• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

dany10000

There're any lots with road in airport aprons, like jpj_starfleet airport?

feliwi

@dany10000: No, there aren't any yet, but you can on the one hand lot them very easily and on the other hand I'm planning to lot them and to release them, but it may take some time because I'm really busy with other things right now!

Tilarium

I'm just curious about a couple of things when it comes to building airports.  How do you keep them from taking over the whole region?  I followed the instructions on the how to build an airport thread and the runways would honestly take over a good portion of a large map.  I shurnk the lengths it said by half and the runways were still huge.  The other thing is if there was a way to get a build airport to act like one of the games airports.  Anyway, those are my questions.  The pictures in this thread are amazing and make me really want to build runways but there are those two really pressing issues... there was actually a third, but I don't remeber what it was so if you have an idea of what it might have been, answer away!  LOL

Kyle

projectadam

You just have to deal with the scale aspect depending on the size of your region. The scale to RL is actually pretty good in SC4 until it gets into the big picture such as regions/cities/airports. New York City would actually be about 10 x 10 large city tiles and I hardly know of anyone that plays in regions of that size.

For your second question, I do not know what you are looking for as a functioning in game airport. If you were looking for something that provides cap reliefs and such I would recommend the X-Ports. They are actually lots that grow depending on the size of city tiles. Some of them are actual airports but the ones that I like are the parking lots that function as an airport. That way, I can put these in all of my city tiles and now the city tile gets the benefit of having an airport but I can build my massive eye candy airport where I want it.

Hope this helps you out Tilarium.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

Tilarium

I've been using the x-ports actually, I didn't realize that those bus stops and things gave the airport functions.  I really like your idea, use those and make eye candy airports.  Really does help, thanks alot for the quick answer.

Masochist

Right...so I've never actually done an in-game airport before, so I decided to try it.  I've got the actual airport itself pretty much done, but I need to get the front of the airport built up.  I also need to do a few things (upgrade the airport services area, put in a control tower somewhere, find those airport fences...).

Anyways...here's how it looks now:

A bit cramped, ain't it?  Yeah...that's the limited amount of room I had to work with in Condor Bay.  Anyways, here're a few close-up pics:

And heck, why not a mosaic, as well?

So yeah...that's all I got.  Any comments on it?
(Under Construction)

art128

This is one of the best airport I ever seen, excellent work on it Isaac ! I really love the symmetry of the terminals and the place of the parkings.

here's something I've been making yesterday, it's a small locale airport.

And a close-up of the terminal :

I have just to redone the area in front of the terminal, I'm not really okay with it.
Hope you liked it.
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Fantastic pics, Isaac and Arthur! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

emgmod

Issac: That is a fantastic airport. Once you complete it, it will be awesome. The airport fences are found in the Parks Menu.

Arthur: Good job making a small airport. Does it really need underground parking though?

Fabian93

Hi!
I really like the layout of your Airport, Arthur!   &apls
But personally I think, and this is just my opinion, the sandstone texture doesn't flow together well with the grey texture. I would change the sandstone texture to a grey texture that matches with the rest.
Also you see that the sandstone texture consists of small "bricks", I doubt that there is any airport with bricks... (I hope you know what i mean)
The ground is always pretty smooth.
Just my two cents  :thumbsup:
----
A really good looking airport you have there, Masochist  :thumbsup:

Fabian

woodb3kmaster

Here's a look at a new airport I made just in the past couple of weeks:

My main sources of inspiration for the terminal layout were Phoenix and Denver - the first provided the idea for having the main terminal entrance in the center of the roadway, and the second is where I got the satellite concourses from. The whole thing grew out of the cargo terminal that's visible in the second two pics, which is a modification of one I made for one of my League of Nations allies.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

tag_one

Great airports guys! They look really nice  &apls :thumbsup:

art128

Quote from: emgmod on August 29, 2009, 10:54:05 AM
Arthur: Good job making a small airport. Does it really need underground parking though?
Yeah, I've redone the front of the terminal, I show a new picture(s) soon.

Quote from: Fabian93 on August 29, 2009, 10:58:34 AM
Hi!
I really like the layout of your Airport, Arthur!   &apls
But personally I think, and this is just my opinion, the sandstone texture doesn't flow together well with the grey texture. I would change the sandstone texture to a grey texture that matches with the rest.
Also you see that the sandstone texture consists of small "bricks", I doubt that there is any airport with bricks... (I hope you know what i mean)
The ground is always pretty smooth.
Just my two cents  :thumbsup:
Fabian
Thanks Fabian, Actually the sandstone texture isn't here anymore, it's because I used a self made mod that replace some textures choose by the sandstone one (better to fit the a big city with one pavement style texture.) I understand what you mean by "I doubt that there is any airport with bricks... ", I completely agree with that, It will be I think dangerous for a plane ! xD And thanks for your two cents, they're really appreciated !  :thumbsup:

Great airport there woodb3kmaster, I like the general layout of the terminals. The only critic I can had, is that there's a bit too much plane at the gates, maybe you can delete some of them..  ;) :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Sorry for double-posting..

Here's Petrep Izevzk int' Airport :

Props & Texture Catalog

tag_one

Great work Arthur! I loved the mosaic and especially the garbage dump  :thumbsup:

calibanX

Awesome airports Arthur. I like your custom lotting too. Good ideas there. You've given me some good ideas ;)

Take care.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

taner

Can you give me the link to the parked aircraft are you?

peter007

KoV Liberty

Here are some from my latest MD update... Enjoy!

For Long Distance Intl...

Cargo Processing area for entire west Atrubia.

The main avenue goes under a taxiiway...

At night...

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.