• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Noro Cooperative

Started by noahclem, January 30, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of airport should NORO's new one be?

Passenger only
Passenger & military
passenger & general aviation (private & charter aircraft)
Passenger, military & general aviation

noahclem

Hello everybody :)

Progress for me has been a bit slow of late. My new computer isn't working so I'm back to the '08 Vaio and besides that work is pretty brutal this time of year. Work is going to get worse before it gets better though, Easter being the busiest weekend of the whole year, and I've managed to get a bit of stuff done I thought could be worth showing--so better post it now before I get overwhelmed ;)

The big news is that I've finished NORO's first interchange. It's nothing mind-blowing but it's up to NORO's (and mine) high standards and I thought it unique enough to be a good note to start our intersection showcasing with.

Features as I see them:

-All wide-radius and FA curves
-Realistic on/off-ramp lengths
-Realistic merging lanes
-Realistic slopes, including L1 overpasses
-Potential to expand highway to RHW6C/8C (though not very easily) should future traffic require it
-Designed to fit the area's terrain and to best serve the areas that are potentially developable (ie, not the southern steep hills)
-Interesting & fun (to me) intersection in the western portion (top of 1st pic, right of 2nd pic) involving AVExAVExOWR+slip lane

The setting for this interchange is the northern portion of tile Jw - Oakhead Creek and the highway is the one extending south from the central tile (Ko - Noropolis) which I've been focusing on for some time now and showcased in my previous update.

More information on that highway and my plans for it soon. In the mean time I've got a few pictures from just south of the interchange

How beautiful are Vester's trains?

Time for the sun to set on this update. Wish me luck with the Easter chaos  ;)

Gugu3

As always Noah your work is simply amazing! &apls the interchange looks spectacular! :thumbsup:
simply amazing!
cheers
Guglielmo

Thanks Guglielmo! Glad you liked the interchange and thanks for being first to comment  :thumbsup:

-Noah

Swordmaster

Very good. This'll be an interesting tile to develop. Very nice slip lane though I wonder where that AVE-2 is going.

Cheers
Willy

Thanks Willy! I hope you approve of the rail--I should smooth some of it out with monorail but other than that I think it should be good. The AVE-2 is for local traffic, I thought I'd try to grow a handful of apartment midrises on the hill side of the motorway.

-Noah

threestooges

Oh the poor travelers who will see a gas station, exit there, grab a bite to eat, get gas (and perhaps fill up their car too), and then embark on the quest to find the onramp. With so many interchanges having the on and off ramps right next to each other, it makes unusual ones like this all the more interesting for someone unfamiliar with the area. Just be sure to put in some turnaround lanes for the avenues otherwise people may have a long drive ahead of them to get back on the road if they exit on the wrong side.

Nice shots with Vester's trains. Your shorelines turned out really nice.
-Matt

Thanks for the nice comment Matt  :thumbsup:  Indeed, I'll have to make sure the area is properly signed to avoid confusion and putting in some convenient traveler services sounds like a good idea. Since the area is planned to be a medium-sized beach community that's somewhat of a satellite of the main urban center, along with the tile to the north, most traffic will probably be familiar with the roads. Glad you liked the shoreline and trains!

-Noah

Kergelen

The interchange looks great and I like how is adapted to the terrain and the use of diferent kind of curves. &apls

Nice sunset pictures with Vester's train.

Edit: Good luck with the chaos ;)

Thanks a lot Kergelen! Sounds like I achieved what I was trying to with the interchange. Thanks for the good luck wishes  :thumbsup:

-Noah

Links to SC4 websites

Huston_N7

Interesting work being done here! The natural feel of those rural shots are amazing and just have to admire that train scene with those people along the coast :P

Thanks Republic and welcome to NORO  :thumbsup:  Glad you liked the different pics!

-Noah
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

MTT9

Nice intechange! Looking foward to some urbanization ;)

Thanks! And me too  ::)  It's about time to get started on that....

-Noah
You can call me Matt

Shroud

I love the interchange. It's always great to see ones built where the on and off ramps aren't right next to each other.

Glad you liked it! There's nothing wrong with regular diamonds but it's so much more fun to make something more interesting  ;)

-Noah

metarvo

The idea of an interchange over a curve is one I don't see used much in MDs, so it's good to see it here.  :)  So, I guess those two people down there are watching trains go by?  ;)

I suppose you don't see that too often and anyway I'm glad you liked it  :thumbsup:  And yes, it's a nice spot to walk along the coast and enjoy the passing trains ;)

-Noah
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

eclipticalstorm

The interchange was amazing, but the railway paralleling the highway in the later pics was absolutely breath taking!!!  Their is some degree of ambiguity in the way those two networks parallel one another...it's as if the aren't exactly parallel.  Is the highway a fractional angle (FRHW) in that stretch?

Thanks a lot and welcome to NORO! I'm glad you enjoyed the rails there and ambiguity with regard to ortho/diag/FA is exactly what I was going for. Indeed, the highway is fractional angle but it's Maxis Highway override (aka Symphony), not RHW. I like it's compactness on diagonals and it's side barriers for passing through hilly areas. Hope to see you around again  :thumbsup:

-Noah

vortext

Waiting for those puzzle pieces eh?!  ;D  :D

Hang in there the next couple of days! 

Ha! I thought nobody was going to say anything  :D  -Noah
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Great train ride down the coast.

Looking forward to see some build up area.

Jmouse

Noah, how I envy your knowledge and skill for creating transport systems. And, like Kergelen, I admire the way you have adapted the road to the terrain. I can only imagine trying to do the same kind of thing in my own region. ()what()

Thanks Joan! Just noticed I missed this one as I was going through some ToC work  :'(  I'm always very grateful to hear from you!

-Noah

rooker1

Hello Everyone!

Click to view full size pic.

Just yesterday, I booked all my camping weekends for the summer.
Enjoy,
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

Camping man, huh? I love it :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

Yes, I love camping.  I like back packing it out into the bush for a week or two and I also have a pop up trailer now with the kids. - Robin ;)

M4346

Love the site! Even though it's a little camp :P ;) lol

Thanks a lot M.  It's not actually that small, I only showed half of the park. -Robin
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

vortext

Seems you're getting the hang of it, though you may want to watch trees protruding each other, the poplars especially. The nighshot is great, who doesn't like camp fires!  :thumbsup:

Not sure if I'm always happy with the result, but I am getting more comfortable.  And yes now I see those trees you are talking about, I'll have to fix them.  Thanks for stopping by. - Robin
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sunv123

Looks like a really nice place to spend the weekend!

You have all the necessities there, like a small pond for fishing, walking trails and of course the campfire. ;)

Nice work, Robin :thumbsup:

That's feeling I was going for.....a nice place to spend the weekend.  And I did try to add everything that I have seen in a park before.  Still a few details to add to the surrounding areas, but it's alomst done.  Thanks for the really nice commment. - Robin
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

rooker1

I just having too much fun.  Here are a few more progressive pics.   I smoothed out all the river and added a few God mode trees with our tree contoller.  No MMPs were used at all....yet.

All smothed and fairly treed.  Next is the finer details, rocks, some more trees, bushes, a few animals here and there and some dirt.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

io_bg

You certainly got me interested in your project guys! I'm loving the pics shown so far. Can't wait to see how the urban areas form up :thumbsup:

I'm glad we have you interested and liking the pics.  As for the urban areas, it's taking some planning in the backgraound, we want to be sure we have everything just right. - Robin
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November