• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Started by Masochist, November 18, 2006, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

oooo Bourne those are some wicked new pics sweeeet!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

frdrcklim

Nice pics BourneID. I especially love the third one with a big heart ::).
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

A200

I have FS2002, and it is old, but I don't mind it

If/when a version better than FSX comes out, I will get it instead of FSX.

Nothing worse than buying a computer game, only to have it superseded 3 months later (as what happened in FS2002 when I got it in 2003- FS2004 came out a few months later :()

Pat

Bump with some good news I got a new puter and got FSX and I finally took it out of its box tonight man this game is harder then FS1 lol.... But man its impressive for sure!!! Now I just have to learn how to screen shots from it...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

[Delta ²k5]

the simplest way: press the "print scr" button on your keyboard, open paint an press strg + v :thumbsup:

Some pictures I've made earlier this day:

Only the last one has been edited a bit ;)

Bobbi

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on June 03, 2009, 03:17:30 AM
the simplest way: press the "print scr" button on your keyboard, open paint an press strg + v :thumbsup:
This way isn't easy. ()sad()

My simple way is this: Download a software called "Fraps", install it, and set a Screen Capture key and a folder for saving screenshot.

When you want to cature the screen, you can only press the Screen Capture key.
And when you want to get your screenshot, you can enter that folder, and you'll find out there're many screenshots.

In this way,you can capture the screen without stopping the game. :thumbsup:

---Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

[Delta ²k5]

yes, I know.. but I meant the simplest way without using software :D I'm using also a program for taking screenshots - it's called snapper (klick: http://www.ovosoft.net/snapper/ ) It's very handy, light and has also quality settings. You can use it in every program like fraps :thumbsup:

frdrcklim

Nice pics Delta 2k5. I feel like upgrading my processor so that I can enjoy playing FSX again.

Yep, I still got it.

[Delta ²k5]

Thanks, but I think you all should forgett these "old" pictures... I've improved my graphics again...

Pictures are not changed! Sraight out of FSX ;)

I love ENB ♥ http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=248307&st=0

I think some people on these forums know it from the GTA Series :thumbsup: It's working also with other DirectX 9 Games like Half Life 2 or Need for Speed Most Wanted... have fun :thumbsup:

Pat

sweet thanks guys I will have to check it out when I get home.... Currently I am in MT...

frdrcklim

You know, I used to check out vids on youtube for FSX. I want to know what's the difference of DX9 and DX10 in FSX. I see comparison videos but I don't really see much difference. Two windows, both looking almost the same, if not the same.

Yep, I still got it.

[Delta ²k5]

You can ignore DX10 in FSX. It doesn't improve the graphics that much. My pictures are made with DX9 and the ENB graphics mod in combination with Real Environment Xtreme. I think Microsoft was only testing something with DX10 in FSX and the rest is only marketing. They only want to sell their product and say "It uses DX10 technology"... %wrd The funniest things I saw about FSX and DX10 was this picture introduced by microsoft to show what "vista and DX10 can do"

only a fake.

Pat

frdrcklim

Yeah. I saw that picture before. Then, when I go watch the videos, it doesn't remind me anything of that picture :D.

lol pat, it's a fake pic  ;). If you still recall, this was the marketing pic of FSX in DX10 :).

Yep, I still got it.

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: frdrcklim on June 07, 2009, 06:19:46 PM
this was the marketing pic of FSX in DX10 :).

You're right ;)

some new pictures provided by me:

I love my graphics for now :D

frdrcklim

Delta, I have to ask. I wanna know your desktop specs. I know the game is processor-intensive. I downloaded this free addon called FTX Blue for Tasmania only. From Very High graphics settings, I followed the recommended graphics settings listed there. From 20~ FPS in Very High, I got 10 FPS on the recommended graphics settings. After that performance, I was shocked. I mean the resolution is 800x600 on window mode. I got a 9600GT and it does well on my other games. I'm assuming it's the processor. I have an E2200 PDC processor which has 2.0 GHz. Let's say I want to change it to E7400 C2D processor with 2.8 GHz, will I see a very huge jump in frame rates? I feel like getting one.

This is why I don't play FSX so often anymore :(.

Yep, I still got it.

[Delta ²k5]

Okay, here you go, but I don't have a very good rig for that game:

Intel Core2Duo E8400 (3GHz, 3mb L2 cache per core), Gainward GTX260 (896mb DDR3), Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mainboard, 4GB DDR2 800 Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX and 260GB HDD SATA MAXTOR STM3250310AS. My Operating System is Windows XP Professional X64 Edition

On islands, in the desert and at cruise altitude I got with my resolution (1600x1200) around 25fps, but at busy airports my fps drop also allot... sometimes down to 10fps.That is the reason why all of my screenshot are located offshore, over the desert or at high altitudes :D . FSX is still a framerate hog. It will take again some years until I can set every stetting on high... :thumbsdown: %wrd

I think with those kind of hardware you even don't have enough power to play it with high settings on 1024x768

frdrcklim

I dunno how that can't be a very good rig. It's way better than mine :D. I'm still surprised that it can only do so much even with a GTX 260 or a 3 GHz processor. With those specs, I bet Crysis has higher framerates than this game :D.

Yep, I still got it.

Pat

gaaaaaaah gotta love the marketing pics lol.... I got break into the game a little bit more, a question though is it better to use a joystick then the keyboard?

null45

The first one is a DC-10-10 and some are FS2004 versions upgraded to work with FSX.  ;)