• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TEASER : New tool in the hood

Started by wouanagaine, June 01, 2007, 01:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuskTrooper

To me, it appears to be an ULTRA version of the sorry-arse Maxis PluginManager, with so much more in terms of capability.  One of the downsides of the current PM is that it cannot see deeper than the parent "plugins" folder.  With this tool, it seems that you can easily tweak ALL plugins that you have, and perhaps even some default game values; and more...

Looks ULTRA revolutionary!  I can't wait!
SC4, forevermore!

wouanagaine

Lot examplar

Deep Dependencies scanning

Deep Dependencies scanning

DT seems you are correct, but much more to come

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Yoder7652

Wouanagaine....you never cease to amaze me. I think a complete modding newbie like me will be even able to get the hang of it. :D ;D

BarbyW

;D ;D ;D &apls &apls &apls ;D ;D ;D

This gets better and better and I am sure DT will LOVE this - as will everyone else.
Humph, yoder7652, don't take all my little jobs away from me.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

flame1396

I heard something about making animated props? Thats dope  /&HiPP/%

Thats revolutionary all right.

Can you imagine the SOMY ports with moving ships and cranes. I can see quite a stir developed as a result of this.  ()meeting()
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Gaston

I am less than nothing in wouanagaine's shadow.     ;D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Yoder7652

Quote from: BarbyW on June 03, 2007, 09:30:40 AM
Humph, yoder7652, don't take all my little jobs away from me.

Ahhhh don't worry Barby, I will always have some work for you  :D

wouanagaine

so here the last pics

Full features list later today

Different LE views, with transit, land/water constraints etc...

Transparent Lot ( ie without base textures ) and Transparent BAT ( ie Cogeo station )

You can view Lot even if you're missing some dependencies

Multiple lot editor windows

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

BarbyW

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Air6

Andreas

Quote from: wouanagaine on June 03, 2007, 11:31:24 PM
You can view Lot even if you're missing some dependencies

Where are the brown boxes?  ;D

Well, I can only repeat what the others said, this is a magnificent tool indeed, and I guess it'll render quite a lot of other tools useless. ;) I noticed that you used "T" for "train" transit enabling (at least I guess so) - would it be feasibile to make it customizable for other language as well? simrolle used "A, B, C,..." as generic letters, so it works for all languages.
Andreas

wouanagaine

Thx everyone

so here is the already coded features list ( hopefully testers will add the one I may have missed )

PIM like related
- Langage available : English, German, Spanish, French ( you can translate to your own if you want )
-Folder selection, contrary to Maxis PIM which only load what is on your My docs\SimCity4\Plugins folder and to Maxis LE which load everything recursivly
- Display of S3D, ATC/AVP with the 5 zoom level and 4 rotation
- Handling of Resource Key Type 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in examplar
- Drag & drop model ( S3D, AVP ) onto catergory to create examplar, like PIM, but with more categories( aka Landmark with jobs - CS/CO/I , and growable Anchor/Mech/Out industries ), and without any incorrect or missing property. Just drag& drop on the intended category and voila. nothing to change
- The maxis PIM need a xml file from BAT model to compute some of the properties like the occupant size, this file is not needed any more ( and it will only take the name of the model if present ).
- The created examplar will hold better suited values than in PIM ( ie garbage value for example )
- Managment of international LTEXTs so you won't have any excuse to have the 'Insert item description here' text anymore
- Building/Prop families are easily managed, you can even named them in a 2 mouse clicks operation
- Open all examplar using same building/prop families
- Multiple examplars editing at the same time, so you can easily copy/paste from one to other ( for experienced user only )
- Dependencies scanner for lot examplar with more in depth than SC4Tools scanner ( sounds, ui, ltext added )
- Turn a plopable building to a reward, you still need to write the LUA code for it, but every files needed are added.
- CAM enable, ie lot up to stage 15

LE like related ( everything is preview only at the moment )
- Transit enabling
- Base /Overlay textures
- Prop,flora,building
- Building family cycling
- multiple view ( 2D only, 3D only, 2D&3D )
- multiple lot editor to enable copy/paste
- transparent lot ( ie without base texture )

TODO list
- Regarding the number of threads like "I'm missing plugin pack ID XXXXXX" I will add a feature to search for lot using that ID and a search to find that ID ( you can add your cleanitol folder to search for ), not top priority
- Fully lot editor features, including Prop/Building/Flora preview list, texture preview, grid snapping, selection alignment
  I'll try to preserve the Maxis LE shortcut to ease the learning curve
- Lot creation from a building examplar, ie right click on a building examplar and select 'Create lot', it will take care of setting all need properties correctly regarding of the kind of building
- Generation of the icon for plopable lot
- Create a growable from a plopable and vice versa

Things that won't be done ( no need to ask for them, as they can be done with others tools and requiere a deep SC4 knowledge )
-Animated prop ( aka generation of the ATC/AVP )
-UI editor
-Edition of examplar other than Lot/Prop/Building/Foundation/Flora

I want to thx the whole BSC team for testing, especially RippleJet who provide me with extensive maths formula for making every properties game compliant.

So with this tool which I hope every custom content creator will use when finished, there won't be unbalanced items anymore. Custom content creation require a lot of knowledge to avoid messing the user gameplay experience, this tool will alleviate the knowledge needed to create 'good quality' custom content
No more stage 2 skyscrappers or a 1x1 lot with 10000 CS$ jobs or the eternal Residential landmark or massive garbage problem.
I hate that ( beeing a newbie error or made on purpose ) hence why I create this tool.

Expected planned date : like the NAM, ie when it will be done, hopefully in July

I will keep you inform of the coding process in this thread

New Horizons Productions

Filasimo

i cant wait to use it wouanagaine awesome job!!  &apls :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

mightygoose

hmm fantastic. although 1x1 lots with 10000cs$ jobs could be quite useful. as a plop lol not a grow..
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

callagrafx

Quote from: mightygoose on June 04, 2007, 09:20:37 AM
hmm fantastic. although 1x1 lots with 10000cs$ jobs could be quite useful. as a plop lol not a grow..

Only if your city needed sweat-shops  :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

BarbyW

Badsim

:-\ , yes undecided since the begining of this thread... the exact feeling we can have in front of something tremendous coming .

Wouanagaine , right now , I can't assess how deep is my admiration .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °