• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cleanitol A Guide for Users

Started by xxdita, February 10, 2008, 03:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twhite075

i am having problems installing
it keeps saying

BSC Cleanitol TM has not been totally installed because of the following reasons:
Cannot create the following file:
C:\Prgoram Files\BSCCleanitol\fran?is.$$A
You will have to run this utility again to completely install BSC Cleanitol TM

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ()what()

logue

I've make Japanese translation.
Marge this please. :)

# -*- coding: UTF-8 -*-

MsgReportBIG = u"リポート"
MsgFoundIn = u"が以下のディレクトリで見つかりました:"
MsgNotFound = u"が見つかりません。"

MsgMissing = u"不足:"
MsgDld = u"は見つかりませんでした。以下からダウンロードできます:%s\n"

MsgUptodate = u"必要とされる依存関係のあるファイルは、全て揃っているようです。\n"
MsgHtmlUptodate = u'<h2>必要とされる依存関係のあるファイルは、全て揃っているようです。</h2><br />\n'
MsgNotUptodate = u"いくつかの依存関係のあるファイルが不足しているようです。\n"
MsgHtmlNotUptodate = u'<h2><font color="red">いくつかの依存関係のあるファイルが不足しているようです。</font></h2><br />\n'

MsgCleanup = u"クリーンナップ"
MsgCleanupBIG = u"クリーンナップ作業結果"

MsgReportNotFound = u"%sは見つかりません。\n"
MsgHtmlReportNotFound = u"  <b>%s</b>は見つかりません。<br />\n"

MsgReportFoundIn = u"%s (%s)が%sに見つかりました。\n"
MsgHtmlReportFoundIn = u"  <b>%s</b> (<b>%s</b>) が<b>%s</b>に見つかりました。<br />\n"

MsgReportMove = u"%d個のファイルを%sへ移動しました。\n"
MsgHtmlReportMove = u"%d個のファイルを<b>%s</b>へ移動しました。<br>\n"
MsgMove = u"このファイルを以下へ移動しました:"

MsgDepBIG = u"依存関係の調査結果"
MsgDep = u"依存関係"

MsgReportDld = u"%sが見つかりませんでした。以下からダウンロードできます:%s\n"
MsgHtmlReportDld = u'<b>%s</b>が見つかりませんでした。以下からダウンロードできます:<a href="%s" target="_blank">%s</a><br>\n'

MsgHtmlUndo = u'<hr /><br /><br />%sにundo.batを作成しました。<br />\n'
MsgUndo = u'\n\n%sにundo.batを作成しました。\n'
MsgUndo2 = u"undo.batを以下の場所に作成しました:"

MsgSaved = u'\n\nこのレポートは、%sにも保存されます。\n'
MsgSaved2 = u"このレポートは、以下の場所にも保存されます:"

MsgTitle = u"ファイルを移動しています。しばらくお待ちください。"

MsgFileList = u"ファイルリスト"
MsgLocate = u"ファイルを取得"
MsgBackup = u"バックアップする"
MsgQuit = u"終了"

MsgChoose = u"Cleanitolファイルの選択"
MsgFileType = "Cleanitolファイル(*.txt)|*.txt"
MsgLocate = u"ファイルを取得"

MsgErrorOccurs = u"エラーが発生しました。"
MsgError = u"エラー"

Note: It was not garbled by UTF-8 encoding.

Rayden

Quote from: xxdita on February 10, 2008, 03:57:33 AM
Using Cleanitol

Using Cleanitol is absolutely the easiest way to make sure that your Plugins folder is in it's best shape possible.

Installation is quite easy, just be sure to read the installer as you go.

"$Deal"$ Dependencies:
Make sure you download & install the MSVCP71.DLL and gdiplus.dll into your c:\windows\system32 ( or whatever your windows folder is )
If Cleanitol crash at startup and you have the following log, it means you have not one or both of those dlls or they are not on your windows path

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

This should be updated to inform everyone where in Vista or Windows 7 those libraries should be copied to. Nowadays many people are using multiple core processors and 64 bit OS and those dll should be installed or on the program's folder or on the \Windows\SysWOW64 folder, being this last one the best choice as other programs like DatPacker and PimX need those libraries as well.

