 hours north of Madison

Check out Abelfarei!

shoreman905

USA here, Virginia Beach, Virginia to be exact. Home of Sim Goober (whom I have never met but drive past the buildings he has created for us all). You know it's kinda neat to have local landmarks in your SC4 game.

metasmurf

I'm from Sweden, Västerbottens län, Umeå.

Katten Gustaf

I am from Sweden, Dalarnas län, the town Falun.

thundercrack83

A lot of repeats this round, no countries to add, and only one U.S. state...

1. United States
2. The Netherlands
3. South Africa
4. France
5. Canada
6. Germany
7. Denmark
8. Portugal
9. United Kingdom
10. New Zealand
11. Australia
12. Spain
13. Sweden
14. Finland
15. Japan
16. Mexico

1. Pennsylvania
2. Alaska
3. Maryland
4. Ohio
5. Texas
6. Indiana
7. California
8. Wisconsin
9. Michigan
10. Virginia
11. Vermont
12. Nevada

Keep'em coming!

petercintn

I now stay (a central North Carolina expression, where I was born, Erwin, Harnett County, pop.-dwindling) in the

USA, State of Tennessee, in the Overton County seat, Livingston. 

And I sound like it.  Can anyone say 'drawl' or 'I'll be your hunkleberry.'  Or wrap your brain around 'c'ain't' ()sad().
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

sebes

Guess what? 
I am from Amsterdam, province of Noord-Holland, in .... the Netherlands

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

vil

LOL

You can add Prague, Czech Republic to the map.

sandrasim1

I am from Sweden, Västergötland (county), Gothenburg (Göteborg in Swedish).
"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work"  Thomas Alva Edison

thundercrack83

A small update to the list now...

1. United States
2. The Netherlands
3. South Africa
4. France
5. Canada
6. Germany
7. Denmark
8. Portugal
9. United Kingdom
10. New Zealand
11. Australia
12. Spain
13. Sweden
14. Finland
15. Japan
16. Mexico
17. Czech Republic

1. Pennsylvania
2. Alaska
3. Maryland
4. Ohio
5. Texas
6. Indiana
7. California
8. Wisconsin
9. Michigan
10. Virginia
11. Vermont
12. Nevada
13. Tennessee

vil: Ask and you shall receive! Welcome to the list!
sandrasim1: Welcome!

I've seen a few countries that haven't been added to the list yet (I believe I saw Slovenia, though I may be wrong). If you haven't stopped by, come on in and let us know where you're from, whether your home country/state is on the list already or not! Take  care!

Doc

Ok, I gotta ask, cuz I seem to be missing something here. Granted, my mental and optical abilities are both hideously deficient, but I'm looking at the list and I see Maryland is listed as #3. So, I go looking for all of my fellow Maryland players and...well, there don't seem to be any! ()what() I was ASSuming that the list was ranked in order of SC4D population per state and country. Of course, I can only see the results of those who have responded, so if you have access to other data, then that might be it.

Which leads me to another point...if both Maryland and Pennsylvania have one member each, then the list shows the blatant bias shown by the author of this thread! (Who just happens to be from the winning state!)  &prt Since Pennsylvania is a much larger state than Maryland, that means there is a lesser percentage of the state's population here at SC4D than Maryland's, so MARYLAND should be AHEAD of Pennsylvania! So should Alaska, for that matter. I'm all for home-state loyalty and all that, but let's keep the numbers in perspective, here. You've got poor Dedgren suffering the ignominy of second place when his state of Alaska should've won by a landslide!

Or, to make things simple, how 'bout putting a number on the next list showing how many members are here from each state. "$Deal"$ Enquiring minds want to know!
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

Frankie

Country United States, originally from Dothan, Alabama (close to Florida in the southeastern corner) I have lived most of my life in the North Augusta and Greenville, South Carolina areas  ;D

mjig_dudy

I was born in Nijmegen, in The Netherlands

I currently live in a small village in the north of England near the town of Huddersfield