• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

I had to look twice at that to see that it's actually from SC4 &apls
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

RickD

Santa Barbara Airport (KSBA):

More in my MD. :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

mikeski

Bridgeport Regional Airport.  This is my first attempt at an airport so any tips are welcome.

canyonjumper

Awesome airports you guys! If only I had the patience.... :P
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Kevin1a

My first ever attempt at an airport.  It doesn't have a runway yet, but I'm working on it.  I particularly wanted to run that rail through it, even if it looks terrible.  If you've ever been through the Philly airport, they have rail like that.  It's nothing compared to European rail.  Very bumpy and very slow, and as low tech as your grandmother's hair curlers, but it got me into the city at a tolerable price and saved me the cost of a taxi.

Please give me specific feedback to help me out. "$Deal"$  I know it's small right now, and I don't really have any arms coming off the main concourse.

Right now, I'm just practicing on empty tiles.  Once I get the hang of it, I have a big empty artificial island off the coast of my metropolis that needs an international airport and a port.

WC_EEND

It looks quite god as practice, and I actually really like that idea with the train station in the middle (it needs some refinement, but the basic idea is good and I might even nick it ;D)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

ShadeSlayer

Click on the images to enlarge.

Main Terminal (serves Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Westjet):

Cargo Terminal (serves DHL, UPS, Purolator, Kelowna Flightcraft):

Shuttle-to-Plane Terminal [part of Main Terminal] (serves Air Canada Jazz, Central Mountain Air, Horizon Air):

kevinaj

I'm back! Right now I'm working on a new airport for Rynasboro, since the old airport is too small. It's called Rynasboro/Staten International Airport.
Here is what has been built so far.

More coming soon!
I love airplanes.

Teufel285

After scrolling through each and every page of the topic, I've been reduced to an unknown case of "jaw drop" syndrome.  I downloaded AC Functional Airports and was quite impressed, but when I looked at MDs on SC4D, and CJs on ST, I started asking myself, How do I get the taxiways with the yellow lines, all the custom airplanes, and the custom terminals?  I've found a bunch of material but am not sure where exactly to start, if the terminals are even functional or if they are just eyecandy.  Do the planes actually move on the taxiways are do they just sit there as a prop?  Is there a current list of custom aircraft, modular terminals or just ploppable, what should I download to get all of the custom markings, and the parking ramp roads...do those function as well?  I hope someone will read this and help shed some light upon it for me before I dive into an airport project.  I myself am really interested in aviation though my financial situation severely limits actually flying.  I'm also an ex-US Air Force cop and guarded the B-2A Stealth Bomber for 4 years, so I'm into a realistic airport/military airbase.  Thanks guys for sharing your wonderful work and keep it up!!!

nekseb

Best way is for my opinion to jump into the Threads of the "AC Team Place" and "SCAG Place". You'll find both in the overview / Forums Index.

There are many informations about how do build an airport and many more.
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

nekseb

Quote from: Kevin1a on November 13, 2010, 02:12:03 AM

Does anyone know the great white building (terminal) at the top? Where can I find this?

letum aut libertas

SCWTC4

this is the biggest airport i ever made. Karl Baker International (KBI) from the region i've currently working on.   

7 runways (all over 4 km long) and 6 terminals (4 of them have satellites extension) with a maximum capacity of about 90.000.000 passengers.
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Risu

90 million? Wow. How'd you figure that out? And per what time increment?

Awesome airports, everyone!

Cali

some of you have too much time on your hands lol...j/k really awesome work to all of you.  :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

SCWTC4

Quote from: SimRisu on February 04, 2011, 04:11:08 PM
90 million? Wow. How'd you figure that out? And per what time increment?
never considered the time increment to be honest  :D (but who knows? maybe someday .. ;D)

about the passenger figure i've looked at real airports to guess the numbers: Atlanta makes up 90 million passengers with 6 terminals, heatorw and chicago both make 70 with 5, beijing 65 with only 3 (but yes one is the largest in the world :D), haneda reaches 60 with just 2 terminals!
on the other hand LAX makes 60 million with 8 terminals and JFK a little less than 50 with 7 (actually 8 but the sundrome lies vacant after Jetblue moves in the old TWA terminal)
so trying to balance out the numbers with 6 terminals and 4 satellites i've reached the 90 million figure.

