• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JBSimio Inc.

Started by JBSimio, February 05, 2007, 11:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

francis90b

Wow, i did really remeber them!

I like the progresses, but there are some things i'd like to point out:

First building from top:

-You might want to work on the bitmap youve used on the roof of the first building from top.
Right now the bumps, discolorations, stains etc. are a little bit too noticeable.
Maybe a darker bitmap would fit better, and provide some nice contrast with the (relatively) light brick facade of the building.

-Speaking of the bricks of the first building, maybe it would be a good idea to add some contrast there.If the fact that the roof is "a roof" is too noticeable, the bricks have the opposite problem.

Second building:

Very nice building!

-In which material is it's facade clad? Bricks? Stone? Plaster? personally i can't tell.
-The flashing fascia at the top of the building- did you texture it or is it still untextured?
If the first option is the right one, then it looks a little bit too saturated, and it kinda stands out too much.
-The roof has the same problem of the roof of the first building...it seems too small for this type of building, and the roof cracks are way too noticeable.
-Are you really sure that that kind of large entrance would stand there right below the corner curve?
Maybe some smaller bays would be (more probably) used there...

Oh, and would you mind to consider making a taller version of it? Maybe it could match with the tall, non-corner FAB building you've shown when you started this set of buildings.

Third building:

The flashing fascia stands out too much a bit too much- i think it is the same situation found in the 2nd building.If it is textured, you might try to tone down it's saturation.
The stains on the roof might be a little bit too noticeable, and maybe the roof itself could be made lighter or darker.

I really like those buildings, and i'm glad you returned working on them.

Sciurus

It been a long time Jon! :D But it's always a pleasure to look at your creations! &apls I hope to see you more often stopping by there... ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Pat

:thumbsup: Jon you may or may not remember me lol but man no matter what you do its always a master piece sir  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

calibanX

Welcome back JB. You just go ahead and work on whatever project you have at hand. It's great to see your work no matter what it is.

Happy New Year.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

XiahouDun

Your buildings still amaze me every time I see them. I hope some day my talent is up to par with your's. Everything you make looks so clean and real, its just awesome :D &apls
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)