• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomil

Great Airports everyone. After lurking around some, I've decided to add some of my own airports to the collection, but rather small ones.
First one is Derrics International.

An overview of the entire airport area. The military installation on the right is Camp Tango, base of a UN Peacekeeping contingent in the area.

The Terminal Area of Derrics. Currently, due to the unstable security situation, services to the Airport are limited to a twice daily Lufthansa Service to Frankfurt, a service to Barcelona with Iberia operated five times a week by Air Nostrum, and a daily service to Istanbul with Atlasjet.

The General Aviation Area is currently the busiest civilian part of the airport, with UN liaison flights coming and going throughout the day, and even at night. The Hangar used to be operated by Simavia, a local charter airline, but that outfit closed down with the outbreak of the war, and hardly any maintenance work gets carried out there.

You think it can't get any smaller?

Wrong

I welcome you to Stanica Airport

Built on the site of a former Luftwaffe airfield, this small airport was opened in 1981 to capitalize on tourist traffic to the surrounding beaches. With the outbreak of the civil war in 1992 almost all civilian operations ceased and nowadays the only scheduled connection is one daily flight to Zagreb via Sarajevo.

As you can see above, another drawback of Stanica is the short runway, which restricts operations the turboprops and small STOL jets. No ILS either, so the airport is subject to the whims of the weather.

Hope you liked them and the little improvised background  ;)

bat

That airport is looking fantastic, The_Hutt!

Your small two aiports are looking great, too, thomil! :thumbsup:

tabi

I am making a new model of A380 now.

parking (A380 only Ramp)

It is likely to meet you in your airport shortly.

thanks ;)

cameron1991

:o
That looks awesome!
I cant wait for the A380 to be released!

canuck3360

tabi I love your models just one suggestion can you make the A380 a bit larger? the last set you released were smaller Aircraft than the A340's and 747's which in RL they are a bit larger than those two

bat

The model looks fantastic! Looking forward to it, tabi! :thumbsup:

pilotdaryl

tabi is still here? I've been downloading/watching your work since a few weeks ago!  Your site does not have a guestbook, and I've been longing to make a comment about your outstanding work.  Why not here?  The new A380 is looking great!  Thanks to you, the variety of planes in our airports has gone up by at least 150%.  Good luck with any future projects!  On second note, I am also an aircraft-BATter.  I am currently working on the Boeing 777-300, just to let you know. ;)
I might also be able to help you with the aircraft LODs so that any jetways can properly attach to the planes.

tabi

@cameron1991
@bat
Thank you for the comment.

@canuck3360
Nice advice. The size is adjusted.

@pilotdaryl
thanks.
It expects it of 777 that you make.

Earth quake

Wow, beautiful airport.
Excellent. &apls

cameron1991

I just noticed, the wingtip fences on your A380 dont look right
They should look like this:

RBC

Quote from: cameron1991 on February 28, 2008, 01:34:39 PM
I just noticed, the wingtip fences on your A380 dont look right

Wow! Do you guys like cities or planes the most?  ::)

ma360

pilotdaryl

I'm afraid I must agree.  If I wasn't busy working on my 777 and my CJ, I would be glad to help you.  Good luck!

demivengi

first try!
highway crossing the ramps and aprons!

demivengi

demivengi

demivengi

demivengi

Une_ame

Wouaaaaaah, Concorde, Me like it ::)!!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !