• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Started by Masochist, November 18, 2006, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

I will be doing that and hopefully Nivida would work on this Emachine and also I will be getting more RAM as well... I Just havent told my wife yet lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BourneID

I would have to agree, because FSX relys on your CPU much more then your video card for most things, using onboard video or sound is not an option. These use up CPU time because the graphics and sound are processed by your CPU you are prone to low FPS.

also, if you are using anything less then a 2.8ghz processer you may not get the best gaming out of FSX.

now the trick here is that FSX was designed with a single core system in mind... that being said.. the new SP2 takes some steps in correcting low framerates on duel and quad core systems. so if you are having problems with that type of system make sure you update.

Now you may ask... "my quad core should blow the doors off of a single core".... well... unless the game is set up to use all those cores at once you may have faster frames with the single core... you see... though combined those duels and quads maybe as fast as greese lightning.. each core may only be a 1.5ghz chip... so if you dont set up FSX (though Rtuner or Nhance) or have the SP2 update you will only be running on a single low end chip.

also.. if you have an Nvidia card check out the games section at www.Nvidia.com and they have recommended settings for FSX. as well, do a google search on Nhance plugin which is an exelent tool for unlocking and modifying the settings for your nvidia card.

Smile Y'all

Masochist

Quote from: BourneID on February 24, 2008, 12:36:09 PM
I would have to agree, because FSX relys on your CPU much more then your video card for most things, using onboard video or sound is not an option. These use up CPU time because the graphics and sound are processed by your CPU you are prone to low FPS.

also, if you are using anything less then a 2.8ghz processer you may not get the best gaming out of FSX.

now the trick here is that FSX was designed with a single core system in mind... that being said.. the new SP2 takes some steps in correcting low framerates on duel and quad core systems. so if you are having problems with that type of system make sure you update.

Now you may ask... "my quad core should blow the doors off of a single core".... well... unless the game is set up to use all those cores at once you may have faster frames with the single core... you see... though combined those duels and quads maybe as fast as greese lightning.. each core may only be a 1.5ghz chip... so if you dont set up FSX (though Rtuner or Nhance) or have the SP2 update you will only be running on a single low end chip.

also.. if you have an Nvidia card check out the games section at www.Nvidia.com and they have recommended settings for FSX. as well, do a google search on Nhance plugin which is an exelent tool for unlocking and modifying the settings for your nvidia card.

I did a search for the Nhance plugin, but the only relevant result was...this specific page %wrd.  Can you provide a link?
(Under Construction)

BourneID

here is the link to the homepage...
http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=home

I know it doesnt look like a highclass homepage but I can say that the mod is quality, and as for secure, it was pointed out to the FS community by the ACES Blog which you can find a link to at the FS homepage.

Smile Y'all

jaronamo70

*Woo Hoo, mega-bump  :thumbsup: *

I spend about the same amount of time on FS2004 as I do playing (or at this point, downloading is a more appropriate word...I refuse to play vanilla) SimCity 4. I have a lifelong ambition to become a commercial airline pilot, and I try and fly at least once or twice a week...virtually. I belong to United Virtual Airlines, as a CAT I Captain in the Dash-8. Let me be the first to tell you that if you're looking to join a virtual airline, you'd better like flying, 'cause there isn't any money in the virtual world!

After tonight, however, I think I'll work on more downloading  ::) . My last online flight didn't exactly go as smoothly as I planned...I think Denver Center's a little peeved at me right now.  :D

Pat

Quote from: jaronamo70 on April 26, 2008, 08:27:01 PM
I think Denver Center's a little peeved at me right now.  :D

Well that is never a good thing to have a control tower ticked at you lol...   I on the other hand havent been yet able to resovle my problems yet but hopefullly soon... So maybe soon I can get LAX ticked at me  $%Grinno$%

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jaronamo70

Quote from: Pat on April 27, 2008, 08:39:33 AMSo maybe soon I can get LAX ticked at me  $%Grinno$%

I'll join you in that venture....then again, it's not worth getting booted off the roster over at UVA. Do you fly for a Virtual Airline, or do you just fly?

Pat

I havent flown since the orginal MS flight Sim many moons ago and then I saw the pics for X and I wanted to fly again but my poor computer wont handle it siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh....

frdrcklim

Someone give me advice. Is it possible to manually fly an A321 using keyboard only. I heard in some youtube vid that you need a joystick, which I totally don't want to buy.

This is me flying with keyboard only http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxtyrejSiNc
It's a shame I get one star for this. Can someone, who has an account, be so kind to give me 5 stars for effort  ;D.

Does anyone know where to get freeware planes, preferably 767, A340, A330, with Virtual Cockpit for FSX? I'm not sure if their are that much at avsim (Haven't checked it out a while though) :P.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

City Builder

I get all my freeware planes from avsim.com I signed up for their library newletter every night I get a listing of what people have submitted the prior day, and I go and download if theres something new, if it looks good, and if it's something original.  Some of them are really excellent, and of course there are some that I need to delete out of my system because they are so poorly done.  But overall theres a couple users over there that can really create some nice planes that aren't just repaints.

Personally I can;t fly any planes by keyboard only never could, still can't.  I don't know how people do that.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

frdrcklim

For me, you can fly any aircraft manually using the keyboard except the A321. Sometimes though, you feel that you didn't do the approach right. It's still a challenge for me but I'm only practicing. Despite this game being played by one person, I think this game really needs two people. You fly the plane while the other looks on your screen and monitors your instruments :).

Yep, I still got it.

BourneID

you can do that online in FSX. though it is best to set up a privite flight with some friends.... you can even swap controls back and forth

and just to show off two of my latest edits...

Smile Y'all

Pat

ooooooooo wicked there Bourne!!!!!  :thumbsup:

frdrcklim

Yep, I still got it.

City Builder

Yup, nice edits.

A friend of mine (online friends) and I hooked up one day since he flys planes in real life and he gave me a personal instruction in one of the cesnas, and boy howdy it was so much easier to fly with someone telling me turn to 270, lower flaps, reduce throttle, drop it down etc etc etc.  It was the first time I was able to actually land the plane on the runway.  Usually I just land it somewhere in the airport property.  So anyway, it's a pretty neat feature having two people in the cockpit (virtually) and being able to swap the controls back and forth.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

Herdervriend

This game I played by a friend of mine, with an joystick (otherwise this game would be useless, keys are irritating) and I can say, it's a gigantic good simulation game:D I want to play it, but already done the demo and yeah it costs around 60 euro in Holland, STILL after a few months. But I can't play it, because my pc can't handle it and I don't have a joystick. But it is surtanly a game to play!
(Re-designing)

frdrcklim

Actually, the game can work even on the suckiest computer. The graphics would look horrible though. What matters is that you have a lot of processing power in your computer.

Yep, I still got it.

Herdervriend

Oh yeah maybe that's it:xD: Because my pc, I played the game once, get stuck all the time when I played the game and was gigantic slow to:xD:
(Re-designing)

bob56

i love fsx. one thing that helps is going to display setting/graphics, then messing with the frame rate. it takes a while to get it right, but eventually you will get it so it isn't it laggy and jerky.
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

BourneID

here are some new images from my newq rig... running one of the intel i7 x58  ...hehe ha :)

Smile Y'all