Edit : Thx, done ~Wouanagaine

bambibunny

Hi, I was able to follow this guide for the first few lines and I'm having a few problems;

a) I already happen to use(and have done for some time) registry booster as part of uniblue's powersuite package, so I do not need to download it twice!
b) I was able to do the first part of the instruction and got this result.

*.exe (ColossusAddonMod_Setup.exe)  found in \SimCity 4\Plugins
58 files have been moved to C:\Users\Bunny\Documents\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol\20100302_01
            D E P E N D A N C I E S
MISSING : bldgprop_vol1.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://simcity.ea.com/downloads/getfile_pri.php?filename=bldgprop_vol1.dat
MISSING : bldgprop_vol2.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://simcity.ea.com/downloads/getfile_pri.php?filename=bldgprop_vol2.dat
You seem to be missing some dependancies
This report has also been saved as C:\Users\Bunny\Documents\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol\20100302_01\Cleanitol_result.html
An undo.bat file as been created at C:\Users\Bunny\Documents\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol\20100302_01\undo.bat

I have clicked on the two links but I am unable to download due to the messages;

C:\Users\Bunny\AppData\Local\Temp\3ix627vd.tmp\bldgprop_vol1.dat
C:\Users\Bunny\AppData\Local\Temp\3ix627vd.tmp\bldgprop_vol2.dat

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.  Create an association in the Set Associations Control Panel.

Why am I getting this message and what am I supposed to associate with??????  There is no .dat file in Set Associations.

c)After that I am unable to follow the guide due to not having any of the other files that you mention.

What the hell is going on and where is it going wrong.

An additional note(not ur fault) but all of this, inc the CAM thingy, seems like a lot of work for something that seems to do very little from what I've read.  I know this game and guide are several years old but I have only just discovered Simcity 4.

Btw, I am running Vista.

RippleJet

Quote from: bambibunny on March 02, 2010, 04:06:49 PM
I have clicked on the two links but I am unable to download due to the messages;

Don't try to open those file, just save them on your hard disk,
in the folder SimCity 4\Plugins (under "My Documents", or whatever they are called in Vista).

KnikkerKoning

Hi,

I am an old user but for some reason I cant download it? Am I just stupid that I nowhere see the download button here?

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=97

jmyers2043

Quote from: KnikkerKoning on July 30, 2012, 06:04:31 AM
....I nowhere see the download button here? ...

Usually means that you are not logged in ...

I see that you have a LEX account and that you have many downloads. So I haven't a clue if it is not a log in issue.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Althiea

Hey there,

I followed the tutorial, yet I still can't seem get it working properly. I extract the files into my plugins folder then click the cleanuplist: I then click the back up button and it moves all the files to folder including the install programs. I use the undo.bat to restore it all, but with no more idea on how to solve the problem.

I only recently started to play simcity 4 again and was downloading some mods before I started. Surely this mod is simple and no doubt I'm missing something small, I am just at a loss as to what I am NOT doing right. I have tried to do this process with the extracted files and the same thing happens, it removes the files from the plugin folder: I am suppose to do this before installing the mods, but it wipes them. Please help

jmyers2043

Lets see if I understand the question.

Quote from: Althiea on January 23, 2013, 06:57:26 PM
I extract the files into my plugins folder then click the cleanuplist: I then click the back up button and it moves all the files to folder including the install programs.

Including the install programs? Did you place the install programs in your MyDocs\SimCity4\Plugins\ ?

Clean it all has several uses. The first is to remove files that the game does not use and move them out of your plugin folder. Files sometimes sneak their way into the plugins if the gamer is not paying attention. Such as, Jpg images, PNG images, read me HTML, text files, installers, etc. . . They are no use to the game and can be safely removed manually or automatically using clean it all.

The second use is to help locate and remove files that need to be replaced with new improved versions. This may be the case if I have made a lot of props over time and if these props are located in different folders. It is advantageous to create a Mega Props file because that will speed up game loading time. So the process is to run a clean it all session that removes all the individual props first. Then install the Mega Props afterwards. In this case, it is a quick way to locate and remove specific multiple small files prior to replacement.

