• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

Very good work :thumbsup: But when will we have a T-Ram with Sandstone and the other sidewalks mods? :)
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

io_bg

:o Diagonal tram-in-road and tram-on-road pieces???
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

gn_leugim

Quote from: Sciurus on February 15, 2009, 05:47:55 AM
Very good work :thumbsup: But when will we have a T-Ram with Sandstone and the other sidewalks mods? :)

that is something that other people must do lol.. I has thinking in making them (and not just the T-RAM pieces) for my sidewalk mod..

and btw, that looks awesome XD  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Simpson

:o :o
Incredible work there
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Chrisim

Just a few pictures to show what we are working on ...

One tile short with overhang (left), two tiles with overhang (mid) or three tiles (right). Puzzle pieces were plopped in front and behind in the picture.
If you use short trams (BSC SFBT GLR Tram Mod), you'll be more interested in the short version. Other users will install a longer version.
Link to the real life example for this station

... still in development, will be improved, would you like it (it's big, 3x2 tiles)? ...

... and a few more ...

io_bg

Great work! Will they be released soon? (I mean the ones in the first picture) The one in the second picture is also good but I don't like it's size ;).
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kbieniu7

Diagonal T-RAM, is my dream  :D
Great stuff!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Schleicher68

Quote from: Sciurus on February 15, 2009, 05:47:55 AM

I speake with Chrisim and Andreas. Z-mod is an idea to realize other textures in to combine with sidewalk mod.

newsimaddict

The tram-in-road stations look fantastic! The 1st set of pics are my favourite. I agree with io_bg with the second pic - it's looks too wide.

The other thing as a suggestion maybe? In melbourne, we have the tram on road in the suburbs with no real 'platform'. They have a shelter on both sides of the road with a timetable and rubbish bin etc but no real marking to define a 'tram-stop.' Below if the link works, it shows a typical road with the tram-stop ive described. They don't always be near traffic lights.

www.alphalink.com.au/~parkerp/blog/elst1.jpg

But then again, we have this strange law here that all cars must stop and giveway to pedestrians entering and exiting trams at stops...

However it turns out, all the work here is fantastic and I certainly couldn't do the things you've achieved here!  &apls

j-dub

Alright, great to see a Tram on Road station. Maybe that extra space could get filled with plant prop families and lights. The network pieces are just important as always. Good job.

z

Would anyone be interested in a T-RAM station that looks something like this?

This is actually a combination bus stop and T-RAM station; I can easily remove the bus stop to get a plain T-RAM station.  Those are benches in the middle, one facing in each direction; there's actually enough room there for the Sims to sit down without having to worry about getting their feet cut off by the trams.  The stripes are optional; by removing one file, you can get rid of them if you don't like them.

The props are a newspaper stand, a timetable, and a bus sign.  There's almost enough room for the RTMT narrow subway stairs in the middle, as the tracks are farther apart than in GLR-in-avenue, but not quite.  A clever BATter may be able to fix this.  The props are easily adjustable, so I'm open to suggestions.  J-dub:  Where would you put the plant prop families and lights?  And which ones?

As you can see, this stations seamlessly integrates into the T-RAM network. Right now, I've built it as a standalone station, but fully compatible with RTMT standards.  This means that when this feature is integrated into RTMT, all the standard customization features will be available.

This is a fully functioning station.  The transit requirements are identical to one of the RTMT GLR-in-Avenue stations, so I just copied the transit switch point intact.  I have found this to be a very good way of getting accurate transit switch points.  All that remains is to construct a little test bed and make sure everything works, which shouldn't take long.  So, should I finish this now?  Or would people prefer to wait for the other stations in progress?

Andreas

Personally, I think the benches are a tad too dangerous, and I guess the outer platforms could be removed (let's pretend the sims use low-floor trams, so they don't need additional steps). Apart from that, it looks really nice, and the bus stop functionality can stay - T-RAM is all about compact design, so any additional bus stops (that might need a whole tile if you're not using RTMT stations) are a bit pointless.
Andreas

JoeST

I always thought you boarded trains from the outside of the two tracks?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: JoeST on February 16, 2009, 05:54:33 AM

Me too...  %confuso Otherwise I like that station...
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

MandelSoft

Quote from: JoeST on February 16, 2009, 05:54:33 AM
The only exclusion of that fact that I know is the RandstadRail (a regional tram around the Hauge). There are four stations where you board the train from a platform between the two tracks.

I think that the platforms of that station are way to narrow, so I guess I don't like it.

Best,
Maarten 
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

dgidge

In Geneva, we have some tram stop like this... A little bit dangerous, but real

strucka

I love everything. I just love it... keep up the great work you do.

z

When I lived in Boston, they had trams that you could board from either side.  Thus the benches.  It is a little tight, though.

Thanks for all the comments, and please keep them coming.  I'm going to try out a few more things based on what people have said.

j-dub

Question, is this in the master plans?

The piece on the left is an example of a pathed GLR in Avenue neighbor connection only puzzle piece.

Jonathan

J-dub, this shouldn't be needed as the Ave/GLR pieces are the same in Avenue in that when you make an avenue connection a crossover is not needed.

Jonathan