by the way, here's a quick layout of the airport:

Red:
Terminal 1 and satellite A.
actual capacity 20.000.000 passengers, can be expanded to a maximum of 25 millions, houses short haul flights for asian airlines

Green:
Terminal 2 and satellite B.
actual capacity 10.000.000 passengers (20 when the U/C satellite will be completed), houses long haul flight for asian arilines and NWA (northwest airlines)

Blue:
Terminal 3 and satellite C.
total capacity 20.000.000 passengers, houses international flight for most of the world major airlines, (like Qantas, British Airways, KLM, EL-AL, Delta, United, South African, Air Canada, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Aer Lingus, JAL and others),

Orange:
Terminal 4.
actual capacity 10.000.000 passengers, houses flights operated by PanAm and TWA, a satellite terminal, named "satellite D" is actually in planning stage, if ever built it will double the terminal capacity.

Black:
Terminal 5 and satellite E.
actual capacity 20.000.000 passengers, can be expanded to a maximum of 25 millions, houses long haul flight for US and european airlines

Light blue:
Terminal 6 and satellite F.
total capacity 10.000.000 passengers, houses short haul flight for US and local airlines

actual airport capacity: 90.000.000 passengers
total airport capacity: 120.000.000 passengers
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Kevin1a

Quote from: nekseb on February 04, 2011, 03:42:56 AM
Does anyone know the great white building (terminal) at the top? Where can I find this?

Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the building, but I can give you some info to aid you in your quest.  (i just spent an hour looking for the thread where I found it)

I remember the download page was an Asian page (not a scrap of English ;D).  I was directed there by a link in a thread on the STEX forums.  The thread was something like "Airports for Beginners" or "How to Build an Airport", or maybe it was just a list of terminals and airport buildings.  There were 2-3 links pointing to the site, and they were all models of actual Japanese airport terminals.  Now that I think about it the building might be called "Osaka Terminal"  It's actually 3 buildings and you can repeat the center part to make it longer or shorter.  There was also an airport train set (nonfunctional, but really good looking)

If I find it, I will be sure to repost the link.  I recently cleared and reinstalled everything to achieve some degree of order in my menus, and I haven't felt the urge to put the airport stuff back yet.  But it'll happen eventually.

nekseb

Thanks Kevin1a, I've found & got it!  :thumbsup:

letum aut libertas

cammo2003

90 million pax is a lot. Could be somewhat realistic on a per annum basis, though. I know Sydney International Airport (SYD) carries ca. 20-24 million per annum.

Voltaire

Answering Teufel's questions above, in order:

1. The taxiways (and much, much more) are part of RMIP-2, which was released in four parts.

2. Most terminals seen in MD's and this thread are part of ACB-VLT Series 1, which was released in two parts.

3. All pieces from the above named packs are eyecandy.
3a. Regarding AC Functional Airports... that's the central collection of functional airports -- you've already got 'em all.

4. The airplanes (because of how they're made) do not move. Although with a little work, you can make pretty convincing photos.

5. Lists of downloads are here for AC (Aeropace Consortium) releases; and here for SCAG (SimCity Airport Group) releases. These are the two currently-active teams focused on airport content for SimCity 4.

6. Parking ramp roads (because of how they're made) are also eyecandy.

On starting an airport project: by all means dive right in, but be aware that a new edition of RMIP is releasing in the next few months. This will be an omnibus package which has 1) tons of new content, and 2) replaces every previous RMIP. So it might be wise to wait, instead of having to rebuild so soon ;)

Always great to see new people interested in airports!

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

Kevin1a

Quote from: nekseb on February 07, 2011, 04:35:39 AM
Thanks Kevin1a, I've found & got it!  :thumbsup:
Do you mind posting the link in case anyone else asks the question?  Also, I've reinstalled my copy of SC4 since then, so all my airport stuff is gone too. (but my plugins folder is clean as a whistle and my parks menu is only 3 kilometers long instead of a lightyear)