After a while, it was discovered that Clean it all was a good search tool. Hence, its third use. A list was created that had all the CAM dependencies. Running clean it all would tell the gamer what he had and by deduction what is needed.

I don't know if this helps. - Jim

Althiea

Thank you yes I did place the installs in the plugins too, guess that might be where I am going wrong. Where should the installs be put, I just thought the whole mod file had to go into the plugins. Or is it just the remove file that goes into the plugin. Ugh confused..  :-[

Sorry if I seem to be clueless running on not much sleep also. Was so busy trying to figure this out last night the next minute it's like 4:30am.

jmyers2043

Quote from: Althiea on January 23, 2013, 08:27:10 PM
Thank you yes I did place the installs in the plugins too, guess that might be where I am going wrong. Where should the installs be put, I just thought the whole mod file had to go into the plugins. Or is it just the remove file that goes into the plugin. Ugh confused..  :-[

Sorry if I seem to be clueless running on not much sleep also. Was so busy trying to figure this out last night the next minute it's like 4:30am.

The installer is used widely by BSC members. This has been a positive and a negative experience. Positive because this insures that the files are placed where needed. But it has also been often a point of contention by those who have existing file structures they like to maintain. 

I download files from the STEX and put them in a folder called STEX\name of creator.  I download files from the LEX and put them in a folder called LEX\name of creator. From there I unzip the files. A click of the mouse means the and the files you need, and only the files you need, will automatically deploy to a known working location in your plugins. Example: My recent houses will deploy to MyDocs\SimCity4\Plugins\BSC\JMyers\name of house.

Files from the STEX usually do not have installers. It is left for you to decide what files to move manually into your plugins. What file is the read me. What files are the pictures. What file is the model, descriptor, and lot. You will move them to a folder of your choice manually. Such as, MYDocs\SimCity4\Plugins\R$\Name of creator\name of building.

Hope this helps.

- Jim

SimEurocat

Cleanitol is great and this tutorial is as well!

Just curious as to whether you can  change the folder that is being searched? I have a laptop that has multiple users on it and most of my plugin information is stored in the program file folder and not the my docs folder. That way each user can get at and use the plugins folder that is located in the program files folder.

Ideas?

wouanagaine

As far as I remember, the maxis folder is searched as well as the 'MyDoc' folder, so even if you have every plugins installed/unzipped under 'c:\program files(x86)\Maxis\Plugins', it should find and remove the files
However the backup folder will be saved under 'MyDoc\Simcity 4\BSC Cleanitol\DateOfTheDay'

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

pannkakan

Hi SC4Devotion, my first post here.

I ran into some trouble when trying to use Cleanito. The thing is that I have my plugins folder located in my D:\ drive instead of the common spot, C:\Documents and Settings\User\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins.
I have been unsuccessfull when trying to find a way to change the folder in which Cleanitol cleans, so my question to you is if this is possible or not.
Thanks in advance  :)

JoaoBarbosa

Hello, i saw other people with this problem, but i didn't found the answer. May be I need new glasses. ;-)

I'm sorry if I'm boring you with something that has already been written.

I don't find:
Empty RCI LotsCleanitol.txt
Cleanitol Mega Pack V2.txt
CAM buildings.txt

where can i find them?

Thank you in advance,
JB

ASV7900

Why are some files names as follows:
1) Cleanitol___(FileName)
2) RemoveList___ (FileName)

Can someone explain to me?
Thanks.

mgb204

These files are for use with the Cleanitol app, when running an app you should direct it to the file or script you want it to run.

Generally speaking a RemoveList is intended to remove any pre-existing files from your Plugins folder, that the content you are installing makes redundant.

Cleanitol files look for missing dependencies and list those you need.

Bear in mind however, these functions can be combined into one script and these names are just descriptive, what actually happens depends on the contents of these .txt files. Frankly the best way to know what they do is to read the documentation of the download they came with.

In any case, Cleanitol doesn't ever delete anything, every time it removes files it will move them to a special location where everything you've ever removed is archived. It's just intended to be an easy way to remove things you don't need and ensure you've got everything you do.